Strange Scale Readings

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Strange Scale Readings

Postby momof2 » April 15th, 2006, 7:07 pm

Hi All. Today is my 2 week Medifast anniversary and I've lost 10.2 lbs so far. I am extremely happy about that. I know a lot of people say don't get on the scale every day, but I'm obsessed and have to. Every other day I lose weight and the alternating days I gain. It's been consistently like this since day 2. Luckily the gains are about half of the losses so I'm losing weight overall at the end of the week which is all I care about, but I was wondering if anyone knows why it fluctuates like this. My scale is brand new and digital. I haven't cheated at all. At first I thought it was because I jogged the nights before I lost, but I stopped jogging for a few days just to see if that was it and it's still the same pattern.

Happy Easter Everyone!

Michelle

Started 4/1/06
momof2
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Pashta » April 15th, 2006, 7:28 pm

Are you weighing at the same time every day, under the exact same circumstances? This is important, because our weight fluctuates with *everything* we do.

I always weigh myself as soon soon as I get up in the morning, right after I pee, in just my panties and bra. I have noticed I have been losing about a half a pound every single day since week 3 so I am sooo happy. :)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby deirdrek » April 15th, 2006, 7:29 pm

yes, I get up and down all the time. I think I'm going to have my husband hide my scale, it effects my moods.
Deirdre

Start Date 4/4/06
239/229/150
deirdrek
Regular Member - #10 Club

Scale

Postby Jan » April 15th, 2006, 7:46 pm

Well,
Those of you that me, know that I refer to the scale as "old nasty". It can really really discourage us if we let it. :cry: My advice would be to put it away for awhile. Just continue on on program, be very very compliant and the pounds will leave you. The scale sometimes only fills our minds with doubt. Mine lived in the closet for three weeks. :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby mamabear » April 15th, 2006, 7:59 pm

Wow! :bravo: Congrats on 10.2 pounds lost! That's great!! I am obsessed with my scale too-I have to get on it every day when I am trying to lose weight. I just don't worry too much if it fluctuates. If I don't weigh everyday, that's when I start to gain weight-of course I haven't tried Medifast yet either. I once had my husband hide the scale for a week and I went crazy. Although I managed to wait the whole week, I will never do that again! :lol:
mamabear
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby momof2 » April 15th, 2006, 8:37 pm

Are you weighing at the same time every day, under the exact same circumstances? This is important, because our weight fluctuates with *everything* we do. .

I always weigh myself as soon soon as I get up in the morning, right after I pee, in just my panties and bra. I have noticed I have been losing about a half a pound every single day since week 3 so I am sooo happy.

Pashta, I'm exactly like you. I weight myself at the same time in nothing but bra and panties...couldn't bare to see the extra weight from clothes and shoes :D

I think I'm going to have my husband hide my scale, it effects my moods.

I, too, get a little disappointed when I see it go up on the alternate days, but overall I'm losing the lbs, so I'm not going to argue.

Mine lived in the closet for three weeks.

Jan, I don't think I have the will power to handle that. I do know that I'm doing well because all my clothes are loose. I record my measurements once a week and have lost so many inches. So I'm not too worried about the scale. Just thought it was weird that it is so consistent with the ups and downs.

Congrats on 10.2 pounds lost! That's great!! I am obsessed with my scale too-I have to get on it every day when I am trying to lose weight. I just don't worry too much if it fluctuates. If I don't weigh everyday, that's when I start to gain weight-of course I haven't tried Medifast yet either.

Thanks mamabear. Most of it was lost in the first week. This week was only 3.2 lbs, but I'm overjoyed with that. If I can keep that rate up, I will be at my goal is 3 weeks. If you haven't tried Medifast yet and want to lose weight, try it out! I have been at the same weight for almost a year and didn't see the scale move until I started Medifast.

Started 4/1/06
momof2

Postby mamabear » April 15th, 2006, 9:29 pm

momof2--I will be starting next week, I'm just waiting for my pkg to arrive in the mail. I hope I have as much success as you have. :mrgreen:
mamabear
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby momof2 » April 16th, 2006, 10:48 am

mamabear, before I put in my first order I was really hesitant to believe that it worked so well and then started reading this forum and was amazed how successful everyone has been. Plus having all this support is just so helpful.

Started 4/1/06
momof2

Return to The Weight Room