what does a 5 oz chicken breast look like

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

what does a 5 oz chicken breast look like

Postby krandle » May 19th, 2005, 5:53 am

I mean i really don't know. How does 5 oz of chicken look? I mean i only lost 3.5 pounds this week. And this is week five. Could i be over doing it.
krandle
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby bk » May 19th, 2005, 6:35 am

About 1" high and around the size of a deck of cards.

But 3.5 pounds is AWESOME!!! You cannot expect to have the same losses you did the first week of the program. Basically *everyone* should forget the first week ever happened to them and look at that amazing average!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » May 19th, 2005, 7:09 am

Krandle...another way to kind of look at 5 oz. is it fits in your hand minus your fingers...that's about the size of 5 oz....unless of course you have really big hands :byebye:
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » May 19th, 2005, 10:47 am

Krandle ~ a 3.5 pound weekly loss is very good – Holy cow! that's an average of half a pounder per day.

Johns Hopkins clinicals show 2-5 pounds per week as the average weight loss for people on the 5 and 1 program...whaddya want here - we could gather the team and come over there and surgically lop some of that off for ya.

I was on the weight loss program 7 months, on transition for another month and a half...if it had taken me two years to get it off, I would have been thankful for every ounce a day that was going in the right direction.

:x It is not fair that 3.5 pounds can appear on the hips overnight and it takes 10 days to come off but that's the way it is...you're losing it faster than with any other program available.

One shake at a time...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby krandle » May 19th, 2005, 11:19 am

LOL yes Nancy lop it off PLEASE. That is cute. I never looked at it that way. One day to put it on and 10 to take it off. So unfair.

BUT thanks ladies i have a good idea what to do now.
Bye :D
krandle

Postby Nancy » May 19th, 2005, 11:27 am

Okay, Krandle, we'll gather the lardage loppers and be on our way to your town soon...just gotta get in line for some hip and thigh flab removal here at the MakeMeThinner Cottage first...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby krandle » May 19th, 2005, 4:35 pm

Thats funny. If only it were that simple.
krandle

3.5 LBS.....

Postby sarak » May 31st, 2005, 5:21 pm

Hi there! New to MF but I've been lurking at the posts for a few days. But if 3.5 lbs doesnt seem like much to some, next time you are in the grocery store, lift those 3 lb bags of onions!! Sure its not a 5 lb bag of sugar but its not a bag of marshmallows either :lol: . I'll be posting here weekly ( or so) as soon as my box of MF goodies arrive :D .
sarak

Postby krandle » May 31st, 2005, 7:59 pm

hi sarak
Welcome aboard. Three pounds is better than nothing.
krandle

Postby Nancy » May 31st, 2005, 8:53 pm

Hey there, Sarak - great comparison! Hauling around a bag of onions or 14 cubes of butter = 3.5 pounds!

Your order will be on your porch soon - it's great that you are reading up on everything and getting ready for your thinnin' process to begin.

Your :shades: summer will be so much cooler and happier!

Welcome to you! :byebye:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

5 oz chicken

Postby kimalexrn » June 9th, 2005, 7:54 am

I AM SO GLAD :D THAT SOMEONE ASKED AND ANSWERED THAT QUESTION. I HAVE NEVER MEASURED MY MEAT, I JUST ASSUMED THAT THE AMOUNT I ATE WAS CORRECT. THE PALM OF MY HAND WILL BE WHAT I GO BY FROM NOW ON. AFTER READING THIS POST I REALIZED I'VE BEEN EATING A LITTLE TOO MUCH MEAT :x . MAYBE THIS IS WHY MY PROGRESS HAS BEEN A LITTLE SLOWER LATELY. :(

THANKS EVERYONE IN THE "MF FAMILY"
KIM
Kim

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5Thil4/]
[/url]

Started MF 5/09/05
250/200/170
Started AGAIN 07/15/08
249/200/160
kimalexrn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » June 9th, 2005, 8:21 am

Personally I prefer to actually haul out the old postage meter and weigh the meat.

I have honkin' size hands...a hunk of meat the size of my hanny would be a lot bigger than a piece of meat the size of my sister-in-law's patty cake palm...think about how thick it is.

Once a person has weighed and measured for a while, then you're safer to eye-ball it. Typically people who get sloppy with measuring their salad dressing, salad or vegetable servings or stop weighing their meat, stop counting their water, etc. slow their weight progress. It can happen very subtly and then they wonder what happened.

That's sorrta the scenario for how I got bigger every time I went off a 'diet.'

I looked at it as a temporary thing, a phase I was going through, never quite made it to my goal, got sort of puffed up about looking better and then I started to gradually eat more and more - a little here and a little there and POOF! The Fat Fairy visited me and left me at 265 pounds! I need to run a tight ship to keep me within the bounds of Thinville or I would become a chubbette in a short period of time. No more wanton feeding frenzies for this former fatty – I know me all too well…
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room