Weight up - how can that be???

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Weight up - how can that be???

Postby tikigirl » June 27th, 2005, 6:49 pm

I lost 15 # the first week, then plateaued for 5 days, lost 1#, then another, and had been plateaued again for two days.

Hopping on the scale today, I'm actually UP 2#. Absolutely NO cheating whatsoever the entire 14 days, plenty of water... How can that be???

Even after a 5 day plateau, I wasn't tempted to cheat because I kept saying to myself - on 500 - 600 calories a day, how could you NOT lose.

I know I'm obsessed with the scale, but it helps keep me motivated to see the scale on it's way down.

What happened to me ???
tikigirl

Postby want2Bthin » June 27th, 2005, 6:54 pm

Tiki-

Try to only weigh yourself once a week. Your weight can fluctuate so much from day to day. The 2 pound increase is probably just water weight & you should still have a great loss this week. You have been losing well over a pound a day. That is terrific. :D

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » June 27th, 2005, 7:33 pm

Time of the month issues?
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby mytime » June 27th, 2005, 7:52 pm

Stop and think - when was the last time you lost 15 pounds in one week ? I mean without drinking the water accidently in a third world country ? Now very easy for me to say - I own 100% that I am brand new and have no clue but ... In my best guess your body is checking itself. The other thing, is that from what I have read another bonus of MF is that our monthly cycles get regulated. There is no demon meaner than hormones when it comes to weight loss and I have the first 50 I have to get rid of to thank hormones (oh yeah and my overeating) for. Stay on program - you have done great and think about the big or little picture. You are well on your way and time + MF will get you there. HANG TOUGH - and TRUST THE PROCESS - YOU AND YOUR BODY CAN DO THIS - It is not MAGIC it is SCIENCE. Hope this wasn't too rough a reply - I get passionate when hungry - but really give yourself and your body a chance - and keep posting - it helps, Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby LeeannNH » June 27th, 2005, 8:29 pm

hey tiki

i was actually crusing around on here and getting ready to post a very similar subject. i gained 1.5# since yesterday and freaked out. i guess this happens to everyone. im gonna stick with weighing in once a week and hopefully that will end my torture!

we can do this girl! i believe it! :D :D

you have a good rest of the night and hang in there and know im right there with ya
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby Dean0408 » June 27th, 2005, 9:02 pm

Make sure you weigh at the same time each day that you weigh. First thing in the morning is the time.

Everyone's weight changes as the day goes on. It is very common to weigh 2 pounds or so more in the afternoon than you weighed in the morning........this is true for thin people as well as heavy people......on diets or not on diets........it is just the nature of things. It happens to me.........it happens to my wife.......it happens to most everyone.

Don't worry about little fluctuations of a pound or two.......when weighing later on in the day.........they are normal.

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » June 29th, 2005, 4:25 pm

Please. I can weigh when I get up, then visit the potty and weigh again ... and be UP a pound. Fluctuations are VERY common.

And yes, I'm scale-obsessed. The thing is, what if I only weigh once a week, and that one time happens to be the time that I'm up that pound? If I weigh every day, I know that if I'm up one day it's just a fluctuation. If I haven't weighed in a week, I don't know that I haven't gained a pound.

I see nothing wrong with weighing every day IF you watch patterns and don't freak out every time the scale shows a higher number.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room