Yippee!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Yippee!

Postby Aussiegirl » January 31st, 2005, 2:02 pm

I'm late for my first weigh in, but anyway, I made it to the end of my first week, and I've lost 11 pounds!!!! (5kgs here)!!
We went for a walk on sunday. I live in Cairns, Far North Queensland , Australia, and there are lots of clean fresh rivers and rainforest here. Anyway, leaving home at 6.30am, we went for a walk up Bahanna Gorge- hill after hill aafter hill, 3 hours of hills!! It nearly killed me (289 pounds of me), I had to stop every 40 steps to catch my breath. I think I was resting longer than walking. Then to top it off, when we got to the top, we climbed down big boulders down the side of the gorge to get to the river to swim. My legs where shaking so bad. I was surrounded by a swarm of march flies( big black flies, with big poky stingers).
So, Half way down a slippery big boulder, looking down at the river straight below me, I sat there and started crying. I'd had enough and couldn't go on! My husband came back to help me, and I was sobbing, "I'm scared, I can't go any further". The dogs came up, trying to lick my tears. Finally, with Simon swatting the flies and giving me a hand, I got down to the water and had a freezing cold swim (It's summer here, over 100 degrees, most days and 85% humidity).
So, I made it back to the bottom, thinking I must have just lost 3 stone, legs shaking!, but I made it.
Today, tuesday, my legs aren't hurting so much, and I''m still alive to tell the tale!.
And I've lost 11 pounds!!! :D
Thanks for listening to my rambling,
Gabby

300/289/150
started 23/1/05
Aussiegirl
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby RavenKat2 » January 31st, 2005, 2:17 pm

Hey Aussie Girl! Glad you were so successful! And happy that you have such loving pups. :D Next time you'll conquer that damn hill.

Kat

I've been to Cairns - loved it! Went up to Daintree and stayed in a funky spa place that felt like the rooms were hanging in the trees.
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

Postby Aussiegirl » February 1st, 2005, 2:10 pm

Hi Kat,
Isn't the Daintree beautiful. Where you stayed was probably the Daintree resort and spa, very lovely.
Thanks for your support,
Hope you're doing well,
Gabby
Aussiegirl

Postby Andi » February 2nd, 2005, 7:53 am

Hi Gabby..This is my second day here but I wanted to jump in and tell you congratulations on your loss!! :) ..I can`t wait till my order gets here and I can join in..It has been really inspiring reading everyones posts!!..((Hugs))..Andi
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Start: 02/05/05
1st Goal 10# club
256.5/247.5/128
Andi

Postby Aussiegirl » February 4th, 2005, 4:35 pm

Hi Andi,
How are you going? have you started now?
We are doing well. My husband has lost almost 4 kgs, and I have now lost 14.5 lbs (6.4kgs). my first small goal for myself was 7 kgs, so i'm almost there. It's now my 13th day.

Any way, good luck,

Gabby

302/287/154,
only 133 to go!!!
Aussiegirl

Postby Andi » February 4th, 2005, 6:33 pm

Way To Go Gabby that is excellent!!!!! :yes: :yes: ...I just got my supplies today!!..Gonna start in the morning :yay: :yay: :yay: ..((Hugs))..Andi
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Start: 02/05/05
1st Goal 10# club
256.5/247.5/128
Andi

Return to The Weight Room