I think I would like to start some food......

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Dayna » January 16th, 2006, 7:27 pm

Cindy,

I must throw my support behind the straw bandwagon. I haven't tried the medifast shakes yet (start tomorrow!), but I used Atkins shakes for a while, and when I first started them I thought the smell was going to be enough to put me off eating altogether. :shock: As someone else said, I have a hunch it's the soy protien involved - soy seems to have a very distinctive smell (and taste) that can take a while to get used to. Drinking it very cold certainly helps, but I also recommend the bendy-top straws instead of the straight ones. Being able to bend the end of the straw away from the opening of the can/glass seemed to help keep my nose out of the line of fire, and made drinking much easier.
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » January 17th, 2006, 12:33 am

Yep, all the bases have been covered very nicely! :lol:

Thank you very much! :bow:

The Strawberry shakes are not very good when made Quick & Dirty Style: shaken in the shaker jar with water.

They are definitely best made smoothie-style in the blender.

I like them berried up a little bit more because it seems to me that the berry flavor disappears somewhat.

I put 6-8 ounces of water into the blender, a generous 1/8th teaspoon of dry Crystal Light™ Raspberry Ice flavor powder mix and the Medifast Strawberry powder.

I blend it for a couple of minutes to make it really creamy and smooth. I add one and a half cups of crushed ice and whirl until icy and smooth. :heart: Love it! I’ve also used the Strawberry-Orange-Bananner tropical blend of C.L. in a strawberry shake and it was mighty fine, too. 8)

Hah! :mrgreen: Regarding Vicky’s berries growing in her kitchen…I had a tsunami of sorts myself when I made my first Shake Float…

to <safely>make a shake using diet pop – you need a really tall glass, not just a shaker jar!

:shock: Do NOT shake a skaker jarful of pop with the shake powder or you will not be a happy loser! The dog will be lickin’ the kitchen floor…

To make a shake float, pour a few ounces of diet pop into the blender, dump in the shake packet and blend on low until the shake is smooth.

Slowly add a bit more of the diet pop. Whirl and add crushed ice until it is thick and frosty.

You can make the :twisted: disgusting French Vanilla shake into a frosty Root Beer float in this manner. I had one the other day and made it in our Magic Bullet. Because the mug is not huge on the MB, I didn’t use the entire can of diet Barq’s.

Once I got the float blended and as icy as I wanted it, I took it to my desk and after I slurped down some of it, I poured some more of the diet pop down the side of the mug. Not bad! It definitely needs a bendy straw.

Bendy straws even make egggag* semi-palatable!

P.S. *I cannot stand egg-gag-nog… :puke:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.