Do you do this?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Do you do this?

Postby LoriO » October 14th, 2005, 8:15 pm

I weigh once a week on Mondays. I seem to start worrying what the scale will say a day or two before. This week I am particularly worried because it is TOM and I have had a little trouble going to the bathroom. I am sorry for the icky information! :oops: I am TOTALLY faithful to my plan (of which I am really proud because Monday will be 4 weeks! :angel: ) so I know there is nothing I can do about what the scale says, but it doesn't stop me from worrying. Oh, I hope I lose! :help: Anyway, I just wondered if I am the only one who does this???

Start Date 9/19/05
319/244.5/150
Lori
LoriO
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby mytime » October 14th, 2005, 11:00 pm

In a word, no. I too worry. I weigh in on Sunday roll call. I have noticed that I generally do not start to show a loss until Wednesday or Thursday. This past Tuesday, however, I was down 2.5 pounds already and congratulating myself mentally and was thinking, oh boy this will be one of those mid program big loss weeks we all pray for as my wt loss has slowed in recent weeks. Wellllll - this morning I was only down 1.5. Very sad - but I was thinking it is close to my TOM, my daughter and I have slepta bout 6 hours in the last 2 days as she has the stomach flu and yes I am worrying. What has happened ? Is the scale going to go up again, down ? I too have been complaint so I will tell you what I think. We are so used to programs not working or more to the point struglling in the past with staying on one pound per year loss programs that we start to fear that MF magic is simply that - magic and maybe it will not work for us. DESPITE pages of evidence and this site that it does. I thank you for your post. I have been thinking the same thing. My rational mind, however, realizes that if I stay on plan the wt is bound to come off. How could it not ? SO where is my rational mind ? For all of the years I was NOT in wonderland and managed, getting this wt off seems like it is taking forever. I am trying to take a step back and just remember - I spent years getting the wt and keeping it on - a month more than I wanted of waiting to get it off is doable. HANG IN THERE YOU ARE DOING GREAT !!!!!!!! You can believe the good press about MF. The wt will come off. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby dlr2424 » October 15th, 2005, 9:54 am

Lori.... :secret: ....your feelings are totally normal........ :hmmm: .......I know it's easier said than done, however, if you try focusing on your compliancy which you seem to have underway.... :yes: .......then the scale will catch up......... :dance: .......just keep shakin it and you will continue to see results........ :yay: ...........

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LoriO » October 15th, 2005, 4:28 pm

Thanks, ladies! I am glad to know that I am not alone!

Start Date 9/19/05
319/244.5/150
Lori
LoriO
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Return to The Weight Room