Sometimes, They Do Come Back. . .

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Sometimes, They Do Come Back. . .

Postby jene115 » November 20th, 2005, 11:17 am

Hi everyone. I've been gone for quite awhile and I don't know if anyone will remember me or not. 2005 has been rife with life's curves and I am really looking forward to 2006. :buddies:

I had more than my share of medical and job woes this year. I finally landed a great job with a great firm and two attorneys I adore working with. They matched my salary from my last job and raises are given in January, so maybe, just maybe. . .

I also ordered a minitrampoline because I've read that it's good for Lymphedema, plus it's something I love to do and it's good for my knees. :bounce:

I put in my order for Medifast to be delivered in December for a January 1 start. Yes, it's cliche, but one thing I have learned is not to start anything new during the holidays. I have two days after New Years before I have to go back to work and then when I return, I will be a permanent employee (temp to perm now). I feel 2006 is going to be a good year. Other than the usual stuff, no new medical issues have reared their ugly head, so I truly believe I will have a good year coming and be emotionally and mentally ready to start my trip toward Thinville and Healthy Valley. :drive:

No more whining for me, I promise. I will be SO glad to see 2005 go away! :x
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby Unca_Tim » November 20th, 2005, 11:27 pm

Hi Jen,
:wave:
Good seein' you again. Sounds like you're ready for a great new year.
Let's all join in and make this the best year ever....:)

Keep us posted....
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby horsey girl » November 22nd, 2005, 6:40 pm

Hi Jen, Welcome back! You and I started about the same time and as a fellow Texan I have been wondering how you were doing. You were good for these boards when you were here. It's pretty quiet here now. I guess people are busy and a lot of the people who were here when we started are gone now. Remember Raederie and Spidey? I wish they would come by every so often, and many others. Anyway good to have you back. Horsey Girl
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Triskets » November 23rd, 2005, 3:52 pm

Hi Jen and welcome back. I remember you from earlier this year.

I too had health issues. I have not taken the weight off yet. I'm so impressed with those who can start the MF program so close to the holidays. I know myself well enough to know I'd be setting myself up for a major failure if I started back now. On the other hand, do I really want to wait until January? If I do that I will want the holidays to "hurry up and get over" and not really enjoy them. Six of one and half a doz of the other hu? I don't llike vascillating. I think I will take it easy with the food during this time and start walking on my treadmill again. Then I'll start on the program in January.

Congrats on your new job and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get that raise in January!

Talk to you later!
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby jene115 » December 30th, 2005, 8:21 pm

Hey everyone, haven't forgotten you, just been so busy with getting 2006 finances in order. Next Tuesday, I become permanent at my job. :yes:

I had to cancel my MF order that was supposed to be shipped out on the 28th because I didn't have the money. Darn bills! I am having it shipped on the 4th, so I will be starting on the 8th now. Which is kinda cool because my birthday in 11/08 and that gives me 10 months to get a HUGE amount of weight off before my birthday.

I am so looking forward to the new year and a new me. I'll try to post more, dividing my time between my finances groups and this one. Two major hurdles in my life to tackle - debt and fat. OH BOY! :whip:
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby peaches » December 31st, 2005, 12:11 pm

Jen,
I started 5 days ago and its hard I wish I had waited till after holidays . Its to late now I can not mess up now so I will be looking for your posts.
peaches
peaches

Postby Nancy » December 31st, 2005, 4:12 pm

Hi, Jen ~

It was great to talk to you this afternoon and I know that you will have a wonderful year! SO many things are working in your favor already.

Peaches, Triskets, Horsey Girl & Jen, it will be like old Home Week, eh?

Spidey is happy and living on St. Croix. He loves it there and has his home in MA for sale. I speak with him several times a week. LW has an open invitation to come and stay with him and we just may take him up on that sometime.

Rae (also known as Old Red Ear) poked her nose in here a while back and yet I have not heard anything personally from her, surely would love to - she's a great gal.

Well, Kids - holidays are difficult, at best. For those of you who started before the holidays and have hung in there successfully, we raise our shaker jars to you! You rock! For those who are starting this next week, Let's gitter done!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » January 1st, 2006, 7:47 am

Old home week indeed! I'm back too (even though ya'll were never out of my heart or mind) and it'll be great to see some of the oldie but goodies hehe. Instead of thinking "wow people have to come back and start over or do more" I think "How exciting that we all aren't wondering this morning what will work"!! We all KNOW what will work...and that it DOES work......and WE ARE AWESOME!!

Big hugs to everyone!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » January 1st, 2006, 12:49 pm

Little Ms ~

Happy New Year, Darlin'! Glad you checked in.

Shake it up and shake it off! We are cleaning out the cupboards and refer around here today...New Year, New Week, New Day!

New and better YOU!

Love ya madly!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby LilMsTexas » January 1st, 2006, 1:07 pm

hehe...fridge got cleaned out this morning too!! I'm doing good so far today but so dang hungry. This is just the dang price I pay to be beautiful :lol:

And I love you bunches and bunches too!!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » January 1st, 2006, 1:38 pm

At least you trashed the stuff in your fridge...ours made it into the mouths and it wasn't the mouths of babes, either...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

cleaning the fridge

Postby mom23boys » January 1st, 2006, 2:09 pm

So funny that you guys are talking about cleaning out the fridge. I just did that, too. It sure felt good, too. I mean it seems so simple, but I still struggle with it: if the temptation isn't in the house, I can't eat it. Don't know why i have so much trouble with that :roll:
mom23boys

Postby Nancy » January 1st, 2006, 2:17 pm

Yup, get rid of of all the tempting stuff, carry no spare change or extra $ in your purse - it prevents mindless purchases at the drive-ups. I know many fast food places take credit and debit cards now but don't do it - don't go there!

Be prepared with a shake handy at all times!

Happy shaking and thinnin' to you!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby lan » January 1st, 2006, 2:40 pm

Thanks for the great idea, Nancy. My fridge could use a little cleaning out!

Here's hoping January gets off with a bang!

I have some new Christmas presents that don't quite fit (in particular a black leather skirt and a new pair of slacks). I can hardly wait until they do! I am hoping they are good motivation.

Lan
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby Nancy » January 2nd, 2006, 11:56 am

Oh, Lan!

Those new slacks and leather skirt will look wonderful on you - they will inspire you to keep on going! I just love leather skirts and vests! You will look like a million $.

Happy you posted!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.