Hi

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi

Postby SandyB » April 26th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Hi Everyone, I've ordered the 4-week program and hopefully it will be here soon. I am very apprehensive given that I have tried every diet under the sun only to lose some weight and then gain it back. However, I like the idea of not having choices and not being able to drink alcohol (we camp/bbq/etc. and I love my beer, so having taking away the options will probably help me. My Dr. told me that if I don't have lower cholesterol levels by my June 23 appointment, he wants to put me on medicine and I don't even like taking aspirin, so no meds for me if I can help it. I really hope MF is what I'm looking for.

Sandy
SandyB

Postby FORMOMMY » April 26th, 2006, 3:18 pm

Welcome Sandy! You can do this! I totally understand about trying every diet under the sun because so have I. Medifast has been a real life saver for me. This program will work for you if you stick to the plan, drink all your water and come here for encouragement. If you have any questions, come here and you will definitely get the answer. Go to the LEan Cuisine section and you will find different ways to change the food up.

If you follow the plan you really won't be hungry. Your first 3 days will be a little rough but stick with it and it will get easier each day. You will see the pounds fall off of you.

Good luck and make sure you come here often for questions, concerns, and laughs.
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 26th, 2006, 3:19 pm

Hi Sandy!

So glad you ordered! I know you're worried, but in my mind, succeeding on MF is a choice. If you choose to stick to the plan 100% for a month (since you ordered the 4-week park) no cheating, no deviations, no excuses, no kidding; I truly believe you will be amazed with your results!

If you want a head start, download the quick start guide from the official MF site. Browse the site and get ready to start, get a health advisor, post any questions you have and we'll be here for you!

P.S. I was in the same boat you were about the doctor. I'm happy to report that within six weeks, the doctor was no longer threatening to put me on cholesterol medication!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Shana » April 26th, 2006, 3:21 pm

Hi Sandy,
medifast really DOES work and it WILL work for you if you follow the plan as it's written! It gets easier as the days go by - I just placed my 2nd order, and I'm not sick of the food choices yet :)

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby sheila » April 26th, 2006, 3:22 pm

Hi Sandy. You have made the right decision. medifast has already changed my life, and I have only lost 34 lbs since Feb 2nd. I cant wait to see how much my life will change by the time I make it to my goal. I know I can do it. And so can you. I too, liked to drink before, but since not having it in almst 3 months, have no desire anymore. I know I was skeptical at first also. But I am so glad I gave it a chance. Glad to have you here.
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Guest » April 26th, 2006, 3:36 pm

Thanks for all of your kind (and fast) LOL replies. I know for a fact that my biggest hurdle will be my social like. My husband races motorcycles (dirt bikes) in the desert almost every weekend, so I am there visiting, eating, drinking, and having a great time, but those 2 days can destroy all my hard work of the 5 days before. We are going to the Balloon & Wine Festival in Temecula the 1st weekend of June, so I am hoping that my resolve to stick on the program will be nice and strong by then. I have feeling I will need to register on these boards as I will be here often. :lol:

Sandy

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 26th, 2006, 3:44 pm

Hi Sandy,
Register, it's FREE! And then, when you get into the 10# club, it'll be noted, you can send Private messages and such. Then, when you get into the 20# club, it'll be noted!

Also, I can do this plan and I travel 260-280 days per year, I think you'll be okay on the outings you talked about! You can do it! You just have to convince YOURSELF that you can!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Guest » April 26th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Ok, I did it....I'm registered. Thanks DeDe

Postby nostoppingme » April 26th, 2006, 3:57 pm

Today is only my 6th day doing MF - and I have to say, it's the easiest thing I've ever done. I started by making a pledge to myself that I would stick to the program exactly for 5 weeks.
Anything can be done for 5 weeks. I'll see what my results are then, and I'm guessing I am going to be so happy with the loss, that I will NOT give up until I've reached my goal!!!
Glad you're here!
nostoppingme
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby SandyB » April 26th, 2006, 4:01 pm

Hi nostoppingme....I ordered the 4-week program + 1 free, so I'm committed for the 5 weeks too. Did you have any problems the 1st few days?
Sandy

I cannot wait until my clothing size is smaller than my shoe size!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
SandyB

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 26th, 2006, 4:01 pm

Hi Nostopping me, that's exactly what I did...I just said come Hell or High water, I was going to be 100% compliant to the program for One Month (how much food I had). I certainly didn't have to make that deal with myself the second month!

Sandy,
Glad you registered! You're going to do great!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby SandyB » April 26th, 2006, 4:08 pm

I will get a little ticker counter thingy too when I can post a lost.....getting the cart ahead of the horse a bit since I haven't even received the MF foods yet. :lol:
Sandy

I cannot wait until my clothing size is smaller than my shoe size!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
SandyB

Postby LovenElvis » April 26th, 2006, 4:16 pm

WELCOME SANDYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have found the best board around! How exciting that you even found it before starting MF. By doing this you are already ahead of the game!

You have already received great advice, just remember to keep posting and working with your Health Advisor!!

Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby nostoppingme » April 26th, 2006, 4:23 pm

I actually have not had any problems sticking with this. I think it's because I was just so sick and tired of trying to come up with a plan. I was sick of thinking about food so much! I like MF so much because there is no thinking "did I do well today? Or did I do bad today?"
I am sticking with the plan so there is no question... I'm doing really great!!
I used to rack my brain thinking, ok what can eat for breakfast that's healthy, ok now what can I have for a snack -now what should I have for lunch - blah blah blah blah Now all I do is go over to my box, and pick something!
I have done a million other things, but I have never felt better!
nostoppingme
Regular Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 26th, 2006, 6:47 pm

I totally agree with you nostopping me, I am very analytical, I love the fact that I can follow a map and KNOW I'm doing well if I follow directions! I hate worrying about whether I ate the right thing or did the right thing. I'm so glad this is mapped out for me and I just follow the yellow brick road...

DeDe

We're winning, can't you tell?
dede4wd

Next

Return to Come on in.