Today is going to be very very hard :/

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Sarya » May 13th, 2006, 8:17 am

Well I didn't win any money in that little betting fiasco yesterday, but I stepped on the scale this morning and I was down two more pounds! I'll tell you that I think this Medifast thing is nothing short of amazing. I've never lost this kind of weight this easily before. I do have to remember however that the weight I'm losing now is weight I've gained within the last six months so I suppose it's bound to come off easier than the weight that's had time to settle in, but I'm still happy (and astounded).

--S
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Diana » May 13th, 2006, 8:52 am

Amen to the easy and effective part, Sarya!! I'm 2 months in and STILL amazed at the continual progress.

Like you, I"m still working on the "interest" before I get to the "principal" of my weight loss. You know, though, I don't think it necessarily comes off at any different rate. How's that for a miracle? The great equalizer!

:hi5: Congrats on your triumph over the company bbq!! If you can, make a list of those people who bet you would NOT go off plan. You've got allies out there in the jungle! The fact that it became such a big deal, though, is not all negative even though it may be uncomfortable to be at the very silent center. If they didn't care and didn't want you involved, there would have been nary a word. People have very strong emotional and social attachments to food. It's a bonding thing to break bread together. (If you haven't read Success in a Shaker Jar, I highly recommend it!)

Just a suggestion: My hubby has found he likes the Hebrew National 97% fat free beef franks, but it takes about 3 and a half of 'em to make 5 oz.

I'm really proud of you, Sarya! I didn't have your resolve and needed outside help! We had lunch at my principal's house yesterday. She was the first one to encourage me to try Medifast when she saw that I'd put on 50 lbs in just over a year. Someone made a huge platter of fudge (wimperwimper). I found the tiniest piece and cut it in half; the result was about the size of my thumbnail with the thickness of my pinky nail (I have small hands). I held it up to get my husband's opinion. (He's on Medifast, too, and the Science Department Chair.) I had just asked him, "Do you think this will throw me out of ketosis?" when from across the house flew this crazed woman with a panicked yell, "NO!!!!!!" It was my principal to the rescue. I threw it away, washed my hands, and got a bottle of water for one hand and napkin for the other.

Keep track of your victories! They will add to your strength! And here's to our mutual success! :buddies:
Diana
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Sarya » May 13th, 2006, 9:31 am

Aw Diana, I'm so glad your principal did that for you! I don't know what I'd do about chocolate if I didn't love the dutch chocolate shakes so much. They kill a chocolate craving for me. It's great. As for the bet, yes it was good natured, and I'm still wondering if they really did bet or if they were trying in their own ways to be supportive. You know.. to keep me involved in the day without my having to eat to do so.

When I went into the kitchen to cook my oatmeal the microwave had been unplugged to cook the beans. Some lady who doesn't know what was going on just told me to wait and eat at the bbq, until one of the executive admins came by and found out what was going on. She just unplugged a crock pot and plugged in the microwave and told me to make my oatmeal. It was very nice of her.

--S
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Previous

Return to The Weight Room