You May Be Healthier Than You Think!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

You May Be Healthier Than You Think!

Postby Lizabette » March 30th, 2006, 8:04 pm

Hi MFers,

We may all be getting healthier than we realize! The following article talks about the benefits of including cinnamon in our diets.

Personally, I use cinnamon like it is going out of style...in my oatmeal, hot cocoa & some shakes, oatmeal or shake cookies, etc.

I have included just the first couple paragraphs, but there is much more in the article of interest. Here it is:

"Just half a teaspoon of cinnamon a day significantly reduces blood sugar levels in diabetics, a new study has found. The effect, which can be produced even by soaking a cinnamon stick in your tea, could also benefit millions of non-diabetics who have blood sugar problems but are unaware of it.
The discovery was initially made by accident, by Richard Anderson at the US Department of Agriculture's Human Nutrition Research Center in Beltsville, Maryland."

There are numerous other benefits mentioned in the 1-1/2 page article.If anyone wants the complete article, PM me and I will be happy to attach it to a reply. In any case, enjoy your cinnamon. It could be making you healthier!

I am pleased to be part of this wonderful group of Medifasters. I am inspired by the posts of you all.

Happy shaking, all! You're the greatest!!

Lizabette

Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Arklahoma » March 30th, 2006, 10:53 pm

This is fantastic news! Thanks for sharing as I use a ton of cinnamon, also. Seems like the bottle's always empty.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room