I think I'm stalling already :(

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I think I'm stalling already :(

Postby Lisa in NY » September 6th, 2005, 5:32 am

Well, it's been about one month since I've started Medifast and I am thrilled with a 15 lb. loss! However, that was lost in the first 2 1/2 weeks. Since then, the scale has not budged, and I just came back from a 3-day family vacation and stuck to the program 100% (which would have been unheard of any other time in my life!). I will post my meal schedule here and ask if any of you see anything 'wrong'. I should let you know that I have trouble getting all my water in - I probably only get half (32 oz.) of the recommended amount daily, but I've just bought myself two six-packs of flavored water which should help a little.

Should I start exercising? I haven't been exercising at all since I started Medifast. Before that, I was walking outside or treadmilling about 4 times a week for 30 mins. Will that make a difference now? I REALLY don't want to give up the bars since I feel that is my only "indulgence" and I look forward to my 3PM bar treat.

Thanks for any advice - here's my schedule:

8:00 AM - Oatmeal
10:00 - Shake
1:00 PM - Soup w/wo crackers
3:00 - Bar
5:30 - L&G
9:00 or 10:00 PM - Pudding
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby gr8bnme » September 6th, 2005, 5:44 am

I'm not an expert. But I think your schedule looks good. The problem is probably the water. I think 64oz is the minimum water intake. The water helps to wash all the bad stuff away (i think?) so it's really an important part of the plan.

I'm pretty sure the exercise will help too, but you probably need more then 64oz of water if you exercise and sweat.

I'm sure some other people will post with more ideas.

Good Luck! You are doing great!
5'0", 31
Started MF: 7/16/05
192/120 -- Reached Goal 6/2006!
gr8bnme
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » September 6th, 2005, 7:43 am

I'd say it's definitely the water. 64 ounces is the absolute minimum. Some now advise taking your weight, dividing that number by 2, and the result is the number of ounces you should have a day. So for me, at 187, divided by 2, I should be having about 94 ounces of water a day. And I usually do. When I was starting, around 270, I didn't drink 135 ounces, but I bet I was hitting 90-100 pretty consistently. I definitely notice that my weight loss slows or stalls if I don't get it all in.

I'd suggest that for this week you make a real effort not only to stay compliant with the program (your schedule looks good), but also to make sure you are getting at least 64 ounces of water a day. I bet if you do that scale will show a good loss on Sunday. I wouldn't worry about increasing exercise. Nancy lost most of her weight without adding exercise, and so have I. Later on down the road adding some might be helpful, but near the beginning you are better off not adding a lot of exercise because you are not taking in enough calories to support it.

Good luck.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Lisa in NY » September 6th, 2005, 7:56 am

Thank you - I am going to work on drinking at least the 64 oz. daily! I am not giving up - I love this program too much!

Lisa
"Life's more painless for the brainless"...Scarecrow in WICKED
Lisa in NY
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » September 6th, 2005, 12:36 pm

Water is a key component when Medifasting.

Exercise is certainly part of the BeSlim philosophy for weight control and yet during the initial phase of weight loss, it can be detrimental if it is overdone. People who have a considerable amount of weight to lose can wait for a while before beginning a formal exercise routine and do best by parking their car further from the door at the mall and to gradually increase their walking distances. When we are rather overweight it can cause joint problems...

People lose weight at different rates - medications, general health status, sleep patterns, stress, TOM for females, etc. can all affect weight loss rates. Be sure to eat on time, never skip meals...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lisa Renee » September 6th, 2005, 9:42 pm

I don't usually loose if I wait more than 3 hours to eat. I don't usually loose if I drink less than 80 oz of water a day. I have to have that water, it's as if it moves the fat along out of my body. You can't do this without the water, plain and simple. My health advisor wrote something in her newsletter than I keep going over and over again in my mind when I am sick of water... HOW MUCH WEIGHT YOU LOOSE IS IN DIRECT RELATION TO HOW MUCH WATER YOU DRINK.

Good luck, you can do it!
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room