It really does get BETTER!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

It really does get BETTER!!!

Postby Daisey » August 11th, 2005, 1:13 pm

Hello everybody! I am so happy, I have hung in there--even though I thought that there were times I would go out of my mind :tomato: if I didn't eat, but I stuck with it thanks to everybody's support. :goteam:

I started Medifast on August 1, made it to the evening of my third day and then ate (binged!)! However, I got right back witht the program the very next day, so today officially makes one week!!!! :trophy:

I'd say the first 3-5 days were absolutely torture!!!!! At several points I was ready to quit and say that I just didn't care and accept being over-weight forever. I struggled quite a bit. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I am so happy that I hung in there! Today, day seven of straight medifast (with no binges), I do not even crave food or sugar like I used to. Sometimes, I do occassionally want to eat food to get that feeling of a stuffed stomach. But now when I get those thoughts, I ask myself, what will eating like that do for me? NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT MAKE ME SELF-LOATHE AFTERWARDS!

My clothes still fit me, but a pair of pants that used to be too tight around my waist, I can now get on. I can not do the whole number thing with the scale. :aarggh: After my day three slip-up--I threw my scale out! I was very obsessive with my scale. I weighed myself several times throughout the day. Thus my feelings towards myself would also change depending upon what the scale said. And frequently weighing myself, I had about a 4 pound fluxuation each day! So forget it! For me, the scale is bad because if I don't loose enough weight like I want to, I start hating myself--and then I just start spiraling downward with negative self-talk towards myself and dieting.

I want to tell anybody who is new to medifast that it really does work--IT REALLY DOES GET BETTER--I promise!!! :rose:

Please, give yourself a chance to be free of your food addiction. :bouncie: Introduce yourself in the forum and share any struggles you have. when I did, I received great feedback and suggestions on how to deal with what I was going through. If you're struggling with he first week (or at any point for that matter), please don't give up, you can do it, you can be sucessful on medifast.

Thanks again everybody for being so supportive!!! :D
Daisey
Newbie - #10 Club

Yeah!

Postby Lynzi » August 11th, 2005, 4:33 pm

Hi Daisey!
I've been thinking of you....and so happy you made it the first week. I agree, those first 3-5 days are tough. Now that I made it, I don't ever want to start from the beginning. I started on Aug. 1st also. It's nice to feel in control. Yet we always have to be prepared.
Thanks for checking in, and for sharing what it was like for you.
Glad your still with us! Good job!!
Lynzi
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby martha » August 11th, 2005, 5:36 pm

DAISEY--

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!! it really does get better as time goes by.. It did for me anyway.I am proud of the way you got right back in the saddle the very next day after bingeing..It's hard to go right back to it..It always seems to take a day or two on this end..that's why I haven't binged yet :mrgreen: ..I have thought about it and I do smell alot of food. :shock: . but no eating it yet..that scale will drive you crazy if you let it..It's probable better for you to throw it away for now till you get use to the program and your clothes are getting bigger and then get it out again..Have a great week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sprgrammy » August 11th, 2005, 8:49 pm

Daisy it is wonderful that you made it thru those first few horrible days and beyond. I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work. Blessings, Carol
sprgrammy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Marcelle » August 12th, 2005, 7:41 am

YEAH DAISEY! Isn't it great to have such a great feeling. You made it! ") Keep it up lady.

I started on August 8th and the first few days where really togh, due more to TOM than anything I think, but today is really easy so far.

Have a great weekend!
Marcelle

08/07/05 = 187 and 5'7"
08/14/05 = 176.5
08/21/2005 = 175
Mini Goal is to break 175lbs.
Next Goal is to break 165 lbs.
Final Goal is 130 - 135 lbs.
Marcelle
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » August 12th, 2005, 2:18 pm

That's great, Daisey! When I saw you hadn't posted since the big binge, I thought for sure we'd lost you. I'm so glad you stuck with it! Keep up the good work, and it will pay off.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

It works

Postby Jan » August 12th, 2005, 5:04 pm

Whooo Hooo!!
Your're off and running. You made it through the beginning and now the sailing is smoother. Good for you getting rid of the nasty old scale :x I personally feel everybody should stay off the old thing for awhile. If you are very compliant and the scale shows no weight loss -- you get discouraged and think the weight will never come off :cry: "oh, well, I might as well eat" If you fudge a little and the scale show a little weight loss you think" hmmmm I can eat and it doesn't matter I still lose". :D Again Wrong thinking. Either way you are cheating only yourself. We don't need the scale to tell us if we are doing great -- we know it!!!
Keep going
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.