Today is Day 1! Now a little about myself...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Today is Day 1! Now a little about myself...

Postby cydj21 » January 15th, 2006, 4:19 pm

Hello all! Today was finally the day! So far, so good. :star:
I've already learned the importance of not missing a suplement. I was about an hour late on my third one and my body was screaming for a baked potatoe with sour cream, a giant turkey sandwich, chips and dip, you name it! :x
But I am really glad that I am already getting in the swing of things. I've had lots of water....my fiance has been laughing at me because I've seemingly been in the bathroom all day! :oops: So far I have tried the dutch chocolate shake, the swiss mocha shake, the chicken noodle soup, and the french vanilla berry oatmeal...and I like them all! :D I didn't buy the variety pack, but instead selected things of my choice because I was not liking the sounds of the strange orange shakes, the banana pudding, etc.

I weighed in this morning. I hadn't stepped on a scale in a couple of months when I was around 245. I estimated beforehand that I was somewhere around 265 now, and was somewhat pleased to see that I weigh only [HA!] 260.5....but I figure that is 4.5 pounds less to lose, and that is a good good thing! :whistle:

One of the things about this board that has been very helpful has been getting to feel like I know people personally...even in such a short time. To that end I'd like to share a little bit more about myself. I am currently 22, 5'5" tall, and a busy busy college student. My struggles with weight loss and attempts at losing are the same as what I've heard from so many of you so I won't bore you with the details. I have known for a long time I needed to do something and finally I'd just had it. On New Years Day I stumbled upon the People magazine with all the skinny, former fat girls in it and I was inspired and motivated. I got onto the Medifast website :puter: and that is where my journey started.

No one in my immediate family is overweight really. My father is pretty slender, my mother struggles not to fall below a size 6 (imagine having that problem), and my younger sister tops out at a size 3 on a heavy week. My older brother was always heavier too, but after joining the military recently he has dropped from a size 42" waist to a 31" waist, essentially making me feel like the very large odd man out. I remember wearing my size 12 prom dress and feeling like a cow. Oh man, if I was a cow then than I am certainly a buffalo now :x ....and I am NOT going to live my life that way anymore. :byebye: Byebye fat!

My whole life I have been in love with fashion. I have a shoe fetish that has resulted in a shoe collection of over 70 pairs of shoes, and at long last I want the rest of the outfit to go with the amazing shoes. :woohoo: I know it will take time, but I'm finally feeling confident about losing weight and I know with all of your support I can do it. I haven't even been able to start shopping for a wedding dress because I cannot bear to even think about looking at the fat girl wedding dresses. The way I figure it, I am only getting married once and I AM going to do it right the first time. No regrets! :mrgreen:

Below I am going to include a couple links to some images from my brother's wedding on December 23rd. These are going to serve as my "before" pics, but I didn't want to send anything to Unca to post in the Studio section until I make some progress. So for now, for anyone who is interested, feel free to take a look. I'm keeping the full body shots to myself at this point. lol :oops:

1) This one is of my fiance, my nephew Sebastian, and I.

2) This one is of my sister in law to the left of me, and my younger sister (the pesky size 3) to the right of me.

At any rate, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank everyone for your support and encouragement. I know you'll be seeing a lot of me, and pretty soon I hope you're see a lot less of me! ;)

<edit>links removed - images added - UT</edit>
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby ktrout » January 15th, 2006, 4:27 pm

Welcome to the board and a whole new way of life !!! We're here to help all we can. I'm a newbie myself but you should feel very comfortable in this environment. Feel free to ask almost anything and you're sure to get an answer.

Take care

ktrout
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout

Postby MusicalMomma » January 15th, 2006, 4:53 pm

cydj21! You are a beautiful young lady! Congratz on making through day 1! I'm still waiting for my shipment, so I'm just doing slimfast until it arrives so I can weigh in with you all next Sunday too ;) Like you, I was pleasantly surprised to weigh 3 pounds less than anticipated....we're gonna do it girl!!!!!

