Thinnest I've ever been... Can't believe it

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Thinnest I've ever been... Can't believe it

Postby raederle » January 17th, 2005, 3:16 pm

Hi all,

I waited a couple days to make sure my scale wasn't just posting a fluke weight to toy with my emotions... but sure enough, (and after losing another half a pound!) Im ready to believe it--

After 3 weeks of shakin' and slurpin' with no cheats, I've lost 11 pounds despite Aunt Flo coming to visit, and I now officially weigh less than I ever weighed my entire adult life. I couldn't even get this small last year when I was frantically working out and starving myself for months before my wedding. Heck, I think I weighed more than this when I was 4 years old...!

My husband was away for a week and when he returned yesterday, he said, "Your butt has shrunk! What have you been doing???" He now calls it my Incredible Shrinking Butt, and all my pants (even my "thin pants") are now so saggy that I had to go out and buy a new pair of high-heeled loafers to pick my pant legs up off the ground! (I figure the new pants can wait til I reach goal-- shoes are cheaper!)

I'm so glad I perservered through the week of Aunt Flo, when I lost only one pound-- after she left, all the weight did, too! I'm now only 7 pounds away from goal and I can't believe it's working this time. After dieting for 15 years, something finally works!!! Thank you Medifast!!! And thank you to everyone on the Board-- I'm so glad I found you. I couldn't have done three weeks of no cheats if I didn't visit this board eight times a day...

:mrgreen:

Thanks for listening!
Rae
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby explorthis » January 17th, 2005, 3:39 pm

He now calls it my Incredible Shrinking Butt

Laughing, this is so great!

I can tell you (and you all know, and have read it before) Rae, I WAS obese my entire adult life, till just over a year ago. I know the feeling of being fat, and hated it. The feeling of thinner is definitely better.

Good/fun news is, long after you have lose all the weight you desire, you will think of it constantly. Not an hour goes by, somewhere, somehow I think about my loss. You are on that train now....

You have just scratched the surface, the surface of the I.S.B.!!!

Medifast: the I.S.B. causing product!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby RavenKat2 » January 18th, 2005, 6:50 am

That's really great Rae! Congrats!!!!!

Kat
RavenKat2
(259)245/207/165

*new id for inspiration*
RavenKat2
Trusted Member

Postby raederle » January 18th, 2005, 10:27 am

Thanks, Mike and Kat! You guys here at the forum are the only ones who I know understand that maybe 11 pounds doesn't sound like a lot, but when you've been trying to lose 'em (and some!) for years, it *is* a lot! And yep, Mike, I know I'll never take being thinner for granted. I do think about it every day, and I remember what it was like carrying around 50 extra pounds. People did treat me differently; heck, I treated myself differently. No one was harder on me than I was on myself, and I just can't go through that again. I *hated* how I looked, and hated myself for looking that way. I was in my twenties, supposed to be in the best shape of my life, but I was just fat and miserable, watching other people seem so at ease with themselves. Well, thanks to MF, I know I have the power to make sure I don't go through that again. Now I'm in my thirties, and I'm in the best shape of my life!

Maybe we should get some boxer shorts made up-- they can have the MF logo on the front leg, and "I.S.B." in huge letters right on the butt? I bet they'd be hot sellers!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Postby 24KaratGold » January 18th, 2005, 1:26 pm

Congrats, Rae! Wow that has to make you feel just great about yourself. Won't be long now before you are at goal -- I bet that makes for some great Valentine's Day plans. :twisted: :mrgreen:
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » January 19th, 2005, 12:18 am

:shock: Huh?!

What's this I hear? Wha...another case for the Diet Detective to figure out what happened in the case of the missing buns? Poor old Sleuth...he's been lookin' and not findin' any hineys!

Shake that skinny boo-tay, raederle!

Oh, yeah! Valentine's Day will be such a very sad affair for the Cherubs - picture this: the fat babies with wings will be flying around with arrows in their quivers with nuthin' to aim at!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby raederle » January 19th, 2005, 7:29 am

LOL -- Hubby and I are planning a long weekend in Vegas in mid-February, so I plan on wearin' a few things that might be a bit, um, inappropriate for the freezing temps on the east coast! (Of course, I also plan on taking along my shaker jar, a stash of bars, and some paper bowls for my morning oatmeal-- no buffets for me!)

;)
Last edited by raederle on January 21st, 2005, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Postby Nancy » January 20th, 2005, 1:24 am

Oh, you'll be having a good time, I'm sure!

We took RTDs & bars along with us. I also ha some MF+ Women's Health Shakes and took my oatmeal but alas, we did NOT have a nuclear box so I couldn't have my oatmeal the way I like it. I used some very hot BR sink water but it just wasn't the same so I had a shake for breakkie.

Taking MF along on vacations is important - IF you plan on making a program-diversion, use as much MF as possible to keep calories low, to maintain your schedule and drink lots of water - it is more difficut when you are traveling to bip into a BR but the water will help to keep you feeling your best.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Seven more pounds!

Postby Joan Roman » January 20th, 2005, 11:51 am

Wow! That has got to feel fab being that close Rae! It's also REALLY encouraging. Keep shrinking! :yes:

Joan
Joan Roman
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » January 20th, 2005, 5:50 pm

Joan ~

Yeah, :hmmm: how about that raederle? She's just 7 pounds away from Sweet Heaven! :boing:

You are doing a :hi5: super job yourself! :shades: I see you thinnin' and slimmin' away!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby raederle » January 20th, 2005, 9:31 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, and thanks for the tips on traveling with MF! My shaker jar fits well in my purse, and I promise to keep a bathroom in sight at all times!

You know, the funny thing is, now that I'm so close to the weight I've wanted to be since I was, oh, 15 years old, I'm finding that my path is just beginning, not ending... What I mean is, I always thought I'd someday reach my dream weight, then be able to *really* start living, eating what I want, doing what I want, and not having to answer to anyone anymore. Well, now I realize how silly that is! Making goal will be terrific, don't get me wrong! But it will be the start of another journey-- to keep the weight off and to refuse to allow myself to slip back into old habits. Losing all the weight in the world won't do me any good if I lapse back into eating out of boredom and sadness and anger instead of hunger.

Ah, well. One thing at a time, I suppose... I've got a ways to go before I have the right to hang out on the "Maintenance" forum, and enough problems to solve before thinking up new ones!

'Night, all. I raise my glass of water to you!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Postby Nancy » January 20th, 2005, 10:54 pm

rae ~
Making goal will be terrific, don't get me wrong! But it will be the start of another journey-- to keep the weight off and to refuse to allow myself to slip back into old habits. Losing all the weight in the world won't do me any good if I lapse back into eating out of boredom and sadness and anger instead of hunger.

Yep, yer gettin' it, all righty!

I USED to think the same thing - reach a particular weight or clothing size and then have whatever and how ever much I wanted. It was sort of a one time, cross the finish line and grab the trophy kinda thing.

El-wrong-a-rooney thinking!

The goal is to get rid of the flabbage, reach and MAINTAIN optimal health for a lifetime of wellness celebration.

You made a comment up above about your 11 pounds. I never dismiss 11 pounds as being insignificant we compared to someone else's 50 pounds, 75 pounds, 100 pounds or my 135 pounds. If a person is not at a healthy weight, it's not a Martha (a good thing!). 11 pounds can feel just as insurmountable as 111 when it is on YOUR bod.

Losing weight is HARD work.

Maintaining is harder yet but it IS possible and MF makes it easier than anything on the market we've ever used. It is convenient, low cost and totally portable.

Living life on the edge of all my possibilities today, tomorrow and 4 ever until the Lord comes for me!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room