wonder if this is ok??

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

wonder if this is ok??

Postby shortgirl » May 26th, 2005, 5:11 pm

HI everyone!! I have a receipe for jello and was wondering if it would be ok. Sugar free lemon jello (2box) 2 tbls vinegar, 1 1/12 tsp salt mix and add 2 cup peeled cucumber, 1/2 cup green onion and 1/2 cup radish. Then when ready to eat put small spoon of fat free mayo on it. I was wondering if I can eat this with my lean and green and just not raw veggies on salad?? I am now down 9 lbs and still feeling great. I am so amazed when I get on scales (every AM) and they are down. Anyway hope this salad is ok. Thanks Judy from Iowa
shortgirl
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby bk » May 26th, 2005, 5:20 pm

Well, I'll refrain on commenting on the delectability of that particular concoction...

Medifast says:

Salad or Vegetables: Either 2 cups of salad greens (any kind) and up to ½ cup raw vegetables, or up to 1 ½ cups cooked vegetables.

Yours seems like an awful lot of veggies to me... Whats more troubling is the volume. TWO boxes of sugar free jello and THREE cups of veggies?? isn't that like 5 cups of stuff or so? (Or do you not add any water?). Part of the idea of the lean & green is not just to balance your nutrients, but also to teach you to eat things in proper proportions. Yeah, it's veggies, but what about when that turns into pasta/rice/etc?

That's just my intuition, maybe others will have different thoughts. Maybe you could eat half??
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby shortgirl » May 26th, 2005, 5:24 pm

You make the jello and put it in a 9x8 pan and only eat a portion of it. You don't eat the whole thing. Yes you do add water. Just like making a jello salad. This is the best jello salad I have ever had. I also have another question I just had my first CHai Latte and it was the best!!! Does this count as one of my 5?? Judy from Iowa
shortgirl
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby bk » May 26th, 2005, 5:32 pm

Oooh, well you didn't say that, now did you silly?? I think a reasonable portion is fine, and according to this FAQ (http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-566.html) you may indeed have a smidge of fat-free mayo. I personally would be very careful with adding too many extras.

I guess me & jello salad just aren't pals (honestly, it sounds revolting, but then again, I don't like coffee either - THE HORRORS!).

Chai Latte is one of your five! Basically anything that is NOT crackers or fastsoup is one of your five meal replacements for the day. Remember only ONE bar per day if you're eating them.

Did you get a quick start guide with your order? You might want to read it over again one more time just to reinforce all the rules in your head :D

bk
bk

Postby dlr2424 » May 26th, 2005, 5:39 pm

bk wrote:Well, I'll refrain on commenting on the delectability of that particular concoction...

........... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: ...............my thoughts exactly...... :scratch: ....however it may taste delicious....... :huh: ........
Shortgirl..........I do love jello salad..... :chef: ......i'll have to try it sometime.............and I agree .....isn't the chai out of this world!!!!!!!!!!!!
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Return to Come on in.