WHICH PLAN TO FOLLOW?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

WHICH PLAN TO FOLLOW?

Postby MISSANNE » March 22nd, 2006, 2:16 pm

Can someone help me? I don't know if I should do a full fast or the modified. I don't want to throw my body in a tizzy if I do a full fast, but would like to see results quick. (like everyone else I presume!) I'm 5'8" weigh 250 and am trying to get to 165-170.

One more question....don't laugh :oops: ....what the heck is Buillion? I hope I spelled that right. I read all the postings about people eating it for a snack. What is it?

Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Michelle
MISSANNE

Postby FORMOMMY » March 22nd, 2006, 2:25 pm

Well, from what I've read, there really isn't a difference in weight loss doing the full fast or the modified. You can do a search to see some of the older posts. I was wondering about that myself when I started on 1/23 and read a lot of the posts to see which would give me better results. The general consensus was that there wasn't a huge difference and most people preferred the 5&1 to help them once they get to maintenance to know portion control and to make good choices.

I like the 5&1 because I still like to eat "real" food and I am able to still be part of the social aspects of my life without going off program. It will be 2 months tomorrow that I've been on the plan and I've lost 27 pounds. Some have lost more; some have loss less in that same amount of time.

I guess you have to decide which is better for your lifestyle. Plus, you can do both if you want. Sometimes if I have a hectic day and I really won't have time to sit for a lean and green meal, I will do 6 MF meals....but I haven't done that too often. I like my lean and green meals and I look forward to them 8)

I hope this helped. I know others will chime in soon.
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Re: WHICH PLAN TO FOLLOW?

Postby just_julie » March 22nd, 2006, 2:34 pm

MISSANNE wrote:
One more question....don't laugh :oops: ....what the heck is Buillion? I hope I spelled that right. I read all the postings about people eating it for a snack. What is it?

Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Michelle

It's a brothy soup made from cubes or paste or a shaker type powder that you should be able to find in your soup aisle at your local grocery store.
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MISSANNE » March 22nd, 2006, 2:54 pm

Thanks for the help...I REALLY appreciate it. :lol:
MISSANNE

Postby ascicles » March 22nd, 2006, 3:22 pm

I don't think I could survive on the full fast. I just don't like the food enough to actually do that. I'm not saying it's bad, but I am saying that I would get really annoyed if that was the only thing I could eat.

With the lean and green, I have that to look forward to everyday. The most shocking thing is learning how much food you actually get on that. Over the years, I've been shoveling fatty foods into my body, and the portions are similar in size to what I eat on my lean and green.

It's nice to have a full meal to look forward to everyday.
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Dayna » March 22nd, 2006, 7:57 pm

Since there's not much difference between the two programs as far as rate of loss goes, it seems to me that it's more a more an issue of behavioral choices. I've read posts from some people who needed to remove themselves as far from "real food" as possible, to avoid binging/cheating and give themselves a chance to kind of reprogram, and so the full fast was a good choice for them. For me, the opportunity to share a meal with my husband, as well as the knowledge that I've got a "substantial" meal coming up (in those moments when the shakes seem a little puny :mrgreen: ) are some of the reasons I'm glad to be on the 5&1. Also, this is helping me practice for maintenance; I'm learning to enjoy lots of veggies and lean sources of protien that aren't smothered in sauces.

One thing to keep in mind: if you decide to do the full fast, you must be closely monitored by your doctor.

But whatever you chose, you won't regret it! This program WORKS. You'll lose weight, you'll feel great. What could be better??!!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » March 22nd, 2006, 9:24 pm

Personally, I DEFINITELY do the 5 & 1 to retrain and test myself. I am modifying 20 years of behavior (bad behavior!!!) Since there's a negligable difference between the two programs, I'd just assume not go see my doctor once a month! You have to be WELL monitored on the complete plan.

Also, I like learning portion control, and testing myself. I consider my choices for my L & G my training for maintenance and the rest of my life. I prove to myself daily that I can make good choices and stay compliant, even in restaurants.

Hope this helps!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.