:goteam:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Welcome

Postby Jan » January 15th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Hi
First let me say how happy I am to see you here. You can do it .. soon you'll be shopping for new clothes to go with all those great shoes!! By the way I love shoes tooo :D Sometimes I wonder though if the reason I bought so many shoes is because I could just go in and ask for a size 7 or 7 1/2 and they fit. Really easy whereas clothes ..... hmmmm
Give yourself a big pat on the back. You are very very smart to part with the pounds now. At your age it will be much easier than if you let it go for awhile. We'll all watch you shrink :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby petals » January 15th, 2006, 5:29 pm

Hi cydj

Glad your on board!

I saw your pics and wow are you pretty!

Dark eyes and a beautiful smile.

You have a wonderful attitude

Welcome on the train to thinsville.

Petals
Started 7-31-06
Height: 5'8"

~Don't sacrifice what you want NOW for what you want MOST~

petals
Trusted Member

Postby Hyperion » January 15th, 2006, 7:08 pm

cydj21,

Welcome onboard! Wow, I was shocked at your face and smile! You look soooooo much like my girlfriend, it's incredible (she's 22 too, college student, same hair, same smile, it's stunning).

You truly will be happier when you reach your goal (and even on the way!). Having the same age, I guess it's easier to understand each other's strugglings. If you want to put a face on the name, you can check the studio. I posted some pics of me at 264 then at 232, then 211 I think.

I am looking forward to see you again on this forum soon! :D
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby cydj21 » January 15th, 2006, 7:11 pm

Looks like Unca has been here! lol :D Thanks, Unca!

Thank you everyone for your encouragement. When I was younger my grandmother used to tell me I should be a model...well the only people I could model for right now is Lane Bryant, and who wants that? lol :roflmao: Hey, not to mention I'm 5'5"...so that one isn't working out too well all the way around.

I just finished up my dinner about an hour ago. In about a half hour I'm going to have another shake. I woke up late this morning and therefore got a late start. I want to make sure that I get in the right number of calories and stuff....and besides I'll probably be up until midnight and be starving by then anyway if I don't make sure to get in my fifth supplement.

Jan, you said something earlier that really hit home...

Sometimes I wonder though if the reason I bought so many shoes is because I could just go in and ask for a size 7 or 7 1/2 and they fit. Really easy whereas clothes ..... hmmmm

I think that is true for a lot of us....which is not to say that my size 3 sister doesn't share my shoe fetish, because she certainly does! In recent years I've become known as the shoe and accessory queen. And why not? I can go in and buy all the shoes, handbags, scarves, earrings, and sunglasses I want and not worry about my weight. I cannot wait to go in and buy an amazing outfit first and foremost, and look good in it. Then I will know that I have succeeded and then I will be truly and amazingly happy. :heart:

Petals, Jan, MusicalMomma, ktrout...thank you all so much.
Medifast Friends- I love you all already. :hug:
Cyd
cydj21

Postby cydj21 » January 15th, 2006, 7:15 pm

Hyperion- we must have posted at nearly the same time.
Thank you for your encouragement! It certainly is always reassuring to know that I am not the only one my age in this situation. Congratulations on your success so far! :D I am going to head over and check out your pics in the Studio right now.....
Cyd
cydj21

Postby Hyperion » January 15th, 2006, 7:27 pm

Thanks cydj!

I truly hope you stay on this forum for a while, I can't wait for those "mid" pics :D :D
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion

Postby Wannabe » January 15th, 2006, 9:55 pm

Cydj21, I'm just getting started too! Aren't we smart to have found this great place? ;)

I know what you mean about being in the bathroom all day! :oops: My first day was the same!

