STUCK AT 20 LB LOSS

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

STUCK AT 20 LB LOSS

Postby from Amelie » July 30th, 2005, 8:58 pm

I was so happy that I lost 20 lbs in a little over a month. I'm only 4'11 and that kind of weight loss is very apparent. However, It's now two weeks since that weight loss and my scale is not moving! I have done everything and even went without the meal and just Medifast. Nothing happening. What is your advice? Help! :?
from Amelie

Postby martha » August 1st, 2005, 9:41 am

AMELIE--

Sorry about being late with this.. have alot going on at this end..
Now-- sometimes we lose alot and then our bodies have to adjust to it.. you are losing inches I am sure and that is GREAT!!! Are you compliant with the program and not eating off the plan? if so then are you getting in all of your water??this is very important.. don't give up as 1 day you will get on the scale and the weight loss will be there.. :mrgreen: Make sure you don't skip any meals as this will slow down the weight loss as will over exercising.. I know this from experience.. Just hang in there and you will start to see a big change soon..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby kimalexrn » August 1st, 2005, 9:58 am

Amelie,

Dont worry if your scale hasn't moved in a while. You've just hit a plateau. I went through a 2 week plateau. My scale didn't budge. I stayed compliant, then all of a sudden the scale started moving again. So hang in there.

Kim
Kim

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5Thil4/]
[/url]

Started MF 5/09/05
250/200/170
Started AGAIN 07/15/08
249/200/160
kimalexrn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby aphrael » August 1st, 2005, 10:34 am

Amelie,

Don't stress over the scale not moving. I hit a rock after only 14lbs. Nancy told me to add a few more glasses of water, I am now drinking 12 glasses a day and the weight loss has resumed. Don't let it bother you, take a break from the scale if you need to.
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby LeeannNH » August 1st, 2005, 11:08 am

hi amelie

im sorry you are experiencing a plateau. if i were you i would wait to weigh yourself for 10 days. maybe measure yourself and then measure yourself again then? im just thinking about what i would do in your situation. i know how discouraged i get when i stall. ugh! :x i hope this doesnt sound goofy, i just want to help!

i also hear that folks hit plateaus after significant loss. and at your height 20# is very significant! you are doing GREAT so hang in there! ;)

leeann
:mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room