sigh...what is going on????

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

sigh...what is going on????

Postby BonitaGirl » January 27th, 2004, 12:28 pm

Last night I weighed myself before going to bed. What can I say? The scale was taunting me and calling for me to come weigh myself since I FELT thinner, so I did. I was down a pound from the morning..woohooo!. So this morning, I did my normal weigh in and I gained a pound!!!! :shock: Now what the heck happened?? How do you GAIN while sleeping??? Anytime I weigh myself I get on it at least 3 times to account for any fluctuation in how I am standing or whatnot and got the same reading all 3 times. Why would this happen? I had 5 shakes yesterday and then my chili last night, and about 70oz of water, one pickle, and I did not have any bouillion. I am in still in ketosis (I check this morning and night to make sure I haven’t somehow knocked myself out) so I don’t know what is going on.
And now it looks like I am not going to get my order on time. I placed it last Tuesday and they just took the money out yesterday, so I know that it won’t make it here in time before I run out of supplements. I initially only ordered 2 weeks worth of product as I was unsure about taste, etc. What do I do for those days?

A confused and losing motivation BonitaGirl :(
-----------------------------
"A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can't"

Started on 1/14/04 at 269, today I am at 251.5
BonitaGirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 27th, 2004, 12:40 pm

Bon....
Quite often it doesn't show up on your Credit Card for several days. I've seen the order get delivered before it gets on your card before. The weather could throw a wrench into things right now though, but there is hope you'll be getting it in time.

If you do run out of product, try to continue eating every 3 hours. Eat lots of greens, easy on the carbs and a small portion of lean meat at every meal wont hurt. Don't forget to keep slurping your H2O also. This is what you'll be learning to do after transition and maintenance anyway.

If you take it easy and eat regular, reasonable portions, you shouldn't have a prob. You may not even get out of ketosis.

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby BonitaGirl » January 27th, 2004, 12:53 pm

Thank you Unca!

I will follow that plan in case it does not get here in time. I really don't want to go thru those first few days thing with the headaches and such, so will try to be as true as possible without the supplements. Just curious, but how many carbs do we have a day while on program? (I am not home and don't have the boxes with the information here with me) I think that is my major weak point. I am doing alright without the sugar and chocolate, and I love those, but I am CRAVING breads and pasta and rice and all of that stuff. Ugh..those are the killer cravings.

BonitaGirl

Postby ror » January 27th, 2004, 1:01 pm

since were both in SD I have a surplus and could float you 3 or 4 boxes to tide you over untill your shipment arrives. then you can just pay me back when yours comes I have the dutch chocolate 55. I would hate to see you have to blow it because of some weather.
ror

Postby Jeanette » January 27th, 2004, 2:53 pm

Bonita:

That pound that is floating around is only temporary if you stay with the program. It has nowhere to go but off!!

Stay strong!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 27th, 2004, 3:11 pm

I think there's a fat fairy that sneaks in at night if you don't lock the door. Only way I know to get rid of him is to throw your scales away....:)

Don't worry the little things. You HAVE to lose, if you follow the program.
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Woohoo!

Postby BonitaGirl » January 27th, 2004, 3:20 pm

Food is here!! Hubby just called that my food arrived a few minutes ago. Mmm...yummy new stuff tonight! I was getting mighty sick of chili every night :P Now I can have soups and CRACKERS!!!!! :boing:

And that darned fairy better stay out of my room, or I might be tempted to EAT him. **grumble**

BonitaGirl

Postby finalstraw » January 27th, 2004, 3:43 pm

Bonita,

You might want to check the 'fat fairies' carb and fat content before eating him. :lol:
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Kimbob » January 27th, 2004, 4:28 pm

TOO FUNNY!

How many carbs DOES a fat fairy have? Hmmm...

Kimbob the Roaring
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 29th, 2004, 5:14 am

Nutritional Information
Fat Fairy

Serving Size: One Fairy
Servings Per Container: One

Calories per serving: 1 zillion
Calories from fat: All of them!
Total Carbs: Enough to put you out of Ketosis for a lifetime!

Directions for use: DO NOT EAT! Give him a map and send him to the home of someone you really don't like!

Hey BonitaGirl,

1) No weighing mid-day! Read Nancy's message on how fluid retention etc effects the scales. (Ok...so I do it too...damn tempting scale just calls our names sometimes!)

2) Not to be too graphic, but I find that if you...er...umm...."evacuate" your system before you weigh in the a.m. it makes a difference!

3) If you can't "evacuate" or haven't for a few days due to protein back up, you may choose to use an OTC softener or laxative...if you have a few days of protein back up, it could reflect as weight on the scale!

So glad for you that your order came! My card is usually charged the day I get the order...just a timing thing I guess.

That was super nice of Ror to offer to share....oh how I miss San Diego! I jus moved this summer from Sabre Springs to (near) Baltimore.....
but I digress.....happy happy joy joy that your order is there!!!!!!!!!
SneezyKitten

Postby Marsha » January 29th, 2004, 7:06 am

Isn't it funny how the scale is our enemy ..... and our friend? I try not to give in to the temptation to weigh too often...... but, alas, I am weak and can not resist sometimes :lol:

Hang in there, Bonita! Fat fairies are there just to try to make us waiver!:twisted: Be stong!!
[url]Image[/url]
Marsha

Postby Kimbob » January 29th, 2004, 8:26 am

I'm tempted to lock my scale in the storage closet and give my man the key and tell him that he can only give me the key once a week!

While medifast is a quicker weight loss program than some, we still need to remember that weight loss is a gradual process. Daily changes in weight are just the whim of the universe, as far as I'm concerned!

Besides, I'm pretty convinced that fat fairies like to dance on my scale, and sometime they are on there when I'm weighing and THAT'S why my numbers aren't always down :)

I know they go to church on Sundays, though, so if we all stick to a sunday morning weigh-in we'll be much happier ;)

Kimbob the Strange
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 30th, 2004, 4:03 am

Kimbob you make me giggle :lol: A hard thing to do at....6:00 am.....
SneezyKitten

Return to Weight Loss