wish me luck

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

wish me luck

Postby LeeannNH » July 4th, 2005, 4:05 pm

:mrgreen:

hi guys

im heading out to tennessee tomorrow for my sister's wedding. it is very exciting, as we are very close and i adore her fiance. however, it is going to be a true MF challenge. my plan is to stick to program and try my very best to be proud of myself for doing so.

yes, i will be faced with champagne, cake, and southern food. i have to
tell myself that these foods will remain long after mf and long after my time on this earth.

ok..i am truly frightened! i am scared out of my tree! it has taken me many years of trying and failing at diets and i really feel like this is THE ONE for me. i am just scared of self-sabotage. this has been a pattern in my life. once i slip...getting back on is very difficult, usually it takes months for me to recouperate (sp?) and pick myself up and put things back on track. my fear of slipping is greater than my fear of failure, as in my past slipping=failure.

does anyone else out there have this same dilemma? am i alone in the all or nothing mentality? its funny i can be a "perfect" overeater, but i cannot be a "perfect" healthy eater. uggghhhhhhhhh :tongue:

take care everyone and thanks for letting me vent

happy 4th
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby want2Bthin » July 4th, 2005, 4:53 pm

Leeann-

I can relate 100% to being a perfect overeater. You can do this!!! You have already lost 33 pounds! Just think how great that makes you feel. Just remember half the battle to success is preperation. Make sure you have all your MF stuff with you. If you feel completely desperate while you are there- you could utilize an extra supplement to help you get past it.

One other thing to think about is that if you eat even one piece of fruit a day you are risking throwing yourself out of ketosis & you know what that means...3 or 4 days of misery, not to mention the emotional torment it will cause you.

Try to focus on your sister & not on the food. I have used food as entertainment for so many years & I am hoping not to fall back into that. I am trying to think of food only as fuel- not anything else.

Hope this helps.
Angelia :-P
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » July 4th, 2005, 5:20 pm

Leeann-
Hi I too am a perfect overeater but not a perfect dieter..I just got back from 10 days in Branson and 6days in the hospital with my mom.. I packed shakes(100) and took 2 shaker cups with me. As soon as I finished 1 shake i made another and put it in the ice chest. that way i never ran out.. then if I was going to a show I drank 1 beofre I went in and made another in the parking lot -then had a cold one for when I came out.. Hubby ate oatmeal each a.m. and had a bar during the day; then we had the lean and green each day . I have never eaten out for 10 days in a row but it was great.. at the hospital i had a lean and green in the caferteria and 5 shakes in moms room. Of course I didn't have cake in front of me but I think you can DO this ; just try packing an ice chest and keep a bar in your purse.. I also started eating the 5 sf candies(hard) each day.. I sucked on them whenever I got the urge to eat and it really helped alot.
Good luck and have a great time at the wedding.. I have faith in you and your decisions. after all you started MF for all the right reasons and after your great weight loss already you don't want to have to start over again(headaches and all) I felt tempted alot but remembered Nancy saying it will be there for me to eat whenever I get to goal..and nothing taste as good as being thin-- Have a great time--martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mytime » July 4th, 2005, 7:47 pm

Leeann - also 100% with you. So hard to get back on that horse let alone find it. I used to think I only used food for the bad times - then I recognized I also used it for the good times - now anytime. Thats why this is mytime - and also your time and anyone else who reads this and trys MF.

You have come SOOO far and the suggestions from Martha are awesome !!! Bring everything you need and more. Before you go take 5 minutes and write on a piece of paper why MF is so important to you - how you honestly feel about your success and why moving forward is so important. When you feel like you want to go off plan - look at your paper first. YOU CAN DO THIS - WE ARE PULLLING FOR YOU - but you don't need it. It is in your heart - you will be fine.

One last thought that helped me at a party I had on Saturday - spend time talking to people - really talking and listening. Without the distraction of food there is so much more in our lives - oh and wedding cake usually tastes like c**p :lol: Have there very best time - wish your sister well on her new journey and keep a secret smile knowing your journey has already begun. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sablebaby » July 4th, 2005, 10:05 pm

Martha, thank you so much!!