There is something I always do when I want to munch on some fattening food...get a catalog or go online and look at all the cute clothes I can't buy because they don't come in big sizes! I've always been a fashion nut too...and don't get me started on shoes! LOVE 'EM!! :D I bet if you go out and buy some wedding magazines and keep looking at all those beautiful dresses, and imagine yourself slim and looking fantastic in one of them you will lose the urge to grab the chips and dip!

Like everyone has said, you are a beautiful young girl and I think you will be a knockout when you reach your goal! Good luck!
Wannabe
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby lan » January 15th, 2006, 10:06 pm

Welcome, Cydj21.
Your pictures are just beautiful! You will only become more beautiful as the weight comes off.

You are smart to tackle your weight problem now and not wait. Your health and your life will be better in the long run.

Here's wishing you the best! You go girl!

Lan
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby cydj21 » January 16th, 2006, 7:02 am

You are all too kind. :D It sure does get me pumped to get through Day 2! Thank you so much.

Speaking of bridal magazines...I have a collection of images of dresses that I put in a folder on my computer so I can go through them as needed. Yesterday I went through them twice. Today I actually had already planned to buy a magazine and cut out some of the pictures to put in strategic locations so if I'm in class or on campus and in need, I've got a little pick me up that way too. It's good to know that I will be a happy and healthy bride!
Cyd
cydj21

Postby cydj21 » January 16th, 2006, 11:19 am

Day 2 was going strong until lunchtime. I am headed over to the Lean Cuisine right now to see if there are any tips but in the meantime....any suggestions on how to make the minestrone soup edible? Ick! It has to be among the worst things that has ever hit my mouth. I tried adding a LOT more water (it was all chunky and pastey), and I also added garlic, salt, and pepper, Mrs. Dash and some oregano and nothing. I have all these boxes of it....I am praying someone out there has some suggestions so I don't have to try and pawn it off on someone else. I didn't even make it through one bowl....I tried and tried and finally dumped out at least half of it. :oops:
Cyd
cydj21

Postby Eander5696 » January 16th, 2006, 12:38 pm

cydj21 - On the minestrone - here is what I do, and I love it. My niece even steals mine and eats that little turkey.....

Anyway, Id never had minestrone before, and granted we are not all going to like the same things. Some of the foods you just won't like. But give it one more go, and...a valuable lesson I've learned on my first week...ALWAYS keep an extra packet of something you like on hand. (I leave mine in my desk at work and one in my purse) We all know how LOUDLY cravings speak to us.

Anyway mine i put 2/3 c water, nuke for 2 mins, cover and let sit for a good 20 mins. That means, I set my Outlook to remind me to start cooking at work in enough time I won't be starving and have to wait 20 mins. I add a beef boullion cube. That is the one thing I won't eat most of these soups without. I LOVE boullion. It makes them edible in my opinion. Most of them (minus the chili) i only add boullion to.

Let it sit, and voila. Pasta is cooked and veggies re-hydrated.

Hope this helps!!

Another thing that might encourage you....Im on day 8 and down 10 pounds. :-)

Im 5'0, at 188 now. Im about 21 inside and a new 30 outside. My 31 bday is May 13, and I am going to be the hottest thing at my party. I lost so many years being fat and miserable, Im now living my 20's!!!! lol

PM me if you need a buddy, Im always up for a chat!!!! Emily
Food is fuel. Nothing more.

Eander5696
Regular Member - #10 Club

minestrone

Postby guest » January 16th, 2006, 1:26 pm

Another option for the ministrone (and chili, chix/rice, chix noodle for me) is add a little extra water, place it over a very, very low heat for 15+ minutes with all the spices you like to give it extra flavor, and viola, a yummy, tasty soup with good consistency, all the "hard things" softened, and very little time.

For the cream soups, I just nuke them with a teaspoon of curry powder and delicious. For whatever reason they work better in the microwave (stove top gives them strange consistency) and the other soups work best on stove top, giving them a real soup flavor and consistency

Good luck!

Next

Return to Come on in.