TRICKED MYSELF

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

TRICKED MYSELF

Postby MISSANNE » April 30th, 2006, 7:57 pm

Some of you may be wondering why my ticker hasn't moved. :oops:

I have 3 re-starts since January. I know if I want it bad enough, I will stick to it. I haven't. :cry:

I tricked myself! :x I come to this forum almost everyday and read, post, etc. I somehow thought that since I was doing that, I was ok. Meanwhile, I have been eating whatever I want. Coming and posting DOESN"T count! You actually have to eat/drink MF also! Whoo! There, I said it! It has sunk in!

I have pinpointed my problem, as if I didn't know :lol:

It's every Thursday and every other weekend!!! My kids go with their dad and I go out with my friends! :buddies: I'm not and alcoholic but I can drink with the best of them. I love beer and Vodka and of course, shots! :kool:
This is the only time I drink! Then, of course...gotta hit Filibertos or Dennys for that 3am meal! YUCK!!!!

Slap in the face last night.....I saw myself dancing in the mirror.I only dance when I have that lovely liquid courage. My stomach was worse than I thought! Somehow, I always manage to meet guys and get asked out but Lord have mercy......what are they seeing? Naturally, these men are all the wrong type. To save you the breathe, I know the bar scene is the wrong place to meet people. My mother tells me this all the time!!!

Anyways, tomorrow is May 1st! Perfect day to start getting real and stop fooling myself.

I will weigh in the morning, posts new pics and start shaking!

Thanks for letting me take this space for my own personal diary.

You all have been nothing but 100% great since I've been here. :hug: I couldn't do this without every single one of you!!!! :goteam:
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby Pashta » April 30th, 2006, 8:13 pm

Well, paying all that cash for this food doesn't motivate you enough to lose the weight so you didn't waste your money? If nothing else, at least there is always that. I am not someone to throw away hundreds of dollars. :)

I DO want to lose it, and I am. It really does work, sometimes slow, sometimes quick, but it works! Stick to it girl, you don't need to drink.

I am not a drinker, never was, but I did occasionally have a drink when I went out to dinner with my husband once or twice a month. I do miss that, but it's ok! It will be there for me once I am done here. :)

So get back on program and stay there! :3head: Set yourself a goal, of staying on program for one week, how about that? Can you do that? Then when the week is up, see how you feel and how much weight you lost you really should be able to keep going. You can do it!! :pet:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Jan » April 30th, 2006, 8:19 pm

Hi Michelle,
Sometimes it is hard to get started -- but I think you can do it. Don't give yourself any other option. The first few days are the hardest. Take it day by day or hour by hour if you need to. Soon you'll be in the habit with the rest of us. Lots of things that I thought were delicious don't taste nearly as good. (I'm on maintenance so have a few more choices) When you start to see the pounds leaving you'll be more motivated. As to the alcohol -- just look at it as a glass of sugar -- that's what your body sees and that's just how it uses it. It's a lot more fun to fit into your skinny clothes.
I'll be watching for you too.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Shana » April 30th, 2006, 8:29 pm

Hey Michelle,
I know exactly what you're going through - it's HARD to be on a really strict diet when you're in your 20's, single & want to have a social life!!
One of my favorite bar "tricks" is ordering seltzer water with a twist & a little cocktail straw - no one knows you're not drinking alcohol unless you tell them, you feel like you're having a drink (kind of lol), and there are no carbs, no calories, no sodium & no artificial sweetners :) It's also a great stain remover :)
If there is anything I can do to help, feel free to PM me!

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Allison Onederland » April 30th, 2006, 9:15 pm

Michelle,

Reading your post brought back memories. I was in almost the exact same situation when I was in my 20's. Only difference was...I had never been married or had kids.

Late 1980's I needed to lose 40lbs and went on NutriSystem. I worked hard, studied hard and yes...partied hard. :oops: The only way I'd dance though was if I'd had a few drinks. Soooo....I had to take a little break from going out with my friends. Instead I started walking my dog more (he loved that!), getting more rest (that I desperately needed) and working extra hours (which helped pay for the Nutri System). Over 3 months time I lost 40 lbs. and was able to go out dancing with my friends without needing the liquid courage because I felt so good about the way I looked. A year later I met my hubby and we have been together ever since....over 17 years now. That 3 months of sacrifice was worth it!

Hang in there girl...you can do it! Before you know it, you'll be pursued by lots of guys who are the right type! Take some time for yourself first, your friends and the nightclubs will be there when you are ready! Oh, and by the way, I met my hubby in a nighclub. ;)
Allison Onederland
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 30th, 2006, 10:07 pm

Michelle,
I've been there ( a lot!). I still go out with "the boys" (my co-workers) around 2 nights per week. I'm not at dance clubs...just bars and live music venues, but I'm out in my old element.

