Under the surface

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Under the surface

Postby Carrie » March 15th, 2006, 10:36 am

Well after several fits and starts I am back on program, on day 3…………

And I need to get something off my chest.

This eating……it’s all in my head. What I am thinking is directly represented in what I am eating. I lost a good chunk of weight and kept it off for well over a year. Then I had a health problem that scared the stuffing out of me, and I let myself regress to eating for comfort. The scale creeped up. Time passed, I had the surgery, everything’s fine now, except that I let complacency rule my mind for a few months and the scale creeped up some more. That snowballed into tiny murmurs of unrest and dissatisfaction in my head. I CHOSE to cover them up with more food. And the scale creeped up yet more. I finally decided to get real and came out of denial to realize that I have been eating to cover up all my feelings – just like I did for so many years. And my old negative thought patterns were back, beating me down every day.

Midway through day 1, the emotions started bubbling up in me and I had panicky feelings, and I wanted to cover them with food. I felt despair, pity, anger, fear, etc etc. And it ain’t pleasant. But it won’t kill me, or hurt me to feel them, and EATING WILL. Thinking negatively is a recipe for failure. Attitude is CRUCIAL on this program.

I gave up my life to being fat for many many years before I took it back and actually started living it. I refuse to give it away again.

Most of us overeat for subconscious reasons, and we have GOT to dig them out and throw them away to make lasting change.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 15th, 2006, 1:24 pm

Hiya Carrie,
:wave:

Great to see you again....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Gwenski » March 15th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Carrie-

Welcome back and thank you for sharing. Some mighty powerful and awfully honest stuff there. You are great and while it takes a while to get to the roots, you have done the ground work to dig yourself out.

I see a whole lot of hard work and sucess in your future. Food is nothing more than a mask and drug of choice. Once we start looking at it differently, we can treat it differently and then we can learn to cope and react without the crutch of food which so does not make it better.

Well said Carrie!
:mrgreen:
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Drama Queen » March 15th, 2006, 3:07 pm

Welcome Back Carrie,

You are a very wise woman. Food has always been my crutch but with MF I'm finally feeling myself in control again. I'm glad you have joined us on this amazing journey to good health and thinness!! I look forward to reading more of your posts!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Marseilles » March 15th, 2006, 3:53 pm

Look out world, here she comes!

Hiya Chiclet, you know how much I have missed you! Start posting lots on the board again, its a tremendous boost as you well know. Stay on tract and you know what happens if you dont.

Cheering for you bunches Carrie!
-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Re: Under the surface

Postby Dayna » March 15th, 2006, 6:09 pm

Carrie wrote:I felt despair, pity, anger, fear, etc etc. And it ain’t pleasant. But it won’t kill me, or hurt me to feel them, and EATING WILL.

Wow. I'd never quite thought of it like that before. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna

Postby Nicki » March 15th, 2006, 6:32 pm

Wow, that was a powerful post! Thank you for reminding us all how important attitude is on this program. And your reference to "taking back" your life definitely strikes a chord with me. Thank you!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Trixie » March 15th, 2006, 9:14 pm

Thanks for sharing that Carrie. I suffer from anxiety. As an experienced dieter I find I must be in the right frame of mind to even attempt dieting. Luckily I found that zone around the first of the year.

Since starting Medifast it's become very apparent that I was using food to help calm my anxiety. Funny thing that mind of mine is. How strange is it that sometimes I will use my creative mind to scare myself so much that I have to eat to overcome the fear?? Since starting Medifast I've had to find new methods to make it through my anxiety attacks. Instead of fearing the unknown day by day I'm learning to embrace it. Who knows what it will be like when we finally reach our goals?! Don't know, but more and more I'm convinced it's going to be a good thing!
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Carrie » March 16th, 2006, 6:00 am

Thanks everyone.............

I'm sitting here looking at your stats.......131, 24, 32, 80, 27 - Marseilles has gone from size 16 to size 10........and how much TREMENDOUS PROGRESS you all have made towards your goals and I just want to say....

WEEWHO Ladies!!!!!!!!!!! You are walkin' talkin' inspirations.
Carrie

Postby Marseilles » March 16th, 2006, 6:11 am

Your turn Chica, your turn.

Now, onto the threats. I WILL do what it takes to keep you right here, even if it means the road trip.

Now, dont go tricking me into making the road trip, either!

We still need to plan that one!

SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE!
-M, your somewhat crazy friend.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Carrie » March 16th, 2006, 6:45 am

Somewhat???????????

LOL
Carrie