I was trying to figure out how to make shakes on the road in the shaker jar and then clean it (while driving) for the next one later. DUH! I can just make another one and stick it in the cooler! THANKS! Either that or just drink the RTD's. I will remember that one! Thanks for sharing.
:bravo:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby martha » July 4th, 2005, 10:17 pm

SABLEBABY--

You are soo WELCOME!! we packed enough supplements for the day in a ziplock bag along with a paper towel or 2.. then just put them in the back on the seat(that way we didn't have to carry the 100 with us each day and we knew how many we still had to have to be complaint) we packed some water in the cooler and some in the floorboard(to refill the cooler as we used them) it worked out fine and hubby packed a bar in teh cooler so it wouldn't melt(said it was good cold)..we used a little water to rinse out our cups and then remade our next shake right then so it would be cold.. glad it helped.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby LeeannNH » July 5th, 2005, 7:55 am

oh my gosh you guys are SO AWESOME

i feel so blessed to have such supportive mf-friends. im a bit teary over here actually. all of your ideas are wonderful

angelia---i definitely do not want to get out of ketosis and have to go through that drama again! ugh! also the extra supplement is a great idea

martha--your ideas are WONDERMOUS! i also do the shake in the cooler thing when i am out on our boat. it makes all the difference in the world having it ready to go. i hope your mom is ok.

mytime---you are right, this is THE time to keep this ball rolling. and you are right about wedding cake tasting like poo! hee hee! i also loved your encouragement. your screen name is awewome--i have seen you around here and read it as "mighty-me!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

knowing all of you guys are pulling for me, just like i am pulling for all of you means more to me than any morsel of food, and i am learning to break-up with food and learn to listen to people and not my internal foodie dialogue!

thanks guys!!!! im still scared but im glad yall are in my corner

martha--ive never been to branson--it sounds fun! how was it to you?
leeann

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby tink » July 5th, 2005, 2:00 pm

Leeann - I know you will do just great at the wedding. The awesome thing is you can plan for this and have the things you need with you. Some of you read my post earlier and boy did I get caught off guard with an emergency situation the past 3 days without my MF and it was so difficult. Martha had a great suggestion about how to prepare the shakes on the road! I know you will have a great time at the wedding and stay compliant with your MF who needs that ole cake? Not you .. Not us! No WAY! :cleader:
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby martha » July 5th, 2005, 2:30 pm

Leeann--

Branson is awesome!!! love it there just hated to have to come back home.. if you like to hear gospel, country or any variety of singing--then you will love it there.. we saw 8 shows this trip and went to Silver Dollar City and Sheperds of the Hills and it was all great.. saw a few caves while we were up there.. they also have alot of quilt shops and antique stores(which I love) theres so much for kids to do too and a lot of lakes to fish or swim or rent boats etc.. we timeshared there and it was extra nice..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby MomsTherapy » July 5th, 2005, 5:36 pm

I hope you have a great time at the wedding and you will do great with the MF. Best thing to do is be prepared. And if you are tempted, go make an extra shake. Nancy may want to correct me but it is probably better to slowly sip on an extra shake than to eat some of the tons of food that is sure to be around. If Im a tiny bit hungry around that stuff I cave!!! So BE PREPARED with a bar in your purse or oatmeal cookies in a ziplock....anything MF, ready and armed! :shades:
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby 24KaratGold » July 5th, 2005, 6:02 pm

martha wrote:Leeann--

Branson is awesome!!! .. they also have alot of quilt shops and antique stores(which I love) ...

Quilt shops?? I am SO there! :D
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby mytime » July 5th, 2005, 8:53 pm

Leeann - your killing me - there are many people in my life who would believe mighty me is a better name for me. Too funny. Anyway have a terrific time and know that your MF family cares and will miss you ! Mytime (aka Mighty me :D )
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.