Stuck again :(

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Stuck again :(

Postby Kathy » March 21st, 2006, 9:24 pm

Well I am stuck at the same weight again :( I am following the program and had great success the first week, then stopped loosing. I posted about the problem at that time and with the help of several people made some adjustments by drinking more water, making sure I was taking in enough calories and drinking my last shake later in the evening to make sure I got them all in. After a couple days of the changes I lost 5 lbs. But I have not lost anymore weight. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks on the plan and I have lost 22 lbs which is great but I am still worried about why I am not loosing again. I had some problems with constipation and actually gained about 3 lbs, but lost those in a few days. I feel bloated and can tell I must be retaining water because my ring feels tighter on my finger. I am drinking lots of water and feel like I am in the bathroom constantly. The only change I have made is that I started to eat the chili and one pack of crackers for lunch instead of drinking a shake. Could that be a problem? Would I loose more weight if I just drank the shakes for all my meals and would it help if I did away with the L&G and did the 6 shakes a day? I keep telling myself if I just hang on and stick with the program I will start loosing again but after almost 2 weeks I am feeling really discouraged. I have not started an exercise program yet but would like to start walking and riding the exercise bike since I am at 4 weeks now. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I love the Medifast and feel so much better since I started it, I have lots of energy and require less sleep. I used to drink a lot of diet pepsi but since starting the program I have no desire to drink it and just want water so that is another good thing. There are lots of improvements in how I feel, if I could just loose some weight again. . .
Kathy
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby lise » March 21st, 2006, 9:56 pm

Your body is adjusting to the changes. Be patient and stay with the plan; you will see that it will come off.

As long as you get 5 supplements and 1 lean and green, you are fine.
lise
Trusted Member

Postby She2chat » March 22nd, 2006, 12:47 am

Kathy,

I would be Thrilled with a 22 pound weight loss... I'm at 16.5 after 1 month..

Your body is just adjusting.. it will take rest periods..

Stick with it and you will come down...

I was dissapointed with only 2 pounds last week, but this week I lost 3.5.

I would love to be at idea weight on only a couple of months, but your body can only lose so much at one time. It will come.

I do my lean and green and only 1 soup a day. I also don't do any of the bars, I think it would slow down my loss.

Keep up the good work. You are doing GREAT!

Have patience... Good things come to those who wait..

Patience is a virtue? lol :roll:

Take Care,

Sheila
She2chat
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby JustLynda » March 22nd, 2006, 5:11 am

Hi Kathy,

Like she said, just be patient. We all have our own patterns of weight loss.

I weigh in twice a week, on Sunday and on Wednesday. I'm almost always up a couple of pounds on Wednesday, but it's always gone (plus a couple more) by Sunday. I think Falisamarie stalls about every couple of weeks. But, if you look at her total weight loss, she's dropping pounds like crazy overall!

Don't get discouraged. Stick with what you're doing--it's obviously working. 22 pounds in 4 weeks is incredible (I've only dropped 14 pounds in the same period and I'm ecstatic!).

Keep up the good work.

-Lynda
Start Date: February 18, 2006
JustLynda
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Hang in there!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » March 22nd, 2006, 11:15 am

I know it's really frustrating. Your at 4 weeks and 22 pounds? That's AMAZING!!! around3-4 weeks is a plateu'ing time for your body to slow things down and reaccess if its ok to let the weight go. Sounds like your doing all the right things already and why mess with something if it's not broke.

I have read over and over on here about plateu's Their a normal tho not very well liked part of this plan as well as any diet plan. Put that scale away for a week or two and focus on just sticking to the plan the way you have.

and...Don't worry, Be Happy! :D Cause your doing great!

Hugs
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Kathy » March 22nd, 2006, 6:16 pm

Thanks for all of your responses. I feel so much better that I will definately keep with the plan. I guess I just needed some support yesterday because I was feeling so frustrated. I know 22 lbs is good but I lost 15 of that the first week and since then loosing weight has been extremely slow. I will hang in there and see what happens in the next couple of weeks. The support here sure can keep a person focused and able to look at things differently. Thanks! :D
Kathy
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby lan » March 22nd, 2006, 6:25 pm

You know, the time will pass so quickly on this plan. Just think about all the good you are doing for your body and your life. If you keep up with Medifast, one day soon you will look back and wondered how it all came off so quickly. That is how I feel; it is hard to realize how quickly it has come off, and it did not come off as quickly for me as it has for some others. I still have a way to go, but the victory of what I have accomplished still tastes sweet.
You can do it.
Lan
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby Lizabette » March 22nd, 2006, 7:45 pm

KATHY,
You have gotten a bunch of good advice here. 22 pounds in 4 weeks is fantastic. True you lost most of it up front, but you lost it! Others, like myself did not have such a BIG loss in the beginning.

It would be quite unhealthy if you kept losing at that rate. You are following program, so let your body decide how fast it wants to lose. When your body re-adjusts, you will start losing again, maybe at a slower pace, but losing just the same.

It's up to you what you eat as long as you follow program, and drink your water. Personally, I think your body needs the meat and vegetables, but that would be your choice.

I believe it would be fine for you to start a moderate exercise program as you mentioned, taking it slow at first and then increase a little at a time. Your advisor could help you with that.

The bottom line is what you said, "I love the Medifast and feel so much better since I started it, I have lots of energy and require less sleep. I used to drink a lot of diet pepsi but since starting the program I have no desire to drink it and just want water so that is another good thing. There are lots of improvements in how I feel, if I could just loose some weight again. . ."

How would you be feeling now if your were not on program? And where would your weight be? You are doing wonderful! Think how much better off you are because of MF. WOW!

Keep the faith, Kathy and hang in there. That scripture at the bottom of your post really means what it says! . You came to the right place for help.

Lizabette

Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » March 23rd, 2006, 8:11 am

If you can stand one last bit of advice ... step AWAY from the scale!!! If it bothers you when you don't see a change every day, then don't weigh every day.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ToyDiva » March 25th, 2006, 6:43 am

I agree with Robin!!!!! The scale is not your friend. It's an acquaintance that you should see once a week for a very quick hello. My husband is addicted to the scale and gets disappointed at least once or twice a week. I have enough stress in my life, I don't need to add extra.

Kathy, enjoy the weight you have lost! You worked hard to get there and you will lose more. Enjoy the moment!!
Started 02/21/6

ToyDiva
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » March 26th, 2006, 9:37 am

ToyDiva wrote:The scale is not your friend. It's an acquaintance that you should see once a week for a very quick hello.

:roflmao: I LOVE this hehehe!!!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room