-3.2#

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

-3.2#

Postby Amber » May 25th, 2006, 6:30 am

:D
Well, here it is the beginning of day four, so far so good!
I do have a few questions, someone help, please. I am having a hard time getting my meals in. After my L&G (6p.m.) I want NO more food. I am an early bird and don't want to go to bed stuffed. So, best to squeeze everything in before L&G? I also find that I am not hungry enough to eat all the lean in the L&G. Can I save an ounce or two for the next day when I am hungry? What have you done in similar circumstances?
How often do you weigh? I tend to be an everyday kind of weigher but I have heard that's not the best idea...
All opinions appreciated!
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sarya » May 25th, 2006, 6:47 am

You need to eat all of your L&G portion during the day. If you need to you can break it up and eat some of it with lunch, some with dinner, etc. You also need to get in all 5 supplements a day. Make sure you get your first supplement within an hour of waking. A good rule of thumb is to get at least three supplements in before 2pm unless you have an overly early or overly late waking time. You need most of your energy during the day, so I would suggest trying to tailor your menu with the most calories early then perhaps have a hot drink before bed since it is less filling. You don't want to go more than four waking hours between any meal, and you should try to keep your meals spaced 2-3 hours apart as an ideal. Make sure you eat within 2-3 hours of going to sleep. I find that I am more likely to be hungry in the middle of the night if I stay up much longer than that or skip my evening supplement.

--S
Sarya

Postby Ct. Yankee » May 25th, 2006, 8:18 am

Everything Sarya wrote. Not eating the meals which MF requires, will only lead your body to wondering when you are going to feed it again, thus it holds out, causing a slowing of weight loss. As a good friend, and dietary counselor of mine says, "you have to eat, to lose". Sensibly, she adds with a :) ! Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Serendipity » May 25th, 2006, 10:47 am

If you're having trouble getting in all of the supplements, I would recommend the RTD shakes....or have a latte or hot chocolate as your last meal. They are a bit less filling than other supplements. I usually have my last meal right before bed. Medifast doesn't lay in my stomach like other food and eating that late doesn't bother me at all.

We aren't supposed to let too many hours go between our last meal of the night and first meal of the next day. If you stop eating at 6:00 pm, and don't eat again until 7:00 am, that's 13 hours! Way too many.

As for splitting up the lean & green, I think we are supposed to avoid that if at all possible. (any HA's want to correct me on this?) If you do have to split up your L&G, don't eat the meat at one sitting and the veggies at the other, eat 1/2 of each to keep things balanced. Maybe you could try less filling foods for awhile until you adjust to the plan. I know for me, fish is less filling than chicken or beef and salad is less filling than cooked veggies....that's just the way it is for me. You will need to experiment to find your best combination.

I'm not a health advisor and if I'm off base on some of this, corrections are welcome.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 25th, 2006, 12:23 pm

You're right on base Jo....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Amber » May 25th, 2006, 1:08 pm

Thank you all-
I will keep it going and just be full in the evening.
Appreciate your help!
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber

Postby DogMa » May 25th, 2006, 5:18 pm

I like the pudding in the evening, too. Then it's more like dessert and less like actual food. And who doesn't have room for dessert?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » May 25th, 2006, 5:38 pm

Wow Jo, are you sure you're not an undercover HA? great post!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby Diana » May 25th, 2006, 10:20 pm

Amber, no need to have the L&G in the evening. You can have it at any time during the day. For example, you could have a veggie scramble for breakfast twice a week, or you could have your L&G for lunch or in the afternoon.

As far as weighing goes, do whatever inspires you! I intend NOT to weigh everyday, but I'm just so darn curious I can't help myself!! If the data from the scale discourages me, I stay away from it for a couple of days. Then it's my friend again. (Sometimes absence makes the :heart: grow fonder.)

Here's to your success!
Diana
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 25th, 2006, 11:42 pm

Hi Amber, you got some GREAT advice! I use the hot and cold drinks when I'm too stuffed for a MF meal. Those and the RTD's don't sit like some of the other meals do!

You're doing GREAT! Keep it up!

DeDe
dede4wd

Return to The Weight Room