Temptation resisted

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Temptation resisted

Postby aphrael » February 16th, 2006, 12:46 pm

Things have been going well thus far. I have kept on track and for the most part don't even want off plan food these days. Mostly because I have been too stressed and teired to think of food. I have however gone through almost a full case of RTD's in the past couple weeks.

So today I had to support a meeting and it was held durring lunch. The lunch was also free to me as well. Having eatten here before I knew that they had a salad bar, but often lacked anything that would fall into the catagory of "lean meat." Lucky for me the food was off in another room that you had to go get and bring back. So I drank my RTD on the way to the meeting and when I got there I took a seat in the back at a table by myself where everyone elses backs were to me and I couldn't see all the food they were bring back.

After that meeting I had to stop at a drug store to pick up some stuff and was tempted by all the half off valentines day candy. I actually found myself looking at all the preaty boxes thinking oh I will get one and bring it back to the office, I won't actually eat any of it. I pulled myself together, got a bottle of water and some sugar free mints with my other stuff and stood in line. As I was standing there the whole front of the cheek out counter is candy. A lot of it was on sale too. The lady behind me just started picking up stuff an tossing it in her basket. I could tell by the way she was looking at it and slecting items that were only on sale she was just getting it becuase it was on sale, not becuase she was like hay you know I want that. One thing was a special on blow pops and she comeneted that she didn't really like grape but took it anyways becuase it was a sale item. I realize that is how I use to be, if it is on sale I will get it just becuase, not becuase I need it, or really wanted it. I would eat just becuase it was there. So I left the candy at the store came back to my office and made myself some Medifast hot chooclate with marshmellow syrup.

One small step of success, and a great feeling inside that I know I can stick with the program.

Have a great day everyone.
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 16th, 2006, 1:03 pm

Good for you!!! That is quite an accomplishment. It is always easier to justify buying stuff and by stuff I mean "junk" when it is on sale but you resisted. Good for you and a big step in the right direction.

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

WAY TO GO!!!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 16th, 2006, 1:06 pm

You did great!!! Isn't it empowering to say no to the old habits?!! WOOHOOO! WAY TO GO!! We're so proud of you!!

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Marseilles » February 16th, 2006, 2:02 pm

So awesome! I would struggle with the valentines day candy as well, I am a chocolate junkie. Amazing willpower Aphreal, Im impressed!

Cheers!
-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby MusicalMomma » February 16th, 2006, 3:21 pm

WAY TO GO APHRAEL!!!! You REALLY did great!!! I too would have TRUELY struggled with the 1/2 off valentines day candy! I loves me some chocolate!!!! haha!! Way to go!!! You Rock!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Soon2bFitSonja » February 16th, 2006, 5:33 pm

WAY TO GO aphrael!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbig:

Start Date: April 4, 2006
173.6/???/134
Soon2bFitSonja
Trusted Member

Postby 2BHealthy » February 16th, 2006, 7:44 pm

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to pass by the candy today too and I just turned my head and kept walking....FAST!!! :lol:
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Loribug » February 18th, 2006, 8:01 pm

I actually stopped and smelled awhile! :hammerhead:
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lizabette » February 18th, 2006, 8:54 pm

You done good, Aphrael! :hi5:

I think we should all carry our pledge card to resist temptation of anything not on MF...and of course to support all our MF buddies who need it!

Then, when we open our purse or wallet, there it is. What do you think, Gina? :yes:

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to The Weight Room