Their Herrrreeee!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Their Herrrreeee!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 15th, 2006, 12:55 pm

:-P My first order came in today.

I am starting tomorrow morning.

If I happen to get "quiet" over the next few days..no worries I REFUSE to cheat..Jus,t I might get cranky(I am a redhead) and when I don't have something nice to say it's better to not say anything at all. lol
Then again , I might get freakishly chatty... :roll: only time will tell. :?

My understanding is that I can have five supplements of any mix and match except the bars which only one of a day. I can have 1 lean and green meal consisting of: 7 oz chicken, turkey, or fish or 5 oz of lean pork, beef or lamb. and Salad...along with acceptable veggies on the list.
Where would I buy a food scale? Drugstore? :?:

64 oz of water +(Thanks for the reminder unca);)

Also, I can have up to three stalks of celery or two dill pickles a day stocking up on those items along with sugarfree jello, gum, mints, bouillon. Also, some low fat low carb dressings, some sugarfree syrup(for flavoring) nonstick lowfat cooking spray.

Honestly, my feelings may change but at this particular time..I wouldn't care if this taste like cardboard..as long as I know its giving me the proper nutrion and I am loseing weight I plan on sticking with this.
I need to come out of "hiding" I need to LIVE again.

Thanks for putting up with my excessivelly long post..lol
If I have forgotten anything please do feel free to inform me I am more then open to suggestions!

Preparing to 'Shake' my butt off!!!

Hugs,
Gina

Edited to add my water :mrgreen:
Last edited by Ginabobina1969 on February 15th, 2006, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby FORMOMMY » February 15th, 2006, 1:02 pm

Welcome Gina! I started on 1/23/06 so I am still an newbie - but what you listed seems right to me on what you can eat. I am very excited for you and I think you will like most of the replacement meals. There are tons of ideas for doctoring them up if you need to - or to just change it up.

Good luck to you and I will be waiting to hear about your shrinking adventures :)

As for the scale, you can get them just about any where - Target, Walmart, Walgreens (or any drugstore). I am thinking that the chain stores will be cheaper.

Shakin your butt off - HA - you made me laugh out loud :lol:
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 15th, 2006, 1:25 pm

Hey Gina! You have a GREAT plan! I advise reading, rereading, and rereading the quick start book! It is a LIFE SAVER!!! It is chock full of important info that will help you achieve your ultimate goal!! :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 15th, 2006, 1:41 pm

Gina

Don't worry if you get cranky you can still come and vent away :redhead: we all just know in advance to run for cover when we see your name over the next few days :roflmao: You seem to have everything down to a science. The only thing is I was not sure if you thought you have 2C salad and 1 1/2 C veggies. You have either or but not both. I know that on the salad you can have 1/4C raw veggies and maybe that is what you meant? My brain is not up to par today for some reason. :scratch:

Shake away you will be thinny in no time :cheers:

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

cucumbers

Postby Bokkie » February 15th, 2006, 1:44 pm

Hi!!!
I am semi new to MF. I started 2/1/06. My life saver is sliced cucumber with salt, and dill, or chili powder. I am a "salty snacks" girl, and these make me happy. They are cold and refreshing and
I can put as much or as little salt as I want.
Bokkie

where to get a scale

Postby JustLynda » February 15th, 2006, 1:45 pm

If you can afford it, splurge on a digital scale. They're so much easier to use!!!--and definitely worth the extra money. I have one that I bought from Target a few years ago for $15 and I love it.

I'm still waiting on my first order (it's been about 1 1/2 weeks...does it always take that long???) I'm definitely ordering from here next time.

I'm excited that so many people will/are starting about the same time as I will be. Sounds like you all have great ideas!
Start Date: February 18, 2006
JustLynda
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 15th, 2006, 1:45 pm

One of THE most important parts of the plan.
Dont forget your water!!

:water:

Minimum 64oz.
One rule of thumb is your weight/2 in ounces...
Happy Shakin',
:cheers:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Thank Yuu all!!!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 15th, 2006, 2:01 pm

Thanks you all for all the encouragement and input. Will look for a digital food scale. And the cucumber and salt sounds delicious on or off a diet.
:)

I sorted out a weeks worth of meals...I don't think I am gonna feel very much like making many decisions over the next few days so that will make it easier.

Couple questions...I am understanding that I can replace my lean meat with 2 eggs? No more then three times a week, is that correct?
Also, Can I break my lean and green meal into two different times of the day? Example: 2 eggs for breakfast then a salad for dinner?
And, if that is or isn't allowable. Is it okay to eat the lean green meal at say 2 or 3 in the afternoon instead of dinnertime?

Okay, hopefully that wasn't too confusing.

HUgs, Gina

Ginabobina1969

Postby 2BHealthy » February 15th, 2006, 2:03 pm

Gina,

I don't know about splitting the meal but you are right about the eggs and you can have your lean and green at any time. I had mine at lunch today.
Linda
2BHealthy

Postby Lizabette » February 15th, 2006, 2:10 pm

Gina,

You have an incredible attitude. You want to LIVE again, no matter what.

I will tell you, though, I don't think you will have to worry about eating cardboard. The longer I am on MF, the better the meal replacements taste. I can hardly wait until the next meal and I never have too long to wait!

It looks like you have done your homework on the plan---the more the better! Pretty soon you will be helping other newbies out with all your good ideas and support.

No way you can fail!

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby falisamarie » February 15th, 2006, 2:26 pm

Gina

You can not split your lean and green sorry :( However the eggs are just fine.

