A Truism & Time to BOOGIE!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

A Truism & Time to BOOGIE!

Postby RareBear » January 8th, 2005, 9:15 am

“This thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down”
~ Mary Pickford
Anyone who’s beating him/herself up :table: for straying of the MF path over the holidays (or whenever), please read and apply the above anytime you blame yourself and contemplate giving up or starting some other time. Whatever is going on in your world today is a new day and you can do this! I promise you! So get up and boogie.
So see you on the dance floor, :dance:
RB
RareBear

Postby susan » January 8th, 2005, 6:47 pm

Thank you so much for that quote Rb,
I needed that . as I am trying to stay up.
susan
I am not a quiter I will hang in there tillI get to goal with the good lords help
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » January 10th, 2005, 12:25 pm

Rarebear,

I LOVE that quote! THANK YOU! Whenever I get hard on myself for failures, I try to remember that I need to have the grace to understand I am not perfect and never will be and to get so disappointed in myself suggests I am. Quitting only confirms I must think I have to be perfect. Don't get me wrong, my self-esteem has always been lacking - I'm the first to take the blame for anything, and the last one to think I'm the best at anything. So it's just weird that those of us that are not so confident try to be so perfect. I've given up on that quest. My confidence has zoomed now that I have reached goal and have tools to stay in control. Thank God we get to start again! Just take advantage of those restarts as often as needed as many times as necessary and you'll get there!

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby msmac0905 » January 10th, 2005, 2:27 pm

Thank you so much for posting that Rare!!! Today is a challenging day for me in that I had a food transgression this weekend :oops: (see my post "Food Transgression...Food Confessional). As I sit here doubting myself since I fell off the wagon. It's not MF that I'm doubting it's me. That quote really lifted my MF spirit today. Today is a new day!! Thanks again. :)
201.5 12/31/2004 (2 days before beginning MF)
msmac0905

Return to The Weight Room