What a day!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

What a day!

Postby Data_Diva » February 22nd, 2006, 11:45 am

I am having one of those days where the quote :brickwall: "I shot 3 holes in my freezer" from the Jimmy Buffet song Boat Drinks comes to mind. That darn song keeps playing in my mind. Cabin fever has definetely set in and I don't have my old habit of baking/cooking something good to wile away the hours. Not sure how many times I have snapped at my dear family members. We have an ongoing dialogue amongst all of the liveaboards here on F dock. It always starts with "Guess what its only 28 more days until the first day of spring", then proceeds on to our planned exploits for when the weather is warm. I guess it keeps us going. I know this diet works. I know I can do this. But there are some days where it almost seems unbearable. I always know I'm hitting a rough patch when I start reading cook books. Lately it has been books on BBQ. Visions of ribs and pulled pork are dancing in my head, ha ha. But that stuff will still be out there when I hit my goal. Just need to learn to channel my energy to other hobbies. Which hopefully will be easier when the weather is warm and the whole family is not confined to the spacious interior of a small sailboat. Thank you all, I just needed to vent a little.

Nicohle
Data_Diva
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 22nd, 2006, 11:52 am

Please feel free to vent anytime. Old habits die hard huh? I was at the store today looking for something to buy and then it hit me :bricks: you don't need any of this stuff!! I could not believe I was looking at all those fatty foods and thinking of buying them! Don't worry day by day we are getting closer to Spring and it will be here before you know it.

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby 2BHealthy » February 22nd, 2006, 2:22 pm

I absolutely LOVE to look at cookbooks. I read them like novels! I also love to watch the food network. I've been staying away from those things a little bit because I don't want them to trigger my hunger. It's hard though because i miss it. I can't imagine being in that small of a space with nothing to do. You are doing the right thing by posting here. Hang in there, that feeling will pass. :)
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby big ron » February 22nd, 2006, 3:33 pm

Diva
it will get better I promise the first few weeks are toughest.If you stick through that time it will become better. Vent its better than eating Ron
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.