Too Long

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Too Long

Postby pinkflamingonewsgirl » June 24th, 2006, 4:03 pm

Has anyone else become nautious (sp) and vomit when they wait too long between meals?
pinkflamingonewsgirl
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Guest » June 24th, 2006, 5:40 pm

I have, but I am not on MF yet, so it is not due to that. I think it is a lack of f ood

Postby sidrah » June 24th, 2006, 5:49 pm

I definitely get nauseous when I do not eat consistently. I get really weird feelings like I am gonna throw up. I am fine even if I drink something cold just to get something running down my throat. I know what you mean.

You get that feeling like you don't know if you should eat something or not, but usually when you do have something, you could barely tell you were ever percolating in the stomach.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby pinkflamingonewsgirl » June 24th, 2006, 6:08 pm

Actually, I do vomit...and for the rest of the day I can't hold anything down...not even water
pinkflamingonewsgirl

Postby Unca_Tim » June 24th, 2006, 7:32 pm

hmmmmm....guess I better ask you.
Any chance you're preggers?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby pinkflamingonewsgirl » June 24th, 2006, 10:17 pm

no...I've never even kissed someone. My fiancee and I are waiting till the wedding day to kiss. So there's no way whatsoever.
pinkflamingonewsgirl

Postby sidrah » June 24th, 2006, 11:23 pm

Well, I never really end up vomiting, so I don't think whatever is afflicting you gets me.

What happens when you eat every few hours. Are you fine then?

Maybe you just have lots of acid you are combatting. I am not sure I haev ever had it go so far that I was sick fo rthe whole day/

Flu??
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby pinkflamingonewsgirl » June 25th, 2006, 5:49 am

well, after long discussion with my father (a medical provider) about the last 2 months we've come to a decision. I've gotten sick like this at least twice a week and even when I do eat regularly, I have low energy and get dizzy spells. We think it would be best for me to come off and try something else. I'm so glad that I had a chance to try Medifast and it does work! It just isn't for me, not all diets are created for everyone. I'm only sad that I'll have to leave this forum. :cry: Y'all are such a support and I really enjoyed that. If it's ok that I continue to come back and tell you about my losses, I'd like that, but if not, I understand completely. Thanks!
pinkflamingonewsgirl

Postby GucciGoo » June 25th, 2006, 5:52 am

Sorry about that. Good luck with whatever you try. Weight Watchers is always a tried and true method if you have some patience. Plus you can eat whatever you want.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » June 25th, 2006, 1:32 pm

You don't have to leave the forum. Please check in with us from time to time. We're all struggling through this together.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby alpha femme » June 25th, 2006, 3:53 pm

i agree. keep us posted on what/how you are doing.

we don't have to break up. :o)
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Ms X » June 26th, 2006, 5:52 am

This is interesting, because it used to happen to me years ago when I was a teenager. I was anorexic in my teens (hard to believe I can weigh 295+ now!) and I remember going very long periods of time without eating anything, then feeling violently nauseous, and vomiting for the rest of the day (dry heaves once there was nothing left).

It doesn't happen to me anymore, but I'm wondering if it's because you let it go too long? Like now, when I start to feel nauseous, I immediately realize I've gone past the point where I should have had another meal, and I hurry and do it. If I don't, the nausea does grow and grow, until finally even my meal threatens to not stay down.

It sounds like you've already made the decision to stop MF and maybe try something else, so I would be sure to eat something every 2-3 hours, and most especially if you feel yourself starting to get nauseous! That will probably stop it from getting to the vomiting point.
Ms X

Postby Sarya » June 26th, 2006, 6:23 am

That used to happen to me when I was a vegetarian. I'd wake up in the morning sooo nauseous, and it wouldn't go away until I had a meal and it digested. It was horrible.

Since I'm eating every 2-3 waking hours I haven't had this problem on MF. I have been very careful to eat my first supplement within an hour of waking and my last one within an hour of going to bed.
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby pinkflamingonewsgirl » June 26th, 2006, 9:05 am

yesterday was my first day on my new diet. I ate every 2-3 hours and I felt great AND I was eating healthy foods...imagine that. I'm still feeling a bit ill (the other day's nausia was the worst ever), but I'm getting better. My consultant, who is also my aunt, said she feels confident that I'm still going to lose weight because I'm looking at the nutrition facts of EVERYTHING I buy and I'm eating smaller, healthier meals the way Medifast taught me to. I'm excited and I really think this is going to work out for me.
pinkflamingonewsgirl

Postby TheShadow » June 26th, 2006, 10:33 am

Pink, I'm just wondering why you were going so long between meals? We are supposed to be eating every 2-3 hours. Were you eating that often when you were on Medifast?
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room