Is this normal???

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Is this normal???

Postby angelgirl » April 5th, 2006, 7:11 am

Hello all. Well just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I lost 10 ponds in 4 days. I'm ecstatic and all but I don't really feel a difference in my clothes yet. I figure with a ten pound weightloss, i'd at least feel it. Is this just water weightloss or what? Sorry... don't mean to whine... I mean, I should be happy... right?? I am still waiting for the daily headaches to go away. I am about to go to bed now. ( 3rd shifter ) Can't wait to see how much I lost when I wake up. I am thrilled to have lost the weight I did. I was skeptical because I work 3rd shift and all and didn't know how it was all going to work out but so far so good. goodnight all. Happy losing!! :D
angelgirl
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Pashta » April 5th, 2006, 7:16 am

In the very beginning yes, I do believe it is water and all that heavy food that was in your intestines clearing out. But hey! A pound is a pound, right? :)

Don't worry, stick with it and you will DEFINITELY start feeling a difference! :D
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby mini me » April 5th, 2006, 7:17 am

wow that's awesome! I just started on Monday, so we'll see. Not planning on getting on the scale until sunday though. congrats and keep it up!
mini me
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Lizabette » April 5th, 2006, 7:25 am

Hi ANGEL,

10 pounds in 4 days is fabulous! You'll start 'feeling' it soon. :yes: I did read in some MF material that about half of the first pounds lost is water...but that is still weight on your body.

BE HAPPY, :D you are on your way to a slimmer YOU! And we're cheering you on. :cheerleader:

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Clothes

Postby Jan » April 5th, 2006, 5:16 pm

Hi There,
YOu know parting with the pounds is a funny thing. Right now you have parted with about 10 pounds or so and don't notice a difference in your clothes. It is most likely about 5 pounds or so of water weight. Water weight is distributed over our bodies. I know sometimes I retain water in my legs and feet.
On the other hand I have people tell me that the scale isn't moving -- but their clothes are getting bigger and bigger. (I even had one young lady tell me that she thought the washer was stretching her clothes :mrgreen: ) I've heard about dryers selectively shrinking clothes but that was the first time I had heard about washing machines selectively stretching clothing :mrgreen: ) Here's the good news. Just keep following the program exactly and the pounds will leave, and the clothes will get tooooo big. Oh and the scale will move in the right direction too. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby angelgirl » April 5th, 2006, 11:21 pm

Thanks again everyone. I will keep on keepin on. There are things that came with my 1 month supply that I know I won't like but am wondering is it safe to give out my mailing address to swap. These days you just never know. Am I being paranoid??
angelgirl

Postby Arklahoma » April 6th, 2006, 4:19 am

AngelGirl ... I really couldn't feel a difference until about my third week into the program but everyone is different The first week's loss is almost all water, but don't scoff cuz it's weight OFF your body and your joints will thank you.

BTW, I just signed up for my first two swaps and had no hesitation about giving out my contact information. If you are hesitant then you might want to consider renting a po box or a temporary address at mailbox etc.

:goodluck:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » April 6th, 2006, 6:48 am

Hey there Angel! Those pounds are just JUMPING off of you!!! Don't worry, your clothes will begin to hang loose in a VERY short time....believe me, I'm down 43 pounds now and my wedding rings are about to fall off!!! Even my fingers are getting skinny!!!! LOL Keep up the good work :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby angelgirl » April 6th, 2006, 6:50 am

Thanks Arklahoma for the advice. I think I might go rent a P O box. Have a great day everyone!
angelgirl

Postby angelgirl » April 6th, 2006, 6:55 am

Hey musicalmomma... I see we are both Wisconsinites... good to know!!
Congrats on the weightloss. I know it is still soon. I was just kinda hopin to see a difference by next Tuesday. That's my 27th B-day and will be 12 days in. As long as the numbers are going down on the scale then I guess i am ok :roll:
angelgirl

Return to Come on in.