Vacation was FUN ! I am starting anew today!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Vacation was FUN ! I am starting anew today!

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » July 11th, 2005, 4:13 pm

I had an awesome time in Texas and then in the beautiful mountains of Estes Park, Colorado!!
I also made the choice to totally go off plan while I was away for 17 days and by doing so, I naturally gained weight!
I ate pretty much everything I was craving and more, and I am glad to say I am ready and happy to start back on plan again as of this morning.
I won't say it was the smartest choice I ever made, but I will say I enjoyed myself but know that it is not something I will do again!
I am here to be honest and tell you that I chose to eat like I didn't have a problem with food during this period and therefore have gained 14.5 pounds and am at 229 as of this morning.
Now let me tell those of you coming upon maintenance, this wasn't anything to do with choosing to eat the right foods, in the correct proportions, but my own choice to eat lots of things thst tasted really good but were really bad for me. So please don't think you can't maintain when you go back to eating low calorie planned meals.
I made my choice to do what I did and I am now making the choice to be compliant!! Honestly my body WAS TIRED OF ALL THE JUNK!
Just wanted to be truthful with all of you and not pretend as if I was still losing.
I am back on plan and 49 pounds away from my goal.
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby martha » July 11th, 2005, 6:03 pm

Mary--

Welcome back and I am soo glad you had a great time on vacation.. Thank you for being honest with us.. that's one of the things I love about this forum and all of the people on it-- you don't have to hide anything from us :D .. you have done AWESOME and took a little break and am now ready to restart again.. your body probably needed this break.. you have kicked your body into the burn the fat mode again I am sure and thats a good thing.. another thing is you realize that you overate and needed to rethink your way of eating.. that's really good. I couldn't do it the last time till alot of the weight was back .. its hard to admit there's a problem with food.. it's an addiction just like drugs(it was my drugs of choice) but not anymore.. Thanks again for being soo honest about your weight gain and the fact that on maintenance if followed right this won't happen.. I always worry about that :mrgreen: You are an inspiration to me and will continue to be.. 49# to goal--that sounds so sweet.. I can hardly wait till then--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » July 11th, 2005, 6:15 pm

Hey Mary..........welcome home lady bug! I'm so glad you had an awesome vacation. I'm aching to go back to Texas like crazy right now. So I'm glad you're home and back with us and now we get to have all the fun of watching you get to goal!! yipppeeeeee I hope to see you in October.
Hugs,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby mytime » July 11th, 2005, 7:48 pm

Mssrl, thank you for being so open. For me atleast food is always going to be a challenge. Sharing that maintanence is possible - as is returning to program makes MF part of a life process not a short term solution. You keep us all honet. I am really glad you had a great time on your vacation. Welcome home. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby dlr2424 » July 12th, 2005, 1:57 pm

Mary..... :D ......welcome home and welcome back to the MF weight loss train...... :drive: ......so glad you enjoyed your vacation....... :yes: .........
Donna.....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » July 12th, 2005, 4:06 pm

Mary, welcome back and thanks for sharing with us your eating "off" plan as it was. I think 14 doesn't sound too bad considering you let yourself be a foodie again. LOL! The miracle of Medifast is that when you gain you NOW KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF IT! Just knowing that the program is PROVEN and that it works gives us light at the end of the tunnel.

We are taking a 6 day trip in early August and my mind is already trying to develop a "plan" for what to do, what to bring, there will be lots of eating out as we will be staying in a hotel with no kitchen. But I certainly want to incorporate as much MF as I can (DH too, he is on the plan with me!) We have a very busy wedding weekend coming up this weekend (with travel included, so we will be away from home for 5 days but staying with relatives and easy access to a kitchen, etc.) and we have spent a while at the dinner table discussing our PLAN and what we are going to do. I think we have decided to include MF as much as possible with making an exception for the wedding day. I will eat cake and not feel bad about it! But come Monday we are back ON plan!

Anyway, sorry this is so long and a lot about ME but I just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this with us. I really appreciate it!
Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby martha » July 12th, 2005, 6:38 pm

SHEILA---

Hubby and I took a 10 day trip to Branson in June and we packed an ice chest with each if us a shake premade in it along with some water,, we had a shake before we left and that way the ones in the chest were good and cold and thick when it was time for them.. then we made another one and returned it to the chest for the next time.. it worked out great and we always had a cold shake and ice water to drink.. we also ate out everydayand it was soo nice.. the 1st time ever that i didn't cook on vacation.. we ordered our lean and green each day and took sf hard candies to suck on where ever we were..Enjoy the wedding this weekend..isn't it nice to have your hubby doing this with you.. it has really kept me going on the right path even though he is at goal already..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby suzyq » July 14th, 2005, 12:55 pm

Welcome back Mary! I was wondering where you were - must have missed the pre-vacation post - but you are such an inspiration to all! Hope your transition back to Medifastland is a smooth one!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room