What to do...........?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

What to do...........?

Postby Pati2400 » June 24th, 2005, 11:30 am

I'm seriously considering Medifast-have tried everything else. Can anyone share about when they made the decision and how they found out about Medifast as well as what their experience was? I'm really interested but have failed so many times....I have 60 lbs to lose. How do-able is this program ...........?
Thanks.............Pati
Pati2400

Postby kassilou » June 24th, 2005, 12:06 pm

Hi, Pati.

First of all, this program is very doable. Open a packet, shake it, drink it. There are a lot of products to choose from, so you will no doubt find some that you like. Lots of ideas in the Lean Cuisine section for spicin' up the products, too.

I found MF this past January. I, too, was looking for something doable. I was DESPERATE. I was considering a local weight loss center that had an online option. Then I made an appt through the local hospital's weight management program to go find out about Optifast. Somehow, while searching through the internet, probably googling "optifast", I found the TSFL site. I ended up ordering, telling myself that I could do this for a month, no matter how bad the stuff tasted.

I started the day my package arrived (I'd decided to drink liquids that day in hope that the box would arrive). I found this site the same day...signed up and have been coming here ever since. I think having this forum has made all the difference for me. I like the forum better than going to a meeting each week (yep, BTDT) because I can come here whenever I need to. If I have a question I can post it anytime.

I haven't seriously dieted (meaing for more than a month) in *gulp* 20 years. I just couldn't stick to anything. Next week will be 5 months for me. I'd like to have taken off more weight in that time :D , but I'm feeling good, looking better, and getting more healthy every day.

Hope my experience is of some help to you in making your decision. We're all here for ya if you decide to try it out!
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

WOW!

Postby Pati2400 » June 24th, 2005, 12:40 pm

Okay- since posting, what, HOURS ago, I have been all over this forum. What a fabulous group of motivating people who obviously care a great deal about each other and help each other stick to their dreams! And your reply is most welcome. How do I get this stuff............call Nancy or go to MF website?
Pati2400

Postby 24KaratGold » June 24th, 2005, 12:58 pm

Call 1-800-621-1927. That will get you in touch with a member of Nancy's team (Nancy's out of town right now), and they will get you started!

Congratulations on making the decision. This is SO worth it!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Dean0408 » June 24th, 2005, 1:10 pm

I am glad you made the decision to start now. Many, many people wish they had started with just 60 pounds to lose. Waiting too long usually means many more pounds to shed. Congratulations on taking that first step to stopping additional weight and losing the extra that has already hitched a ride on your thin inner self.

Medifast is most certainly the way to go. Just as when you decide on a car you want, the second decision is which dealership to buy it from. 24K has given you the abolute BEST dealership to buy your Medifast car from.........always look at how good the service department is when you buy a car. The same goes for deciding which Medifast "dealer" to use.

Nancy and her group will take good care of you, handle any and all questions or concerns, give you great advice and walk you through your journey to a new you.

The product works if you let it. Be determined to succeed and you will.

Congratulations again on your life changing decision to give Medifast the chance to make you smaller.

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Pati2400 » June 24th, 2005, 2:11 pm

Every time I read a posting I become more sure of the fact that this is a good decision. Believe me, I've made enuff bum ones when it comes to diets!I could open a store with what I have tried and failed at. A few questions if someone has the time...

Based on your experience, what do you suggest for the first order?
(There is not much I don't like, fortunately) I plan to order a full month and I'm on my way to WallyWorld for a Magic Bullet. After all I've read, I'm terrified they won't have one!

People are so used to me starting and failing diets, I am a bit nervous about going to work or hitting my family with another "great idea" in tow. I can see from the forums that I'm not alone. Everyone here seems to have struggled with other diets before. How do you all get and stay motivated? ---I always assumed MF was stark and rather drastic. It doesn't have the Big News Press that other programs have. I want to lose wight as fast as possible but I don't want to regain it if I have a dinner out now and then. Is this for life? Can I ever go out to a resteraunt with friends again? I guess maybe I'm scared to fail again...............
Pati2400

Postby Unca_Tim » June 24th, 2005, 2:42 pm

Hi Pati and welcome to the forum,
I'm in between meetings at our annual "Take Shape for Life" convention in Utah right now, but just wanted to give you a quick hello and a little info.

The price is the same through the Medifast site or any TSFL site, but wherever you order, get a promo code for a discount BEFORE you place your order. Right now it's $25 off any order over $75, or a big discount of nearly $80 off one of the 1 month starter kits. That's one week of food free. Company policy doesn't allow us to post the promo codes publicly, which is a good idea because it's better if you talk to a health advisor first to fill you in on all the info you need and help choose a plan and products for you.

Unfortunately you chose a time when ALL our health advisors are at this convention now. You can try the 800 number at the top of this page, and may get a health advisor, if she's not in a meeting or workshop right now. If you don't get through, leave a voice msg with a time and phone number to get through to you, and one of our health advisors will get back to you ASAP.

You can also email me directly anywhere on the MakeMeThinner website with any questions, anytime, and i'll get back ASAP or direct it on to anyone you may want to talk to.

Once you get familiar with our program, you'll find you have free access to nurses and doctors and many other features and services, if you should ever need.

Gotta run for now, but just send me an email or give us a call when you can and we'll get back when we can.

It's VERY rare when we're all away like this, so please accept my apolgies, if we're not quite as timely as we like to be.

