Two week reflection

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Two week reflection

Postby Nickinva » June 9th, 2005, 10:23 pm

Hey guys! Im keeping strong with the 6 shake fast, almost completely thanks to LilMsTexas (soo soo sooo greatful) My doctor said as long as im following the diet as per instructed (including 2 liters of water a day) that ill be fine. He was alot more supportive than before -- now that im on it he said he actually knew a few people who have done it (succesfully!). Even still he would have rathered me to have done it another way...

After my first two weeks i have to say that everyones experience must be different.. My first 4 days were breezy. My sixth through ninth, however, were agony later in the evening (always been a night snacker -- time to break that habit). I am truly gratful and indebted to LilMsTexas and BK, whose swaps literally came as i was contemplating quitting . Their VERY generous contributions have taken the spot light for my main entrees, and kept me sane.

While i realize some of you are thinking, "Why not just do the 5-1?" or "The benefits of the 6 shake fast are outwieghed by the comfortability of the 5-1" -- Realize that i am an impulse eater to the core. Rather than away chipping at it with a diet for a month or two, I want to forget about it. I have made up my mind as far as that goes.

Im already about at my original goal, but i havent really lost much weight. I chalk this up to inadequate water consumption during pre-weigh days. Im very disorganized, so apparently filling an old soda bottle with water daily is a must :roll: .

While my weight was relatively unchanged the first week (I was bummmmmed) Since then I have lost about 3 inches off my waist (!!!!!!!!!!) and have much more defined arms (muscle > flab)! Could someone elaborate on exactly how the reporportioning of weight works? It would seem a paradox for me to lose inches, but not bulk.

Regardless, Im very happy with how things are going, and am thinking about starting my transition in about two weeks. I think moving to Boston and starting my transition go together nicely. Mainly so I can start working out more asap.

Can anyone tell me some nice transitioning schedules/tips? Im thinking oatmeal (medifast or not i love the lumpy stuff), shake, grilled chicken sandwich, salad + reg. dinner, shake

Think that i should rely more on the shakes/oatmeal (maybe at first??)? Ive only used about 1/4 of my total product, so i could do it longer -- but i am definatly losing some muscle tone that i would rather not (just from inactivity i guess :/ )
MF 6 Shake program
Start Date: 4/27/05
End Date 6/27/05
Went from 240 to 195
Nickinva
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 9th, 2005, 11:26 pm

Great job Nick!
Keep it up and keep us posted.
Check out the transition guide here:
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-2407.html

When you get into maintenance, try to transfer the habits you're developing now to your new lifestyle.
Always have breakfast - regular, healthy, portion controlled meals, and make water a life long habit.

Don't be a stranger to the forum whether you're struggling or just want to pop in and give us an update.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Re: Two week reflection

Postby Spunky » June 11th, 2005, 5:39 am

Nickinva wrote:Hey guys! (always been a night snacker -- time to break that habit).

Excellent Job Nick!!!

I want to commend you on sticking to it. You may want to try that oatmeal every morning. It gives you energy. I like it because it fills me up more than a shake in the morning.

As for the night snackin' - I just started substituting my night time shake for chocolate pudding. OH MY GOSH!!!! Trust me, this will cure that snackin' void you are feeling!!!!
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby martha » June 11th, 2005, 7:13 am

NICK--- Great job on sticking to your plan.. I also like night snacking but like you have been saved over and over by this foreum.. keep up the good work..3" off your waist already WOW!!!!!!! congratulations and keep on going--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 11th, 2005, 7:16 am

Nick..........keep up the great work..... :yeah: .....and as far as late night snacking... :hmmm: ...we have so many options........we can legally snack....... :mrgreen: .....
donna..........dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby fedup » June 11th, 2005, 8:23 am

Congratulations on a great loss in so short a time! I had lost in the fall, and didn't transition properly, so don't fall into my trap! (My "plan" basically was EAT ALL THE FOOD!) So don't follow my brainy technique ;) ... A sister of a friend of mine kept her weight off after by continuing to use MF products in her day. Of course she ate other stuff, but she had a couple supplements each day also to keep that soy protein coming. I'm gonna do this when I'm back there, but it's still early days for me!

I completely understand about the 5 and 1 vs. the full fast. You have to do what's right for you. I know I make some horrible food choices, so it was "all or nothin" for me. I had to take a break from food to get things together. But yes, those other supplements save me. I knew I couldn't do a "lean and green" properly, but those soups and bars are my treat each day. Those who do all shake, I have no idea how!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room