Starbucks Fat free latte?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby smartipantz » February 18th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Holly, you must try the MF chai or cappucino! I love them and they give me that "Starbucks" feeling everytime I drink them. They are a great substitute!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby stelar » February 18th, 2006, 5:30 pm

Holly! Have I got good news for you! Try an americano! They use the espresso, hot/steamed water & sugar free flavoring. If you want they will put a splash of cream in it. But (& you knew this was coming) if you over do you will kick yourself out of ketosis. Try it without the creamer. I'm a serious latte drinker so this helps me. I actually like it just as much as a latte. :D

Shaker,
Stela
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby JustLynda » February 18th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Holly,

You asked where the extra carbs are coming from if it's sugar free. I think I answered that in an earlier post...it's from the milk! And, just to clarify, "fat free" milk and "skim milk" are the same thing.

Sorry you got mis-information from the MediFast advisor. Kinda like everything else in life--if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Start Date: February 18, 2006
JustLynda
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Not a Health Advisor

Postby Jan » February 18th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Hi Holly,
I think what happened to you was when you first called Medifast -- you got an order taker -- not a Health Advisor. There is a big difference -- one knows how to just take aan order -- the other knows the ins and outs of the program. It's tooo bad the person didn't tell you to ask a Health Advisor but then you most likely called Medifast the Co. They don't have Health Advisors -- Take Shape for Life does. So I really feel that was the problem. :? Sorry it was sooooo confusing and I'm really happy :D you're on the straight and narrow now. :D I know from now on you'll be doing great.!!!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » February 18th, 2006, 11:33 pm

Hi, Folks, I am here.

Sort of. :cry:

My immune system is really stressed, my :redhead: hives are flaring up and Terry's :twisted: bug has now taken hold of me. I am feeling lousy but wanted to reply.

I so appreciate everyone for readin', writin' and helpin' the newbies.

Stelar, the Americano is a splendid suggestion and so is Smarti's idea to have a Medifast Chai Latté or Cappuccino. I know that part of the fun of life is just going out with friends and having something 'normal.' For those of us in the thinnin' process, this is a temporary time that we abstain from these juicy goodies but we must also remember that many of the foods we've grown to love are not lovely once they pass our lips; they live forever on our hips, shins and chins!

Jan, thank you for clarifying the issue regarding the Medifast Call Center and you are right, just because a person answers the phone at Medifast Diet and takes an order, it does not mean they are health advisors. In fact, not all of the people who work in the Call Center have even lost weight on the program either; some of those lucky people have never had a weight problem their entire life! They are trained to take and place orders. They are not Health Advisors. There is a support section of Medifast Diet that includes the nutritionist and the program support nurse but theygenerally do not answer the general phone line.

I buy the Fat Free 1/2 and 1/2 for coffee at home - it has 20 calories & 3 grams of carbs per two tablespoons and :roll: yes, it does have some :twisted: corn syrup - purists will want to avoid it. It also has some :whip: additives that don't particularly thrill me very much but I want my husband's :heart: heart to be healthy and the Fat Free version has less than half the flabber of the regular full strength half and half!

I have been on maintenance for three years, I go to Starbuck's nearly every day this is what I have:

A Grande Coffee of the Day with a small amount of fat free milk or a small amount of half and half - I mean a small amount: 1 Tablespoon. I do not have Splenda or Sugar Free syrup in it.

If I don’t have the Coffee of the Day, then I have a Grande Hot Passion Tea. :secret: I know, I know...Leopard Woman does not NEED any more passion added to her thinny life but I love the sweet flavorful taste of that ruby-colored herbal tea. I prefer it straight up with nothin’ added. Sometimes I have the Tazo™ Sweet Orange Tea with 1 packet of Splenda™. In the summer I have a shaken Iced Passion Tea but I request it with no Valencia added - it is a simple sugar-laden syrup.

:pet: Alas...Fat Free Sugar-Free lattés are not compatible with our 5 & 1 weight loss program if we want to have rapid weight loss with no hunger or cravings; the additional carbs could put a person out of the fat-burning state. This is a finely tuned program.

If a person is caught without any of their Medigrub, an 8 ounce glass of skim milk can be used to replace a meal packet. Of course the glass of milk is not fortified with the essential vits & mins but in a pinch, it will do and it will not jeopardize the weight loss phase. I :shock: suppose a person could always chose to cut out 1 packet of Medifast and have a Fat Free Sugar-Free Latté in place of the packet if that is what they want to do but I would not suggest that.

In three and a half years, I’ve had 2 fat free sugar-free lattés and one sugar free Caramel Frappachino Affogato-style. I loved ‘em, too! I sometimes have one of those taste samples they offer you at Starbuck’s - if it is a Fat Free jobber.

I don't need them every day; I remember how they tasted. For me, I could easily get out of control with them and there are other ways that I prefer to spend my maintenance calories – Marionberry pie!

I have Medifast Chai Latte every day at :snooze: bedtime and I love, love it! It satisfies me, injects me with a load of vitamins and minerals and keeps me feelin’ and lookin’ mighty fine for a woman who’s hung out on planet earth for more than uh, :oops: half a century…
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Loribug » February 19th, 2006, 1:14 am

it will be okay holly ;)
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Previous