On the go

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

On the go

Postby mytime » June 16th, 2005, 8:27 pm

I am trying to plan in order to start and wanted to know if anyone had tried the premade shakes and how they taste compared to those you mix yourself. I have two small children and work way too much. I need something I can just gulp :roll: Thank you.
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Pre-made shakes

Postby Jan » June 16th, 2005, 11:27 pm

Hi there,
I use both the pre-made and the shake it yourself type. The pre-mades are 8oz and a little creamier than the shake it yourself type. I like both but make my shakes with about 10oz of water so they are a bit larger than the pre-made. My daughter uses mostly pre-made and she likes them.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby TEEZS2K » June 17th, 2005, 7:07 am

I liked them too. They are creamier like a slimfast consistency. Taste is richer since I usually mix my shakes with more water and ice. They are definetly convient and when your in a group of people it is much easier to just grab a to-go box out of your purse than it is to prepare a packet and shake. I am tired of people asking if I am really eating enough. Were going on vacation soon and I want some for that!
On my way to Self Confidence!
Started MF 6/5/05
week 1 - 8#loss
week 2 - 4#loss

TEEZS2K
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby beautifulb » June 17th, 2005, 8:25 am

Hello mytime,

I ordered a case of the ready to drink (RTD)chocolate shakes and really liked them. They remind me of chocolate milk. They are very convenient when you don't have time and are on the go. I use them alot on the weekends and when traveling. I have noticed however that they don't seem to fill me up like the shakes that you have to make.

I like that you are planning ahead. It will help you tremendoulsy in your weight loss journey. When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Welcome and happy losing!:cheers:

Tena
Beatena
beautifulb

One day at a time...nothing worthwhile comes easy!
RE-started Medifast 3/3/08
296/275.6/145
beautifulb
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Diet Diva » June 17th, 2005, 10:43 am

Welcome!

I hope you enjoy this forum--it's a great place to get all you questions answered and find support. I haven't yet tried the ready to drink shakes, but know many medifasters that rave about the convenience factor which appeals to just about all of us. I have a really hectic schedule and am always looking for ways to save time and make things as easy as possible to be "on the go" like you mentioned. One thing that has worked for me is to fix an extra shake and a lunch soup during my breakfast ( shake) time. I mix my mid morning shake and pour in a water bottle with plenty of ice to keep it cold, and then nuke my lunch soup. I've also found that by preparing my soup first thing in the morning and letting it sit until lunch that I avoid the problem of having a 'crunchy' soup since the beans and noodles always have time to 'perk up' and my soups are just perfect .... I pack my snack, lunch and then a pm snack--usually a mfast bar. They go in my travel lunch box and I'm set until about 6-7 pm when I make it back home for dinner. I have been able to manage this for almost 6 months. I only eat 2 meals a day at home, and sometimes only 1 ---so it is possible to use medifast on the go. That is truly one of the great conveniences of the program. Either way, regardless of which medifast products you use, you will find the best way to manage your meals.

I wish you luck. Hang in there and you will definitely get to your goal.
Take care,

Diet Diva
238/165/110
Start date 12/23/05
Diet Diva
Trusted Member - #90 Club

on the go

Postby mytime » June 17th, 2005, 8:44 pm

I would like to thank each of you for writing to me. I am going shopping tonight with a goal of ordering everything by the end of the weekend. I have never been on a message board before or actually asked for help and it took me three days of reading everyones answers to get up the courage to write. Honestly I am just very impressed with how much everyone really supports each other and wants to help. I have been overweight my entire life and have tried many diets. But always alone. I want to thank you in advance for your support and feel perhaps support has what has been missing. I have yet to choose a D day but you can be sure I will be writing all about it. Continued success to everyone.
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.