Starting the plan seems really slow for me

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby BerkshireGrl » September 28th, 2005, 7:10 pm

HarmonyRose wrote:I just got home from my second day of work, and verified that employees can not even have any type drink (other than water) in the workplace.

Jiminy crickets, this is just OUTRAGEOUS! What the ---? Let me at these so-called managers! :x

You can drink water but not a protein shake? Like what, you drink water faster or something? Are they scared you are going to spill on the photo prints?

I mean, I can get not cracking open a beer, but you can only drink water? *grumble* What if you "sneak off" to the bathroom with your purse in which you have a shaker jar and a shake packet? I know it seems kinda yucky, but it beats being hungry. (Sometimes I chill out in the bathroom at work and mix and drink one in there, ha!)

You are right on about maybe inspiring your coworker! Good luck - you can perhaps set a silent example, that is, unless she asks how you are losing so much weight so fast! :)
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » October 12th, 2005, 9:39 am

HarmonyRose ~

How are you doing with the timing of your Medifast meals at this point? I am sorry that I missed this thread - the others have given you great advice and support - aren't they wonderful? :mrgreen:

I did have some trouble at time with my shaker jar leaking – and it was a :x disaster!

We have off-white carpeting here at the MakeMeThinner Cottage and white-washed laminate kitchen flooring…it is not a pretty sight with Dutch Chocolate Women’s Health Shake soaking into the carpet fibers or splashed on the white tile counters…make sure the lid is on right before shaking. I have my original shaker jar and a couple of others (for soup making, etc.) I try to always match the lid to its own jar – for some reason, the jar bottom seems to :shades: recognize its jar lid and it rebels :whip: when I mix them up and accidentally get the lid of one jar onto the bottom of another shaker jar. Argh! In the beginning it seemed as if the threads didn’t quite align but that is now a mere unpleasant memory – the lid screws on with ease now. As Elmer Fudd would say, “Just be vewy vewy cawefwul, HahmonyWose!

I admire you for coming out of retirement to work at a photography studio - especially as the holidays approach! You must truly love photography to start a job and a weight loss program at the same time!

You definitely must have some kinda resolve, my Friend to deal with :tears: fussy babies, :mrgreen: toothy toddlers and :x cranky Moms! PLUS to work without breaks. I DO know all about that...yeah, yeah there are LAWS about people needing bathroom and meal breaks but there are many workplaces with stringent rules and requirements. Some of us don't have the luxury to fire our boss and work from home so we must endure the rigors and the requirements of the workplace.

You asked previously about whether or not it would be better to have meal packets closer together rather than to skip them: YES! :yes:

You already indicated that you worked it out to have two packets before you start your day at 10 AM. That's good. I believe you said your break is at 2 PM. Perhaps you could cut a bar up into little pieces and put it into a snack size Ziplok baggy and stash it in your sweater sleeve or pocket.

:secret: You know how Moms and teachers can sneak a small piece of gum into the corner of their mouth or how high schoolers can sneak a mint into the corner of their mouth in church? Maybe you can poke a piece of bar in your mouth unobtrusively!

If you can have water - must it be in a clear water bottle or can it be in an opaque water bottle with a straw or a flipper top? Use a tall solid plastic bottle....pre-mix your shake.

My husband always mixed my shakes for me when I was working at the college. He mixed 16 ounces of water in the blender, 2 packets of Dutch Choc and whirled it up for a couple of minutes until it was creamy and smooth, added 1.5-2 cups of crushed ice until thick and icy and poured it into a Rubbermaid quart-size container. I called it a “Now and Later.” I slurped half in the morning and the other half three hours later. We were not supposed to eat at our desks - although the students ate and drank from their backpacks and bookbags at their desks... we were not allowed to EAT but we could have a drink.

If you begin work at 10 AM – have a quick shake. RTDs go down very fast! Ideally, we make a shake last 10-15 minutes. Many overweight people eat like hungry wolves – scarfing down large amounts of food in a very short period of time which does not give the stomach very much time to signal the brain that it is satisfied and that is why many of us eat larger quantities of food than we ought/need. It is IDEAL to eat slowly and drink water along with the shake/oatmeal/soup/bar but let’s face it, ideal conditions are rare! So have a shake or the bar just before you begin work and then have the 2 PM break shake ready to go so you an get re-fueled right on time. That will mean a 4 hour time span – not ideal but better than waiting 5 or 6 hours.

The whey-based drinks (Chai Latte, Cappuccino, Peach and Raspberry Iced Tea, Tropical Punch and Hot Cocoa) look like Kool Aid or tea. I like the Cranberry Mango served hot or at room temp and perhaps you could sip at one of those from a sippy bottle without folks being any the wiser.

:pet: Best wishes to you, Little Darlin’ and if any of you go to Wally World to have your pictures taken, look for a thinnin’ Harmony Rose!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.