Stuck and confused

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Stuck and confused

Postby katie&3 » August 27th, 2006, 8:34 am

Help!!

I am still relatively new to MF but have already run into a problem. Maybe it's not a problem at all and someone might have a suggestion. I just finished week #4 and all excited to weight in. My heart sank when the scale didn't move. Would have taken anything I can get, but nothing? I followed the plan to a T. I didn't drink as much water as I probably should have. Could that have been the reason for no weight loss? Starting week 5 now, and a little nervous to step on the scale next Sunday. Any suggestions? Should I be exercising now?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
katie&3

Postby GucciGoo » August 27th, 2006, 8:45 am

You didn't mention how much you lost so far? Was it just this week you did not lose? If so, that happens sometimes and it sucks. It is just your body trying to fight off the loss. I am sure next week, things will be back to normal!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Elizabeth » August 27th, 2006, 10:32 am

I'm assuming you didn't lose just this week, right? Well, the less you need to lose the slower you will lose, say compared to someone as overweight as me. It can be a number of things. You just be proud you followed the program to a "T"! Great job! Your effort will show up soon...just sorry it didn't show up today on roll call day.
It could be hormones, water retention...the drinking water will probably help...constipation, etc.
Hang in there...it will come.
Elizabeth

Postby Prancer » August 27th, 2006, 12:33 pm

I think it is typical to hit the first plateau in the 3rd to 5th weeks some time. It wont last long tho.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dede4wd » August 27th, 2006, 12:44 pm

I hit my first plateau right around there. Just keep sticking to it, concentrate on the water and if it continues next week, let us know. I got some great advice and got through 3 plateaus so far...You're doing good!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » August 27th, 2006, 3:06 pm

Katie ~ Did you not lose anything for the week or for 4 weeks? Inquiring minds want to know.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Stuck on week 4

Postby katie&3 » August 29th, 2006, 2:14 pm

Thank you all for the rah rah! It's great to know the people are rooting for you. It was just the one week I didn't lose, but overall for 4 weeks I have lost 12 pounds. I guess I just want to see that scale move every week. It feels great to see it finally move after so many diets failed. Thanks again for all the support.
[/url]
katie&3

Postby alohacate » August 29th, 2006, 6:28 pm

I think you have to take into consideration your height, the amount of weight you need to lose etc. You did mention that your water intake might have been low - I would look at this closer. YOU CAN DO THIS, we can do this together!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Aerie » August 29th, 2006, 8:47 pm

Aww no worries. If you follow the program the weight will come off. Just keep shaking!
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » August 30th, 2006, 1:02 pm

Hi there! I can relate to what you are going through. Sept 1 will make one month for me. I lost 15 pounds so far, but I was hoping for at least 20 pounds lost this month. I did feel a little discouraged since the scale hasn't been moving as rapidly as I want it too.

I do have to take into consideration that I am 5'2" and right now I weigh 155 pounds. My goal is to lose another 35 pounds. Like you, I've been following the program to a T. So I figure 15 pounds is alot at one time for my body to handle and will take a little time to release more fat. Meanwhile, I've been noticing my shape has been changing. My poochie belly is going away :whoohoo: and all of my clothes are getting baggy.

Let's not let the scale drag us down...... We can do this! :goteam:

Keep on shakin'! :yay:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

thanks

Postby katie&3 » August 30th, 2006, 2:12 pm

Again, thanks for the encouragement. I'm trying to drink more water again. Added some Crystal Light to help chug it down. Will let you know on Sunday when I weigh again if that helped.
[/url]
katie&3

Postby Allie » August 30th, 2006, 4:14 pm

I also just finished my fourth week and have lost 13lbs. I was really hoping for faster results, but I'll take it. I have been having some cheats like having a hardboiled egg after a work out, but have managed to stay away from all my old favorite snacks, and let me tell you, the french fries were calling.

I have noticed that my butt is smaller, and have had to tighten my belt one notch.

Keep on shaking and don't get discouraged. We can do it.

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

smaller

Postby katie&3 » August 31st, 2006, 1:41 pm

I know what you mean about losing a little butt. I have also noticed a great loss in the belly. I can wear pants, shorts, without having to lie on the bed to get them on and have that roll roll over the top of my pants. The roll is almost gone, and I can pull off my jeans without unbuttoning them. Pretty cool.
[/url]
katie&3

Postby ascicles » August 31st, 2006, 2:08 pm

Another thread about not losing weight...another person who isn't drinking enough water. This person gets credit though, because she mentioned it in the initial post rather than not bringing it up until someone asked.

Unca should put a sticky at the top of this forum called, "THE REASON YOU ARE STUCK IS BECAUSE YOU AREN'T DRINKING ENOUGH WATER".

Please?
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Return to The Weight Room