The year is half over!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

The year is half over!

Postby jump4joy » July 1st, 2006, 4:10 pm

Today marks the first day of the 2nd half of this year. Did you make any New Year's resolutions six months ago, and how are you doing?

Today would be a good day for each of us to think about and examine our goals and what we'd like to accomplish in the remaining six months of 2006...a Mid-Year Resolution Day!

Happy July 1st, everyone!!!

Joy :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby sheila » July 1st, 2006, 5:23 pm

I agree, Joy, that is a wonderful idea. I resolve to finish what I started. I have just kinda been in limbo lately. Its time to get serious about this again. I need that same dedication that I had when I 1st started MF. I guess that part of my problem is that I am stating to get comfortable with my current weight. I mean, I lost 40 lbs, and thats great, but its not my goal. I just started thinking, Well, 163 lbs isnt bad, I could live with this number. No, i really cant, not happily, anyway. Its time to get serious again and give this plan as much detication as I did back in February.
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 1st, 2006, 9:28 pm

Hi,
Great idea! Happy July 1 to you too!

Sheila,
You've done so well. If you choose to stay where you are, that's your choice. I think if you really wanted to stay where you are, you wouldn't be posting anymore. If you want to keep going...I've got your back! We all have your back!

As for as myself, I am pretty much on schedule. I'm hoping to be at goal by the end of August. Then I'll start transition and maintenance. I'm doing okay, the rest of the year is looking pretty good to me! I FINALLY see a light at the end of a tunnel, and it ISN'T a train!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Prancer » July 2nd, 2006, 6:48 am

I didnt make any type of resolution on January 1 so I think July 1 is a good time to do what I was afraid to do then. I resolve to actually committ myself to doing this for the last time. Losing the weight and no more excuses.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby smartipantz » July 2nd, 2006, 6:29 pm

I think my goal will be to hit my goal and be successful with maintenance like Dede.

What a great accomplishment for 2006.......... lose all my weight and keep it off by the end of the year!!! How sweet is that!!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby jump4joy » July 2nd, 2006, 7:43 pm

You're already looking FABULOUS, Smarti, so close to goal! I was so glad that I got to meet you and Jan at the airport today. You are so beautiful, your picture doesn't do you justice!

Joy :heart:
jump4joy

Postby Unca_Tim » July 2nd, 2006, 9:34 pm

You do look FANTASTIC Smarti!

Great seeing you at conference. I started a thread in the Business forum for comments. Pics allowed too.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread Joy. Great idea about planning the 2nd half of our year.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby jump4joy » July 2nd, 2006, 10:44 pm

No problemo, Unca! I can't wait to hear all about this year's conference and see everybody's pics.

I didn't write what my half-year goal was (but I meant to!)....if I can continue to lose at a 2 lb. a week average, I will be at goal weight by my next birthday, January 7th. So that's it....just to keep on keeping on...slow and steady wins the race!

Joy
jump4joy

Return to The Weight Room