Hi there!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi there!

Postby Swimmom » January 20th, 2006, 9:31 am

Hi all,

I have been lurking around your boards for a day and thought I should introduce myself. I am a Midwestern mother of the two most wonderful girls on earth, ages 11 and 17, and a registerd nurse. I have tried everything under the sun in my quest to lose weight and now have more to lose than I ever did before, 80lbs. I know that it isn't as much as others, but to me it isjust as painful as anyone else's extra weight.

Most of my life I have been athletic and could lose weight easily, but life gets in the way -- kids, nursing school, yo-yo dieting and my husband's accident (long story, fill you in another day). I just don't seem to pull it all together anymore.

A meeting with my aunt coming up in April (we were very close long ago) has pushed me to try MF. Hopefully I can stick with it.

Swimmom
Swimmom

Postby cydj21 » January 20th, 2006, 9:38 am

Welcome, Swimmom! :D You have come to a great place. Today is day six for me...and I cannot believe how well things seem to be going. I cannot wait to weigh-in on Sunday!

I have gotten a lot of really great early advice and support. No matter how much you have to lose, losing weight is a battle and with friends like the people here on the Medifast forum, you are destined to win. :hug:

Congratulations on making your first big step! :goodluck:
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

swimmom

Postby Jan » January 20th, 2006, 11:47 am

Hi there Swimmom,
Welcome Welcome Welcome. We are very very happy to have you join us and let us know you're here. Everyone on the forum is more than happy to help you along your partin' with the pounds journey. We are always here for you.
Now as to sticking with it -- don't even give yourself that option. You can stick with it -- you can part with the pounds and learn how to keep them off forever. I know you can do it I'll be watching for you.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.