What is it today

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

What is it today

Postby falisamarie » February 14th, 2006, 1:46 pm

I don't know what it is today but for some reason I want to eat "bad" foods. I am craving fried food big time. I even had some errands to run that I am having my daughter do because I am afraid to drive past the fast food restraunts. Pretty pitiful huh? It is not hunger and I know that and I know that I am making my hubby his favorite for dinner (country fried steak with mushroom gravy and mashed potatos and peas) but that doesn't even tempt me. I really want Long John Silvers. I know I can get through this time. I guess I just needed to jot my feelings down as a way of acknowledging and dealing with them.

I guess there is really no point to this post. Sorry for rambling.

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 14th, 2006, 1:50 pm

Hey there Lisa! I think it's great that you post how you're feeling. Hey, whatever works right???? You're doing great! I so admire that you've gone more that FOUR WEEKS without one single non-program moment!!! You are Da Bomb baby!!!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lauren » February 14th, 2006, 1:59 pm

Hey, Lisa-

I haven't ever had Long John Silvers, but I understand the "bad food" cravings. My cravings have changed almost weekly, starting with fruit (yes, I totally crave fruit!!), and moving to cheese, and now all things pasta/noodle. This is truly a mind over matter situation, and you have to acknowledge it, laugh at it, reign over it, and then do something to change it up.

Sometimes you may just be having a hungry day, for whatever reason. If that's the case, some MF crackers, or a couple pickles may help. Or, if you know you're not hungry, and it's totally in your mind, play the clock game. I will literally look at the clock and tell myself just to get through the next 30 minutes. Push through the next 30 minutes, and then reevaluate. I then begin a new activity, totally unrelated to eating - try cleaning out your closet or drawers - it keeps your hands busy. IF you think to look at the clock at the 30minute mark, then congratulate yourself, and tell yourself to do another 30 minutes. Usually, within an hour, your overwhelming desire will pass. You'll still have an inkling of a craving, but you won't feel dangerously on the edge.

Continue to pay attention to the parts of your body that you see change - positive results will help keep you on the straight line!

Good luck!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Serendipity » February 14th, 2006, 2:47 pm

Speaking of craving fruit. I have discovered:

1. Celestial seasoning Black Cherry tea.
2. Clelstial seasoning Cranberry Apple Zinger.
3. Ice Breakers Sugar Free Sours - Pink Lemonade-Apple-Tangerine- and watermelon flavors. Just one and I feel like I've had fruit.

I never liked flavored tea before MF, but now I look forward to a tea break every day. For a real treat, I have a Chocolate Divine bar with the cherry tea for a chocolate covered cherry.....yummy.

Hang in there Lisa. Maybe you should treat yourself to some seafood (on plan) since you were strong enough to skip the LJS. :lol:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Soon2bFitSonja » February 14th, 2006, 3:22 pm

Lisa:

Don't let those food demons :twisted: get to you. It is normal to have cravings. Heck, most of us have been in the habit of eating foods (comfort) not so good for us. It's hard to break habits. Just focus on what you can eat as opposed to what you can't. Have a yummy bar or a SF drink. Like Nancy says, "NOTHING TASTE BETTER THEN THIN FEELS"

You will get through this and be happy :D you had a alternative MF food.

Hang in there you are doing greaaaaaaaaat!

Start Date: April 4, 2006
173.6/???/134
Soon2bFitSonja
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room