Venison???

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Venison???

Postby smiller » September 13th, 2005, 7:17 am

Can you have venison as your lean and green and if so, does it count as 5 or 7 oz? Thanks. Any other info on wild meats would be helpful too...
Keep looking up, blessings on you, Sheila M.
Psalm 40

Restart 11/2/05
238.8/228.2/175

smiller
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » October 14th, 2005, 8:46 am

:oops: Sorry that I missed your question here, Smiller. I just came upon it this morning.

I did reply to your inquiry in your other post about venison and jerky but here ya go in case someone else does a search for this topic.

After looking at the nutritional profile of venison I would recommend treating it as red meat and have about a 5 ounce serving of venison.
When preparing the meat to be cooked, select the leanest portion remove as much fat as possible and grill, broil or prepare without additional fat. Weigh the meat after cooking to be sure that you get a full 5 ounce serving.

Every once in a while a newbie will inquire about the lean portion size and it is surprising how much the weight changes when the raw meat, fish or poultry is cooked - we want to be sure that you get the full amount of protein needed. :scratch: Hmmm...I just thought of something here...since the cooked meat weighs less than the raw portion, maybe we would weigh less after cooking! Hah! :wave:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss