What have I done?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

What have I done?

Postby want2Bthin » May 5th, 2005, 11:31 am

What did I just do!!!! I have been on the program since March 10th and I have been 100% compliant.

I just messed up!!! I ate a pack of wheat crackers with 22 grams of carbs. Why did I do that? I feel very sad :cry: now. Why would I eat that. I have done so good on this program! I wasn't even hungry. My hubby is not home so I couldn't talk to him before I ate it. Gosh, I am freaking out here. I can't afford to screw this up. I have to keep going.

Guys, I really need your help.

Angelia :cry: :?
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Principessa » May 5th, 2005, 11:44 am

You have been 100% compliant for almost TWO MONTHS! That is just fabulous. And all you had was a packet a wheat crackers? Just get back on plan. TODAY! Be sure to get in all of your packets. You might have messed up your ketosis a little bit... but with such a small MF slip in the grand scheme of things your slip can't take too long to remedy. How long can it possibly take for your body to process those carbs? You still fine. Better than fine, you're doing GREAT! Just keep plugging along and let this go before you drive yourself crazy over a packet of wheat crackers.

In the past, in getting to you starting weight, would you have EVER chastised yourself for over indulging in WHEAT CRACKERS? Let it go. You're human honey... you messed up... and you're strong. You can here immediately, and you haven't left your plan. You rock!
Mary

31yo. 4'11"
Start Date 4/4/05
BMI: 36.4/32.4/23.2
Principessa
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » May 5th, 2005, 11:48 am

Angelia! You already did the FIRST good thing -- you came here for help instead of diving into something else, figuring "oh what the heck, I've blown it so I might as well eat ___________."

Okay, you did it. Forget about it now. Go drink some water, and just get back onto the program RIGHT NOW. You might or might not have messed up your ketosis -- the number of carbs in the medifast multi-grain crackers is 11 per serving, and we are allowed one of those as an 'extra' snack during the day in addition to our medifast meals and lean and green.

If it were me, I would try to choose the lower carb versions of my medimeals for the rest of the day. For example, if you haven't already had a bar today, see if you can replace it with a shake or another one of the items that is lower carb (the bar is the highest carb food of all the medifast supplements, I think). If you can choose the lower carb stuff, odds are you won't even have messed up your ketosis.

Then, like I said, just forget about it. It's over and done with, and there's nothing you can do to un-do it, so forget about it. The future is that way:
---------------------> so just look that way and move into it.

And remember, you didn't lose complete control -- you stopped and you came here looking for help. Get right back on it and the scale on Sunday will never notice.

Good luck.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 5th, 2005, 12:16 pm

Mary & 24K..........EXCELLANT ADVICE and ENCOURAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!......wow
Want tobethin.......... :hug: :hug: :hug: ............your still doing great.. :yes: ......don't allow that one negative to blossom.......YOU WILL MAKE IT TO GOAL & there will be many bumps in the road.......but isn't it the bumps we learn from?........ :huh: ......
keep shaking.......
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby want2Bthin » May 5th, 2005, 3:32 pm

Thank you Mary, 24K, & Donna-

You all are very sweet and full of encouragement. I have had several hours to reflect and pray about my mistake. I am feeling better now.

I will not let this little stumble stop me. I will proceed forward and put this behind me. You are right Donna, we learn from the bumps in the road. I am going to write about this in my journal and put just how bad it made me feel.

24K, I am following your advice on the lower carbs the rest of the day. I had my protein for my lean and green but left out the "green" for today. That should save me about 10 carbs.

Mary, I am human and I messed up for sure. I will just pick myself back up and move on.

Ladies I aprreciate your help. I truely needed it.

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin

Postby LilMsTexas » May 5th, 2005, 6:53 pm

Hey girlie.....what's up? Your spirits lifted yet? I sure hope so. I know this slip is going to be more emotionally taxing than physically taxing. I don't recall now that I am writing this who said it...but it was the best statement....before now you would have NEVER thought twice about eating a little packet of WHEAT CRACKERS 8) That is SO true. Do you realize the strides you have made in your processing of ideas and situations? You are growing and recognizing your patterns now. You are determined and thoughtful about your process. Today was a detour but not a dead end........that is the glory of it all!

When I ate those bites of biscuit at the Cracker Barrell I was asking myself the same questions. Everyone came to my side and assured me I was ahead of the game and doing well because I hadn't shoved the whole dang biscuit in my face :shock: And it's true. I was a different person at the table that day. Today I was at Cracker Barrell with my co-workers and there were TWO FULL PLATES of biscuit and muffins on the table...I didn't even have a smidge!! I was simply thinking of how I felt when I had the sample last time. This is what will happen to you when you reach for crackers again...or whatever else it is that temps you.

Now.....Let me say this to you and everyone else who is reading tonight. I had to remove 3 children from their mother today because she can't give up crack cocaine. It has been a horendous day full of high crisis situations..one right after the other. Then I went to Curves and people were complaining about traffic and their husbands and just whatever else. Dear friends we are lucky tonight to be in our homes and with our families. We all have an addiction to something!! We just have to put one foot in front of the other and learn to JUST SAY NO~! I just can't say this enough. We are better today that yesterday and not near as great as we will be tomorrow or the next day. We are in ACTION!!

I thank God for all of you. Even on weeks like this one when I am reading more than I am writing, I am still thinking of you and gaining encouragement from all of you.

Angelia...today is over. You were successful today because you realized your mistake and have recommitted to tomorrow. Go to bed and have sweet dreams tonight. See that you are a winner in the same way that we do.

Love and hugs,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 5th, 2005, 7:28 pm

...Christi...........thank God your back....I was really missing you.....although I know it was your tougher week at work...........none the less you were missed........... :hug: ...and isn't it sad how an addiction can be so strong that our own children who we love so much can't even be enough of a reason to quit.....she needs many prayers............
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby doglover » May 6th, 2005, 12:00 am

Christi- what can I say- you are awesome gal. My prayers to your client as well.
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby want2Bthin » May 6th, 2005, 6:32 am

Christi-

You are such a sweet gal. I am sorry you had to go through that yesterday. God knows you are strong enough to handle your job, that's why He chose you to do your line of work.

Thanks for your support.

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin

Postby DonicaB » May 6th, 2005, 6:57 am

Angelia~~ I'm sorry I missed your post yesterday. Everyone has already said what I would have said so I won't repeat it, just know that I am thinking about you and sending encouraging thoughts your way.

Christi!~I know that it had to have been difficult for you to remove those children from their home, just know that you did the right thing. My husband is a JO (Juvenile Officer) and has to deal with the same situations day in and day out. It is emotionaly draining and can take its toll. I will be praying for you and the families you deal with.

Gals~~~all of you are sooooooo wonderful. :hug: I just get happy every time I come here and read, or write. I find myself whistling even as I walk down the hallway at school. Speaking of school, nearly all of my classes are gone on field trips today (except my 5th hour lunch class, darn it) so I am catching up on grading papers and sneaking a peek here as often as I can.

Have a great day!

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Tk » May 6th, 2005, 9:17 am

Christi;

I am a newbie hear and already Love Ya Man! What a post!! I pray for the mom that lost her children and pray for the children that lost their mother. Hopefully someday they can come together again.

This support system is a wonderful place to be. I am glad that I found it.

Want2bethin, you messed up with crakers, I had a donut today!! Yikes!!! Now, that is done and over with. I need to move on. I can't look back.
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room