Sabotage City

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Sabotage City

Postby kelly1234 » April 15th, 2005, 8:05 pm

Ok everyone, My Mother has been in town for two weeks and has finally left. However, I once again have fallen off the track. My loss has made a "stand still" of 25 pounds for about three weeks. How do I get past the first three days with that same desire as before? It seems like everytime I start to see progress, I somehow start to sabotage my diet. What's up with that? Any advice or comments are welcome. Thanks so much!

Kel
kelly1234
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 15th, 2005, 8:13 pm

Kelly...don't beat yourself up...just hop back on the journey and pray for perseverence and desire... :angel: ....focus on the reasons why you are doing this....I would suggest reading "Shaker in a Jar" and "Life is Hard, Food is Easy" ...both by Linda Spangle....pretty soon the experts will be on to further help you......Anything worthwhile..is worth fighting for..... :weightlift: ....my many hugs... :hug: ....&...prayers ..... :angel: ...go out to you

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 15th, 2005, 8:45 pm

Don't make things harder than they are...you don't have to find the same exact "desire" as before...just ENOUGH desire to one minute at a time follow the program. Your feelings are important but what is most important are your ACTIONS!!! Take it one shake at a time. Drink some water. Relax. I came back after an eating and boozing relapse. I didn't feel all gung ho and excited like I did when I got my first box of Medifast delivered. I felt like a hungover loser, especially since everyone on here knew my diabetic hiney had REALLY messed up. But you just start over, and eventually your good feelings will come back-especially when that scale starts moving! I know you can do it!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby doglover » April 16th, 2005, 5:23 am

Hey Kelly - I agree w/ all that is said so far. The only other suggestion I may have is to keep busy! Keep your mind active on something other than the fact that this is the first 3 days!

Use this time to really self reflect on why you sabotage yourself. No one can answer that but you.

Good luck, come here often, we'll do this together!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 17th, 2005, 3:30 pm

Wow, Kelly you sound so much like me. I started MF a year and a half ago, stayed on it faithfully for one month and dabbled in it the second month. I lost 25#, starting seeing results and then WHAM! I sabatoged myself.

I tried several times to start MF again, but to no avail. I couldn't seem to get the same desire back. I don't know what I did 2 weeks ago to get my mind where it should be but something just clicked and I am back.

I think for me it was just coming face to face with the fact that I am addicted to food and if I did not stop, it would probably some day kill me, whether it was in the form of heart disease or something else.

You have to decide what you want and then go for it. I know that sounds easy, but you already know it's not. This is not going to be easy, you are going to have bumps along the way. One thing you have though, is the people on this board. I wish I would have found this forum long, long ago because I think knowing I have a support group, knowing there are other people who feel exactly how I feel, and knowing I have a group to help keep me accountable, keeps me on the straight and narrow. Seeing the success of the people on this board makes me want to succeed. I keep telling myself "If they can do it, so can I."

You can do it Kelly! We are here for you and with you.

God Bless,

DonicaB :D
DonicaB
Preferred member

Hang in there, Kelly!

Postby LessOfMe » April 17th, 2005, 3:58 pm

Kelly... I can relate to the difficulty of maintaining the same level of enthusiasm. I have been on the program for 3.5 weeks. I'm losing fine and find weekends hard. Some of the things I have done to help boost my motivation is to think of those things that have changed for the better in just these few weeks: I took a long walk for the first time in years, my slacks are hitting the floor as they get loose, I put my clothes in the dryer rather than hanging them in fear of shrinking, even tho I have a long way to go...I am starting to feel "thinny" inside. There are so many positives that I just don't want to give it up! Look at those pictures of Nancy. She is totally awesome and I'm gonna have my pictures on line when I meet my goal, too! There are so many great people on this web site...they take the time to be here for each of us! I'm here for YOU too! Keep it going...you only have one pound to lose at a time. We can do it!

Karen
284 > 238 >

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:1-3
LessOfMe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Bonnie » April 18th, 2005, 11:18 pm

Hi Kelly.....this is what helped me to get through the first week.

First I cleaned out the pantry.
Second I filled my refrigerator with cold water,crystal light,celery,dill pickles,salad fixings,vegetables to steam,chicken,fish,lean cuts of meat.
Third I lined up my pantry with the Medifast boxes, sugar free syrups to add to my shakes for a change, varity of Medifast soups,broth and Medifast puddings.
Fourth I planned activities that did not include food.
Fifth call your Health Advisor every day for the first three days for encouragement

Just think how good you will feel :yippee: when you get on the scales and see it going down...........Hang in there you are worth it............ :byebye:
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MamaD » April 19th, 2005, 3:50 am

Dang!! Just when I think that I have read it all...I run up on another post that just hits me in the head!!! :hammerhead: I have been at this same point of "how do I get through the first 3 days"....how do I get "whatever' it is back to get going to the point where I was "going" before.

Well I have decided that I can't wait for the awakening to hit me. I can't wait for the point where I proclaim "THIS IS IT!! i AM NOW A MEDIFASTER" Nope. Can't do it. Instead I am just sneaking up on it. It is like Biki said....one minute at a time. Every minute that I don't do something stupid foodwise is a minute of victory. One shake at a time.

I have to look at the things that I have done in my life....great things. I have raised 2 teenage daughters, no one ended up in jail or pregnant...that is a great thing. I have taught school for 27 years and I think the kids still like me....that is good. Been married to the same man for 26 years....another wonderful thing.
So, this is just going to be a thing that I do. I think that we have to get over the speed at which we achieve our goals and rememeber that getting to the goal is what is important. Luckily Medigrub helps us with speed, Lord knows we need that gratification to keep going...and that gets us to the goal.

At first I was concerned about how I looked. Now, at the ripe ol age of 51 I am concerned about my health. My feet hurt, my back hurts... and I feel like a blob at the end of the day. That is my goal....to be unblob like!

Hummm I seem to be rambling. I do believe that our "yoke" is easy and our burdens are light..... God made that promise to us...only that in which we can handle will be put upon us.....it is all about trust. I trust Him, and He trust me...how powerful is that???

Ok...for to shake something...even if it is just my bootayyyyyy

You guys are the besTTTT :goteam:
MamaD
Trusted Member

Return to Come on in.