Thinking about Medifast

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Thinking about Medifast

Postby pumkiepoo1 » October 2nd, 2005, 7:56 pm

I have tried and tried and tried everything. I have hit rock bottom, i am horribly depressed. I joined LA weightloss in May spent $3000 lost 15 pounds. I got an allergic reaction from bug spray on the 4th of july and was put on a steriod medication for 2 weeks which in that 2 weeks i gained 8 pounds. I got really embarassed from it and didn't want to go bafck to LA weightloss until i could loose that weight again but instead i gained back the 15 pounds i had lost and 5 more pounds. I've been trying to count calaries and cut down on what i'm eating but i'm sooo discouraged. I hate leaving my house. I just don't want to waste any more money. Is this program going to be worth my money? I really want some encouragment. Is the program easy to follow...is it mindless once you get the hang of it? I really need some help. I need to lose about 60 pounds.

Can anyone give me some good advice?

Is there like a 2 week starter kit or a sample kit i can try to see if it will be good for me or if i'm going to like the tastes of things?
Kristen
pumkiepoo1

Postby LisaNewYorkCity » October 3rd, 2005, 9:48 am

Hi Kristen,
I'm new too. I had ordered a sampler pack for $24.95 which included about 3 days worth of food to see if I could handle MF. I loved it and ordered a month supply after the second day on the sampler. You could also order enough boxes to get you through a week or 2. Each day you need 4 packs of food which could include cereal, soups, shakes (you are supposed to have 3 shakes a day). You need to also order a box of bars so that you can have one each day. You might also want to order a snack. You are allowed one a day, and MF sells crackers and "fast soups." I recommend the sampler, however, there will be a lapse in between the sampler and receiving more food, that is why I suggested individual boxes. I'm not aware of a 2 week kit. I would call the MF 800#--I'm sure they can help you. Good luck!
Lisa
LisaNewYorkCity

Postby Jan » October 3rd, 2005, 9:53 am

Hmmm
Easy to follow and mindless once you get the "hang of it" that just about describes it. 8) It is easy-- no measuring and weighing ( except of course the lean and green :mrgreen: ) We can do this program on automatic mode. Wow!! $3000 is a lot of money!!! This program is far far less expensive and of course you get all of your support for free. The only thing that you pay for is your food and you have to eat anyway. Might just as well eat things which are beneficial and help you part with the pounds. You'll have that weight gone before you know it. I myself lost 45 pounds in about 4 1/2 months and I have severe sleep apnea which really slows down weight loss!! Just do it -- it works -- no more hiding out at home!! I'll be watching for you :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby mytime » October 3rd, 2005, 7:36 pm

Kristen WELCOME - Honest to God I have done it ALL. A young intern of mine started LA Fitness and she is doing well and I started MF after her and well at this point she won't even make eye contact with me. I kind of told her about MF and she said she was sticking with LA b/c she had paid and I encouarged her - but I figure I will be well into maitenance by the time she is done. I really fought doing MF - didn't want another gimmic or wt loss that bounced rigth back. I am not a pack it up measure it control it kinda gal - NOPE. I need quick, easy and it BETTER TASTE GOOD. Well I can tell you MF is the greatest miracle in my life - next to my husband and our children. I have NEVER felt better. No lie - the first couple of weeks are tough - but totally doable - TOTALLY. The only regret I have is that I didn't find it 10 years ago. You can do this. I say buy one month - trust me you do not want to start and stop. It will be a fraction of what you have spent thus far and if you are ready for a change MF will get you there quickly. Whatever you decide best of luck to you !!!! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby betz » October 4th, 2005, 3:39 am

Hi Kristen,

Get ready to be amazed. This WORKS. It absolutley works. Personally, I wouldn't bother with a sampler. Get a one month kit and dive in. After my first month all I could think is "why didn't I look for this sooner".

The rules are simple. 5 medifast meals (no more than one being a bar), one lean and green and as much water as you can suck down. You'll feel best if you time your meals out to every 2 or 3 hours... and don't STOP because the beauty is in the ketosis. When you're doing the program correctly and not cheating...that's when you get into maximum burn.

What gets me the most, even more than the weight loss is how really good I feel--the soy protein has really helped me a lot.

Oh, and many report that their hair and nails grow faster/stronger. :)

Welcome!
betz
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.