Welcome to the MMT family....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Pati2400 » June 24th, 2005, 3:20 pm

Well-I'm really impressed now. I know how hectic and engaging Conventions are and am overwhelmed with wonder you are monitoring the Forums and so quick to resond. I will get back with you tomorrow and place my first orderand contact your email. Meanwhile, I am having so much fun reading about and getting to know my future Best Friends. What amazing and wonderful people are in this group of MFsters! I look forward to joining them and sharing in their succuss stories! Hopefully, I will have one too............
Pati2400

Postby DonicaB » June 24th, 2005, 5:00 pm

Pati2400 wrote:People are so used to me starting and failing diets, I am a bit nervous about going to work or hitting my family with another "great idea" in tow. ............... I guess maybe I'm scared to fail again...............

Pati~~This was exactly how I felt when I started. I was so worried about what everyone else was going to think..........Oh, there she goes again........she won't stick to this either..........why does she even try. That was what I imagined all of my friends and family were saying behind my back :secret: ........Then I found this forum, and everything changed for me. I no longer cared what they thought because I'm not doing this for them.........I am doing it for me. :yay: I'm still a little afraid that I will fail......probably because I have had some very rough times sticking to it.......but so far I have been able to get back to it and regain my motivation. I honestly don't believe that I could have done it without the great people here on this forum. :goteam:

We are so glad you have made the decision to join us and to begin your journey to a new and improved YOU. :yes: I am looking forward to sharing with you and cheering you on. :cheermed:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » June 24th, 2005, 6:04 pm

I understand your reluctance to tell people, too. My weight's gone up and down like crazy over the years because of dieting. My plan: I told the people I HAD to tell (people who saw me with a shake or bar, my brother, my cousin who's more like a sister) and am not saying a word to other people. When they see me shrinking and ask what's up, I'll tell them.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » June 25th, 2005, 8:41 am

I just had a long talk with my husband. I have never discussed any of the other programs I have started and dropped. He has never complained of the endless streams of books, products, pills, plans and diet food cluttering up our lives, house and cabinets as well as the expense of fostering the latest diet fad.

I told him flat out: "I will need your help. I need your complete support and your commitment that I will become the family project over the next few months, if necessary, so I can stay on task and be successful." He said" Go for it, we'll all help you any way you can". (of course he is one of those people who eats junk constantly and never gains a pound!)

I have just gone through 2 years with a sister I have had to provide care for who has lived without taking care of herself and her diabetes her whole life. Consequently, she is only 58 and in a nursing home, her uncontrolled diabetes (which runs heavy in my family) has resulted in total insulin dependence, the loss of her right leg, 8 hours of dialysis 3 times a week, and possibly the loss of her life. This has scared me and my family so avoiding this in my own life is my cause.

I do not have diabetes yet but my doctor says this is what I have in store if I do not get the weight off, the excersise going and seriously commit to a lifestyle change.

I have gotten caught up in the vanity thing of being overweight. Maybe not really taking it seriously enough to push myself to deal with the inconvenience of taking control of my lifestyle. There is always tomorrow, right? Well, tomorrow is and I am finally ready to get moving in the right direction. Thanks in no small part to you guys...........

You Forum members, with your personal experiences, struggles, honesty and determination have made me see just what it is I am really getting into. I think I have read over 200 postings in the past 24 hours. Many of you have had to do it alone or without the support of family and friends. Where it is so much easier to give up, you have pushed forward for your selves and created your own victory.

You all have shown me it's really about purposfully deciding to move one's life forward and live life like we mean it. I know now that I can do this.

Thank you all.....I'll see you on the weightloss forum. I hope I can somehow return something of what you have already given me.

Postby Emma » June 25th, 2005, 9:00 am

Patti2400

Welcome to the Medifast family. I'm lucky that I have my husband's support in this journey too. I too have had a house cluttered with diet books, pills, foods, etc. I wish I had found MF sooner, but better late than too late. The people on this forum are remarkable - I attest my 5+ weeks of success so far to the support and caring of everyone on this board.

I look forward to sharing your success with you.

emma
ps. be sure to register on the forum, your last post came up guest - we want to make sure we know who you are.
:D
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Thanks Emma

Postby Pati2400 » June 25th, 2005, 11:23 am

I registered yesterday and forgot to "login" today.

I'm trying to get my order in today but the Coventiion is keeping everyone pretty tied up. They'll get around to me when they can.....

I think this is very odd..... there are so many "experienced dieters" on these forums and I have read surprisingly little whining about the food and the program. On other programs, that's about all I ever heard. This must be significantly different.

I'm not trying to be overly optimistic, but the results must be pretty quick and consistent. I have visions of a svelte Pati by Christmas but I'm afraid to believe. Is it really this simple and effective?
Pati2400

Re: Thanks Emma

Postby want2Bthin » June 25th, 2005, 11:32 am

Pati2400 wrote:I think this is very odd..... there are so many "experienced dieters" on these forums and I have read surprisingly little whining about the food and the program. On other programs, that's about all I ever heard. This must be significantly different.

Pati- I can't speak for everyone but I love the MF products! :thumbup: As a matter of fact when I get to my goal I intend to continue using some of the supps throughout the day. I think this program works so well because you start to think of food as fuel not as a source of entertainment.

You will love this forum & all the friends you make here.

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » June 25th, 2005, 12:37 pm

I plan on using some of them afterward, too. I've been very pleasantly surprised at how easy it's been so far. I lose more slowly than most folks here, but considering last time I tried Weight Watchers, I actually GAINED 5 pounds, I'm happy. I don't miss food nearly as much as I thought I would (although I'm on the 5/1 plan; I don't know if I could handle no food at all and just 6 Medi-foods a day for more than a day or two).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Next

Return to Come on in.