Shame on me!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Shame on me!!!

Postby Lisa Renee » August 14th, 2005, 11:33 pm

:uhuh: OK, I blew it. Yep, I did. I got no excuses, I did it and I can't blame emotions or anything else. It was all me! I made a bad choice and it's my fault. Let me start by saying I am sorry I let down my fellow Medifasters... I want to be supporting you as much as you have been supporting me and we should set good examples for one another, and I did not tonight. This weekend I was so darn good. I even went and picked up pizzas TWICE both SAturday and Sunday for my husband and the kids. They never eat pizza, so when my husband asked me to pick it up, I obliged. Didn't have one bite and even ate my oatmeal right next to him at the table.... However, all weekend I obsessed about my old friend Peanut Butter... I thought about it, dreampt about it.... Thought about it again, and finally at around midnite tonight I went and grabbed a huge spoonful of low carb peanut butter and mixed it with splenda and then chased it with a glass of whole milk! OMGosh! I didn't even enjoy it. What the heck was I thinking? Somebody kick me in the rear! I need a wake up call... That was incredibly stupid and I might have cost myself 3 days of ketosis. What did I learn..Well, Peanut BUtter and all things related don't taste nearly as good as I thought they did...Secondly, I feel like crap right now, I have had the shakes ever since I ate the darn peanut butter. :cry: Time to pick myself up and dust myself off. I messed up and I just wanted to confess. I feel much better now.
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Peanut Butter

Postby Jan » August 14th, 2005, 11:45 pm

Yup,
We've all done it -- you are not alone. Our memories tempt us and foribiden foody things call out our name. But when we finally give in and pop it in our mouth we realize that our memories have deceived us. It doesn't taste nearly as good as we thought. So just remember this--the next thing that calls your name doesn't really taste nearly as good as you think and when you reach goal you can try it again and confirm that. It's a lesson we all learn sooner or later and surprisingly we have to learn it for ourselves -- others telling us doesn't always help .
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby martha » August 15th, 2005, 4:55 am

HEY---

Let me start by saying "I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER" :mrgreen: It is 1 of my favorite things to eat(besides spaghetti)..and I really so miss it :oops: but know I couldn't stop with just 1 spoon full so that said I think you did great for only having a spoon full.. We all have these moments and stop beating your self up.. hey after all you did pass up the pizza :D that's good.. it would have been better to have skim milk (can have it in place of MF for emergencies anyway) Stand up and give yourself a big hug and lets restart today.. :mrgreen: I hope you don't have the headaches again and probably won't.. you will be fine.. knowing what you did is wrong for this program is half the battle and correcting it is the other..so you are off to a good start..Have a Blessed Week.. and remember we are here for you if you need us..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » August 15th, 2005, 8:19 am

Well . . . at least you are aware of what you are doing, and not making excuses for yourself. Good for you on that! Look, we don't do things perfectly the first time we learn them. We take a few steps forward, and then a step back, and then more steps forward. Just pick yourself up and keep on going forward.

The good news is that you probably didn't kick yourself out of ketosis. Peanut butter to begin with doesn't have a lot of carbs -- a tablespoonful of chunky has 3.5 carbs, and of smooth has 3.1. If this was "low carb" peanut butter it probably had even less. So you added some calories, some protein, and some fat. That's not a good thing, but not as bad as you think, so don't give up -- keep on keepin' on!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » August 15th, 2005, 9:12 am

No biggie Strawberry,
It's just one small battle in the war on flab. Pick up your weapon (shaker jar) and fire back at the enemy.

Check this link out, next time the peanut butter's calling your name.
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-2121.html

Keep a Shakin'...
:cheers:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby AlexisClaire » August 15th, 2005, 1:03 pm

There there, there there. It's okay. I mean, it stinks- you're right- but it's not the end of the world. At least next time you'll know that the peanut butter isn't even that good!
Goodbye 250's!
Goodbye 240's!
Goodbye 230's!
YOU'RE NEXT 220'S!!!
I'm on my way to Onederland...
AlexisClaire
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Lisa Renee » August 15th, 2005, 2:52 pm

LOL..well thanks to Unca Tim, I don't have to go without Peanut Butter flavor... Thanks for that link! And thanks guys for the encouragement. Im shakin up a storm today!
Lisa Renee

Postby Nancy » August 15th, 2005, 3:22 pm

Strawberry ~

Now that your tongue is pried off the roof of your mouth...you poor Thang! Great lesson learned!

Isn't it weird how quickly the 'sugar shakes' appear from that rush to our blood sugar when we eat something off program?

No more hiney kickin;, you are back on the Meditrain now - it's true, Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lisa Renee » August 15th, 2005, 6:01 pm

Thanks, Nancy, that means a lot coming from you. I look up to you, you know! You are an inspiration! I am back on track and looking forward to posting a loss this week :mrgreen:
Lisa Renee

Return to The Weight Room