Bookie this is an old post I found and I am not sure if it has changed so hopefully Nancy will let us know....

24KaratGold asked:

Since dill pickles are just cucumbers in brine, I wonder if I could eat two fresh cucumbers

Nancy replied:

Nope...no cucumbers to replace the dill picklers unless they are eaten as the 'green' in your Lean n' Green meal and if so, the veggies need to be eaten WITH the meat to make the meal a proper balance of protein to carbs

Like I said this might have changed and maybe cucumbers are legal snacks but I would wait to hear from Nancy on it.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby MusicalMomma » February 15th, 2006, 2:34 pm

OK, I would like to know why I can't have cucumber as a snack IN PLACE OF dill pickles. I haven't done this, but it really makes no sense to me. I understand the answer is "no" on this, but this time I just need to know why. Pickles are just cucumbers in A LOT of sodium and vinegar. Not two whole cucumbers mind you, but the equivilent size of two dill pickle spears.
MusicalMomma

Postby cydj21 » February 15th, 2006, 7:15 pm

This confuses me also. I am sure Nancy or someone will chime in soon and explain it all. 8)
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Nancy » February 16th, 2006, 10:15 am

Hi, Kids ~

Sounds like Gina is ready to get things shakin' here and is all prepared for thinniness to happen to her, too. Welcome to you and thank you everyone for helping each other along.

Let me answer your two questions here, Gina and then elaborate more on the cucumber issue.

re: I am understanding that I can replace my lean meat with 2 eggs? No more then three times a week, is that correct?

Exactamundo

Can I break my lean and green meal into two different times of the day? Example: 2 eggs for breakfast then a salad for dinner?

Nope

And, if that is or isn't allowable. Is it okay to eat the lean green meal at say 2 or 3 in the afternoon instead of dinnertime?

Yup. You can have it for brunch, lunch, linner or dinner.

re: cukes as a snack...

Generally for a snack, Medifast recommends that we have one snack per day. The snack can be any of the following: 2 dill pickles, 3 celery stalks, 1 c Sugar-free Jell-O, 1 Bouillon, 1 Packet of Medifast Crackers, or 1 Medifast Fast Soup.

The reason we recommend only one snack per day is due to the additional carbohydrates and calories. When we are on the weight loss phase of the program we try to maintain between 80-85 grams of carbohydrates and 800-1000 calories to stay in the mild dietary state of ketosis.

Cucumbers are un-brined dilled pickles. True. If we say that it is ok to have cucumbers for a snack, then this is what people will do - they will get their high heels and furcoats on, get their hair all fussied up and stomp off to Wally World SuperDuper Mart Grocery Center and haul home a truckload of English Cucumbers or those big honkin' cukes from the garden and nosh away all afternoon on them -

Cukes are mostly water but they do have carbs. The average medium cuke has 8 carbs, a biggy has 12. One large dill pickle has about 3 carbs max.

Part of what we are learning is to eat balanced meals - each Medifast packet is already balanced perfectly in terms of protein to carbs to fats. We do not want to add more carbs or fat to it by adding little extra things to a Medifast packet. All we need for a three hour window is in that little foil-lined packet.

If we get hungry between meals, we need to look at our schedule - have we been eating our meals on time? Going longer than three hours is not the best for most of us and when we stretch out the time between meals too often or too long, hunger returns and we start cruising the cupboards.

When a person has little snackster episodes multiple times during the day, we are upping the carb levels and we need to remember that we are in a very mild dietary state of ketosis here - it is what empowers us to not have cravings and to experience hunger, it is what makes it possible for Gwenski to stick to her plan for all this time, it is what allowed me to stick to my program for 7 months, to go thru the transition phase for 2 months - transition and maintenance are HARDER, People because we are not in the fat-burning state and this is when hunger returns!

When we follow the TSFL Program, we will be in the fat-burning state, our energy level will be good and our muscle tissue will be spared.

Medifast uses a specific ratio of protein to carbs. When you mess with the plan - yes, adding just a little more meat or a little less green vegetable, you can get the balance out of whack and then hunger returns.

Having additional carbs throughout the day can make us crave more. It isn't easy, is it?

I feel like I have to be on my guard all the time or I will slip off into a fooder. I must plan my meals daily and stick to my plan. Sometimes I feel like I am still a teacher - writing daily/weekly lesson plans!

I doubt that I will ever be 'cured' in a sense from wanting to eat praline turtle pie or wanting to scarf down a whole loaf of hot french bread while standing in the check-out line at the Safeway (I avoid shopping from 4-6 PM for that very reason!) and it takes discipline to daily walk the narrow way. I do not always win but I am better off than I ever thought possible. Follow the guidelines, Gina - the narrow way is the best way. You will be more likely to reach your goal and stay there when you begin your program with the mindset of not tweaking anything. Your determination and red hair will get you there - be stubborn about following it - look at others who have made it - they don't tweak!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Thanks!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 16th, 2006, 10:37 am

Thanks Again everyone for the warm welcome and answering those questions. Of course, I have a few more. lol :roll:

So, I am allowed ONE snack a day consisted of EITHER(sugarfree jello -How much?) OR three celery sticks OR 2 dill pickles Or a cup of boullion OR one of the MF snack choices? Do I have that right? :? Or am I cornfused?

*edited to say I WAS cornfused :? Thanks Nancy I see now you already answered that question. :oops:

Also, does anyone know if the South Beach Diet low carb dressings are okay?

Hopefully thats all the ?'s I have...thanks again all!

Ginabobina1969

Next

Return to Come on in.