Well, I did it...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Well, I did it...

Postby EllenFree » June 7th, 2005, 2:53 pm

Today was my first day. I had to race home and get on this support forum to avoid calling it quits. I am not one who eats anything typically before 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon so I had a hard time with the first 3 packets.

I am still in my "trial" bag from the dr. to see what I like and don't like. So far I don't like any of it. The bar was tolerable. What I have to remember is that it is no filet mignon and too many filets were my problem.

I'm sure I will get to the point where I just gulp it down and don't taste it. Tonight will be my first night home without grazing...and I am nervous. I have a few new books to read to take my mind off it.

Thanks for the support!
Ellen
Ellen
"nothing changes if nothing changes..."

EllenFree

Postby want2Bthin » June 7th, 2005, 3:04 pm

Ellen-

YOU CAN DO THIS! I believe that 100%! :mrgreen: This program will work wonders if you let it. Try adding spices to the soups or maybe extracts to the shakes. Have you tried the oatmeal? I love it! I add splenda to mine. You are right that this is not filet mignon but it is better for our bodies. Have you read "Success In a Shaker Jar." I highly recommend it. It talks in the book about treating the supps like they are medicine for your body. So it may not be your favorite but it will put you on the road to being healthly and thin. :D Let us know how tomorrow goes.

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Ron » June 7th, 2005, 4:01 pm

I will tell you that I did not care for the shakes the 1st 2 weeks. they were "doable" but not my idea of a good time. Now, into my 3rd week, I was surprised the last 2 days how refreshing the shakes were. I use my last shake of the day with a little fiber powder and make a pudding which is a real treat to end the day.
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Ron
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Emma » June 7th, 2005, 4:08 pm

The first day or so, the shakes were just "ok" to me. I think your taste buds get used to it because now I really like the shakes and find them refreshing. Using a blender with ice makes them thick like a milk shake - have you tried that?

You can do it - you're going to feel SO GOOD!

:D

emma
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby martha » June 7th, 2005, 4:47 pm

EllenFree-- I love the dutch chocolate shakes.. I have from day 1.. don't care for alot of the others but I also love the soups.. the chicken and wild riceand the chicken noodle are great.. I cook mine on top of the stove and add 1 bouillion cube and some onions.. bring it to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes.. I absolutely love them.. I have even froze the chocolate and eaten it like ice cream--it's so refreshing.. especially now that it's gotten so warm.. you will get use to the rest.. Welcome to our group and sood luck.. the bookwant2bthin talked about is great.. i bought it and the book lifestyles from Medifast. I like the lifestyles one better as it talks about every phase of Medifast.. we're here if you need us---Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby EllenFree » June 7th, 2005, 4:49 pm

Thanks for the support.

I had a pre-made shake in the box for dinner and it wasn't half bad. I think I just need to take a trip down the spice aisle.

I know this will be worth it. I just trudged through the Florida heat to take my son to Karate and I know that soon I will be comfortable crossing my legs on the tiny bleachers.

I will make it, I will do this!!!!!

Ellen
Ellen
"nothing changes if nothing changes..."

EllenFree

Postby martha » June 7th, 2005, 5:17 pm

EllenFree-- Glad you had one pre-mixed ; they are better cold and just remember to shake them up good..and I know how small those bleachers are too. :lol: You will do GREAT!! as I can tell you are determined.. that makes all the difference in the world.. hope tomorrow is better for you...if not just check back in and everyone will be here for you--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

hi there !!

Postby ThinkinThin » June 7th, 2005, 6:05 pm

I too raced home to find my MF package waiting for me. At first I didnt like the taste. I've discovered that I like them slightly chilled from the freezer, although with the 90 degree days we've had- I will make some into ice-milk ( milkfree of course). Love the caramel nut bars. Going to try the strawberry shake and chili and a few others with the next order, but might just order them this week. Didnt care for the crackers, they dont get soggy :x in my soup like I want have. Not an oatmeal eater but thanks to Nancy- I got a receipe to use them to make COOKIES !!!! hahahaha. Anyways, hangin there, let your buds get use to the tastes.
SaraK

ThinkinThin
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby suzyq » June 8th, 2005, 6:21 am

Ellen - The shakes are definitely better as you go along but here are couple of things you can try:
---add a drop of peppermint oil to the dutch chocolate
---add diet orange soda (or orange dry if you can find it) to the french vanilla (creamsicle)
---add dissolved instant coffee to either chocolate or vanilla
---LOTS of ice and a blender!

Keep reading - there are tons of great ideas here!

Definitely try the bars, soups, and oatmeals - you are bound to like some of them, everyone has their own faves.

Speaking of oatmeal, ThinkinThin - COOKIES? Now I need the recipie for those!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.