Sign Me Up...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Sign Me Up...

Postby armeewyf » April 20th, 2005, 5:28 am

Not so sure where to post this, but I would like to be entered into the 10 pound club. I was totally "wowed" this morning when I saw that I lost 5 pounds this past week on the ole dreaded scale. The first week I lost 7.5. Thats a total of 12.5 pounds in 2 weeks. Today starts week 3. Hopefully I will make my goal of 20 pounds the first 4 weeks....
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Principessa » April 20th, 2005, 5:44 am

Congrats on your first club! Fun, isn't it!
Mary

31yo. 4'11"
Start Date 4/4/05
BMI: 36.4/32.4/23.2
Principessa
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby armeewyf » April 20th, 2005, 5:50 am

Yes...its the first thing I thought of when I did the math on the total loss! This forum is a real booster...My husband is even impressed and considering MF. I think his big thing is that he doesnt want people at work to see him making shakes! It loks like you and I started just a day apart. We can start exercising at the end of the 3rd week, correct?
armeewyf

Postby Principessa » April 20th, 2005, 5:55 am

Yep!
I'm usually a lazy-bones, but I have noticed in this past week that I'm actually looking forward to finishing up week three so that I can go for some walks and do a little yoga or pilates. I WANT to exercise? What is that about!
If you already exercise alot you CAN exercise within the first three weeks, but only for HALF the amount of time and at HALF the intensity. That doesn't fit me though... so I'm gonna have to wait out the first three weeks!
Mary

31yo. 4'11"
Start Date 4/4/05
BMI: 36.4/32.4/23.2
Principessa
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby armeewyf » April 20th, 2005, 5:58 am

Funny you should say that...its exactly how I feel! Must be because we FEEL better and have a cleaner, un-sluggish system or something. Almost every evening I take my toddler out to play and I think, lets just go for a walk...then I think no, lets wait till I can! I didn't do any exercise before so I am not going to do it yet. I am going to Mexico in June and there is sure to be some biking and lots of walking so I want to be ready for that. THis is probably the first time in my life that I have WANTED to exercise!
armeewyf

Postby armeewyf » April 20th, 2005, 6:04 am

Principessa...I also wanted to comment on your screen name...its what I sometimes call my baby (cause that what she thinks she is!) :lol:

Lee Ann
armeewyf

Postby Dean0408 » April 20th, 2005, 7:21 am

armeewyf wrote:Yes...its the first thing I thought of when I did the math on the total loss! This forum is a real booster...My husband is even impressed and considering MF. I think his big thing is that he doesnt want people at work to see him making shakes! It loks like you and I started just a day apart. We can start exercising at the end of the 3rd week, correct?

Hi LeeAnn,

Congratulations on joining the #10 club!! Both my wife and I started Medifast together in early March of this year. To me, it is much easier to have a Medifast buddy right here in the house with me. We keep each other on the straight and narrow, neither of us have to watch the other chow down on pizza or snacks, there is a friendly competition......and an overall atmosphere of doing something "together". The good thing is that what we are doing makes us healthier as well as putting us back in the shape we were in when we met.

I see that your husband does not want his co-workers to see him making shakes. Well, we men are like that ya know. There is a way around that issue however. Simply pre-mix your shakes before going to work. You can use an empty water bottle to put the shakes in. We mix up two shakes, and using a funnel........pour the shakes into a 20 oz. empty plastic water bottle. Drink half at your first shake time........and the rest at the second shake time. He can also take a Medifast bar to work for a meal as well.

I am not sure if they make the RTD's (ready to drink shakes) in the men's configuration or not. If these were available, it would be very easy for him.

Again, congratulations on your weight loss........keep it up!!

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby armeewyf » April 20th, 2005, 8:26 am

Thanks Dean! I appreciate a tip I can pass on to my husband. I know it would even be a lot easier on me if he would just do this with me. He needs to lost abt 40 lbs, really about 65 but 40 will get him where he needs to be (military standards). You know how you men are...he could lose 40 lbs in 2 mos. You're lucky that your wife is joining you on this journey. It has to be easier. Most days, I make 3 suppers, one for him, one for me and sometimes another for our 2 year old! Too much work!
armeewyf

Postby DonicaB » April 20th, 2005, 8:45 am

Weigh to go Lee Ann! :buddies: Don't ya just feel like celebrating. Well, rip off the top of one of those packets and let's go. :drive: I am raising a drink to you right now ( a MF drink that is).

Looking forward to sharing more of your successes.

DonicaB :yeah:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby armeewyf » April 20th, 2005, 9:35 am

Thanks Donica...I sure do appreciate everyone's encouragement. So much easier than going it alone. Looks like you and I started at about the same time too, going by your "join" date. I think at the beginning of the 4th wee, all of us that started around the same time should get on here and compare exercise strategy! Have a good day!
Lee Ann
armeewyf

Postby LilMsTexas » April 20th, 2005, 9:39 am

Cooooooooooooongratulations!! I was so excited when I reached 10lbs too and now i'm knocking on the 20lb door pretty loud asking to be let in!! My husband has been in the Army 20 years this June and has struggled with his weight for years. He's working on it right now doing Adkins and more power to him......I can't do it......won't do it! Where are ya'll stationed?

Best of luck on the rest of the week and congratulations again!!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby armeewyf » April 20th, 2005, 9:51 am

Actually my husband is in the National Guard now, but his civilian job is with the DOD and is Army/Guard affiliated so, he goes to work everyday in BDU's and still complies with all there is for active duty, even though its his civilian job. He has done Adkins off and on for 3 week or so. He just doesn't get the concept that you can't eat all that hight fat, low carb stuff, then drink a Coke. That defeats the purpose! He will gain weight! I did well on Adkins, I lost abt 90 lbs after my baby, 2 years ago, but it just doesn't work for me anymore. My dr said my body is used to less carbs now and thinks thats normal. Said to try something else, so I did! Has your husband been to Iraq? Mine was gone 15 months--has been back almost exactly a year. Are you with the 4th ID?
armeewyf

Postby bikipatra » April 20th, 2005, 10:42 am

My husband is 145 pounds and 5'11"! He eats constantly but he exercises a lot, riding his bike to work instead of taking a car. He is also a vegetarian so that cuts out a lot of fatty meat calories.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Guest » April 20th, 2005, 10:48 am

I can't even imagine how scary it must be to have your love away at war. I sure it must have been sooo difficult. Glad he's safely home with you. Bravo for getting through that!

My fiance calls me his "principessa" and I love it, especially since it's a sweet little Italian term of endearment and he has dual citizenship Argentina/Italy.

Postby dlr2424 » April 20th, 2005, 1:30 pm

LilMsTexas wrote: I was so excited when I reached 10lbs too and now i'm knocking on the 20lb door pretty loud asking to be let in!!

Oh Christi......no need to knock loud....... :no: .......or actually knock at all.....I have it wide open....... :yes: .....waiting there for you with my pom poms in hand............... :cheerleader:
:hug:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room