Why did I do it? Self Loather Today

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Why did I do it? Self Loather Today

Postby tink » June 7th, 2005, 7:28 am

Can you say IDIOT? :x It was there 1/2 a smores pop tart looking at me on Saturday and for some unknown reason I just popped it in my mouth! :bricks: I actually stood there and felt sick and for the life of me just didn't know why I ate it. I went to the bedroom and just sat in my chair and started to cry and basically had a huge pity party for one for about an hour. I was so upset that I then decided that I had blown it already and ate taco bell while out shopping. I did manage to pull myself back together on Sunday and got back on my plan. I started a journal yesterday because even though I said that at the time I didn't know why I got off my program .. after writing I figured out that it was an emotional eating session. I have done it my entire life. I have been having some problems with DH and my son has been sick .. I had to take ANOTHER day off work yesterday because my son needed to go to the dr. he has bronchitis! :cry: I am stressed today at work because I was out yesterday and my office isn't exactly "friendly" most days so I am being treated like a red headed step-child today. I started not to post any of this I have been so upbeat and positive and on program. I guess I am making myself be accountable to all of you here because I would never admit it to DH that I cheated. :oops: I just needed to get all of this off my chest. Thanks for listening!
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby martha » June 7th, 2005, 7:51 am

Tink---QUIT beating yourself up over 1 mistake. :( . The important thing is you realize it was a mistake and started a journal and found the reason as to why you did it..(that's a big step) it wasn't good anyway; :lol: :lol: really though; I know all about the emotional eating thing as i have had a problem with this all my adult life too. it's a hard one to break but together with all of your friends here at this forum you will succeed at putting it on notice and letting it know it will not win.. I'm sorry about your job treating you the way they do --it's a shame they don't know how important it is to be with sick children.. all I can say is they will have to get over it :lol: Just hold your chin up and I'm proud that you are on program again.. good luck this week and I hope your son is better today.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby tnanock » June 7th, 2005, 8:52 am

Oh Tink....believe me I have been there..... :dooh: But the important thing is that you learn from it. I don't know anybody who is perfect. I definitely struggle with an "all-or-nothing" attitude. I'm glad you are back on program!!!

And BTW, you are NOT an idiot.....you are human. :hug:
Kim

"Jesus loves you and God has a plan for your life."

tnanock
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby tink » June 7th, 2005, 8:59 am

Martha & tnanock - thank you for your posts! I knew I would feel better if I just got it all out. I am struggling today but am doing okay I just am staying busy with work. Martha - son is feeling a little bit better thanks for thinking of him.
tink

Postby LuzInIt » June 7th, 2005, 9:30 am

Hey Tink - Put down the paddle, girl. You pulled yourself out of a dive pretty quickly, didn't ya :D . Can you imagine just a few short weeks ago feeling lousy over half a pop tart - why you might have had two (mine would have been cinnamon :roll: ) with no thought to it at all. My how your perception of food has changed in a very short period of time. And although Taco Bell isn't for us right now, it was nutrition. How much happier, successful and great you feel when you're taking care of your health with Medifast. You took such positive action, first by recognizing your slip, then figuring out why you slipped, then getting a journal to keep you on track, and finally but fessin' up to your friends here - I've no doubt you are going to be a great success and reach your goal this time.
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LeeannNH » June 7th, 2005, 11:21 am

hi tink

im so sorry you had a minor slip but it sounds like you got yourself under control quite quickly. emotional eating is so hard to overcome. i definitely fall into that category. i am satisfied with my food intake but once something happens (whether it be wonderful or crappy) i wanna eat. i believe you are awesome recognizing that about yourself and facing it head on. im sad to hear you were crying about this. :( and i wish i could say something to make you feel better, the only thing i have to offer is that you are definitely not alone in this.

take care of yourself
leeann

btw: i love taco bell :mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby tink » June 7th, 2005, 12:22 pm

Thanks to all of you who replied to my post. I was in such a twist this morning but I feel much better now. I have put the paddle down and am right back in the swing of MF things! I know I can't change what I ate but hopefully I can learn from it and get past the next obstacle I face and I know they will come. I did order chicken soft taco's that was good considering what I normally would have gotten! :mrgreen:
tink

Postby want2Bthin » June 7th, 2005, 12:55 pm

Tink-

Sorry for the late reply. I have had a busy day! You did the right thing by coming here. I had a slip up once where I ate an entire package a cheese wheat crackers. I thought I was going to have a breakdown but then I came here and felt much better. :-P

Now you know that you do not like the way cheating makes you feel. :cry: I can honestly say since my cracker incident I have not cheated again! :shock: I do not want to feel that way again. :lol:

I was told that I may not lose as much that week and sure enough I only lost about 1/2 pound. The next week I did much better. You may have messed up your ketosis but you will be ok. I hope you son gets to feeling better soon. :D

Keep smiling! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: You are human and we all make mistakes.
Angelia 8)
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.