Restarting tomorrow

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Restarting tomorrow

Postby Sablebaby » August 1st, 2005, 2:37 pm

Hi everyone!

Well, I went to Vegas last week and did fine for the first day. However since starting MF I have had no energy for more than 10 minutes at a time. I get tired real fast and drained. I waited to start exercising until my 4th week and still I can't walk for barely 10 mins at a time without feeling like I'll pass out. So this is where I went off program in Vegas. My 2nd day there I started eating real meals (nothing bad) and had enough energy to walk for HOURS down the strip! I was so glad that I was eating food for the energy or else my trip would have been such a bummer.

Then the 3rd day I started eating a little bit more and a little bit more. Now here I am I've been back since Friday night and I'm eating like crazy! My plan is to start back tomorrow after all the food is cleaned out of the house. I feel better on MF, however I WANT to be active! So, I may call my HA and see what I can do. Any suggestions? I personally think I need more calories for energy. I have about 150 lbs of lean body mass which is a lot for a female. And yes I do drink the 70 shakes. I just can't get over how some can exercise just fine and be on MF. I also know that I can do this without much exercise, it's just I don't want to. Some days I crave exercise. yes, I know that's weird. :D

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still here and reading. ;)
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby martha » August 1st, 2005, 4:26 pm

Sablebaby--

Glad you had a great time on your trip to Vegas.. Sorry about the lack of energy :oops: I haven't run into that yet but I did overexercise on my trip and wasn't happy with the losses.. Everyone straightened me out about #1--don't weight when you 1st get back off a long trip(your body needs time to release fluid build-up) #2--over walking and exercising are not going to help you lose weight but help your body hold on to it..and #3- be thankful you didn't gain at all as alot of people are compliant and never lose with plateaus.. As you can see they really helped me put things into perspective.. :D
I think it would be a great help for you to contact your HA.. they know most everything and if they don't will find someone who does.. I am sooo glad you are going to restart in the morning.. If there is 1 thing I have learned it's really hard to restart after being off a long time.. the longer you wait the harder to restart.. FOR ME ANYWAYS.. I would restart and then stop and so on and so on(on other programs) But not this one.. it's really easy to restart once you put your mind into it.. Hope your friend enjoyed his birthday in Vegas.. and I hope you find out what you need to do to get extra energy-- how about letting us know so we can benefit too--Good luck this week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

No energy

Postby Jan » August 1st, 2005, 5:32 pm

Hi Heather,
I'm wondering if your electrolytes are a little off. You know we do lose lots and lots of water on this program. And, since you love to exercise, I'll bet you sweat off more than most of us. I'm curious -- have you tried . drinking a cup of regular boullion when you feel a little droopy?? That will replace some of the salts you're losing. I know when we feel a little light headed that's the answer most times. I'm not a doctor so if your energy level remains really low I would check it out. Most of us have more energy on program once our bodies adapt. We have to get used to not having as much sugar and other carbs.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Sablebaby » August 1st, 2005, 6:01 pm

Thanks Jan and Martha!

I do drink a cup of boullion when I feel tired and droopy and it helps incredibly with energy. It's just 50- 75% of the time I try to take a walk down the street I feel woozy. I always make sure that I have a supplement 30 mins before my walk, so it's not that I'm hungry. I also do eat a couple of pickles everyday.

I will try back on MF and see what happens. Now since I've been off MF for 6 days, do I have to wait 3-4 weeks before exercising again? I also want to try my lateral thigh trainer in my home instead of walking outside. I'm going to put it under my bar counter and hold onto the counter for support. This way I can do it for a few minutes at a time throughout the day instead of passing out on the street. :shock: Thanks again!

Heather
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Whoosy

Postby Jan » August 1st, 2005, 8:12 pm

Hmmm,
Heather have you had your blood pressure checked?? Weight loss affects that too. I sometimes feel really tired when my B.P is a little low. No problem now though because my Dr. took me off the B.P pills. I will tell you though I went from 172/110 ( really high) to 105/58 pretty low. Now I'm at about 120/72 just about right. It's just one more thing to consider. About the exercise just take it slow and work back up. If you overdo it not only will you not lose weight but with the tiredness you may cause yourself more problems. I know this program is really designed for those of us who are more than happy to just exercise moderatey for 45 min at the most. It really is worth it though and when you finally get everything all figured out you will do fine and the weight will dissappear.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » August 2nd, 2005, 12:14 am

I concur w/ Jan.

Could be low BP or low Blood sugar.

Call your doc and your Health Advisor!

Keep us posted.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130