I quit drinking a few years ago, so the boys are used to me not drinking, I get a diet coke in a jack & coke glass with a little sippy straw and do a water with a twist every other round. I like the seltzer water idea though.

Downside: I'm always the designated driver.

Upside: 1. My friends and I have A LOT of fun and I remember the nights. 2. They ask me exactly WHO they're hitting on and if they have their "goggles" on or not. 3. I leave the bar with A LOT more money than spending $7 per drink. 4. I'm still out and having fun (burning calories dancing) AND I'm still on program. I'm not sitting at home or in the hotel room. 5. I never get picked up by the "wrong" guy because I'm sober enough to not fall for his CRAP! 6. I can "look out" for my friends.

I hope this helps. You'll know it when you get to THAT POINT. That point is when you're willing to give up ALMOST ANYTHING to get to your goal. The point where you KNOW the plan works and you won't cheat for ANYTHING because you feel so great and you KNOW you're doing the right thing for your body. You are young and you are beautiful. But once 30 hits, believe me, we don't bounce back so fast! I had about 60 pounds sneak up on me because I hit the 30's and still ate, acted like I was in my 20's. I'm so happy you're seeing the problem now!

I will be home all week starting Tuesday, we SHOULD get together if you want to! e-mail or PM me! I'd love to try to motivate you to fix this once and all! We're all in this together!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » May 1st, 2006, 5:15 am

Michelle.

I have a saying that I got here from this forum and I printed it out and have it pasted on my refridgerator and I hope it helps you:

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now"

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby ktrout » May 1st, 2006, 5:28 am

I do the club soda with a twist of lime or lemon when I go out with people from work. They all know that I'm on the plan and after 80lbs, they know that I'm not going to go off plan by drinking. I have had my lean and green meals from the happy hour buffet a few times but if you're carfeful about what you put on your plate, you can be successful doing that. One of our favorite places for Happy Hour has a carving station with a roast beef, whole turkey and large ham. I have a couple ounces of beef and some turkey and then hit the sliced veggies for my green.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » May 1st, 2006, 7:18 am

Michelle :) It's great that you've faced up to what's holding you back AND it's wonderful that you're going to pick up and begin again.

You've gotten some GREAT advice. Sometimes we confuse our wants with our needs and vice versa. You've re-evaluated what you need to do....now when those spontaneous "wants" creep up, shut them down but sticking with what you need (and what you REALLY want deep down). :) We're ALL routing for you and want to see you succeed in your goals :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby electra000 » May 1st, 2006, 8:03 am

Michelle, I am in the same boat! My ticker hasn't moved either because I have not been truly committed. Today is May 1st, it is also a Monday. I vow to stay committed to program. We can start over together ! We can do this ! Terri
electra000
Preferred member

Postby Denise » May 1st, 2006, 8:12 am

Michelle....I am wishing you a truly Motivating May! You can do it! We are all here to support you!
Denise
Preferred member

Postby MISSANNE » May 1st, 2006, 8:17 am

Thanks for all the great advice! I appreciate it!!!
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby wildtrk » May 1st, 2006, 8:54 am

I understand all of what you are saying completely. Everyone has given you some great advice. No need for me to pile on as there is not much more in the way of wisdom that I can impart on you. Though I will say...I gave up alcohol over 18 years ago (I was 23) and I can honestly say that learning how to dance withput liquid courage is a challenge!
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
10# - 4/26 40# - 5/25 70# - 7/27
20# - 5/04 50# - 6/18 80# - 8/31
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
Starting weight 355/345/199
10# - 2/2/10

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Tiolazz » May 1st, 2006, 12:29 pm

Miss Anne,

I quit drinking about a month before I started M/F, and I can tell you, after going out with my friends, spending a weekend with my brother and sil, I learned one very important thing.....

Drinking makes you stupid... LOL

I was embarrassed for the people around me that were drinking cause as the time went on, whether it was afternoon drinking, or nightclub drinking, they just got more juvenile and stupider with every drink...

That alone will help you to re-evaluate the fun of alcohol.... at least it did me...

When I am in maintenance, I may have a small glass of wine every now and then with dinner, (I am married to a Real Italian, from Rome), but I will never allow myself to look that foolish and stupid in public again...

try it once, party with your friends without the alcohol, wait till you see what the rest of the world see's... it is an eye opener...

Terri

Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Hugs

Postby Ginabobina1969 » May 1st, 2006, 12:42 pm

You can do this Miss Anne!! Just believe that you can and keep plenty of sf mints/gum/ jello handy along with celery. Dip celery in Molly McCheese and you sorta feel like you have a stick of celery with velveeta. Mmmm.
Something that still helps me...as demoralizing as it can be for me personally is keeping a before picture..very handy. :cry: That is enough to kill my appetite for junk 99% of the time..lol

Commit to one week cheat free and stick to it or three days cheat free...and once you see you CAN do it..you will better be able to control those cravings.

You can do this!

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room