ready for a clean slate...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

ready for a clean slate...

Postby ladybug » April 7th, 2006, 3:37 pm

okay, so i have fininshed my first month, and have lost 8 pounds,which i am very happy about! i have tons of energy,and have been drinking like a gallon of water everyday, but i have not been as faithful to the program as i originally intended. :( i am a pastry chef and i have had a rough few weeks testing recipes, and tasting :shock: recipes! i hope to start my second month without those extra smidges and bites flubbing me up :lol:
i intentionally placed a rather large order of mf food as an incentive to keep on pointe so i will not only keep losing, but also be sure that i am getting my money's worth :D so here i go, hoping that the dreaded tasting period is over, and i am wiping the slate clean for a new month and a new me!!
thank goodness i can come here to regroup!
and to all the newbies, welcome and good luck, to the contemplaters, just do it, you'll never regret it! and to those oldies but gooooodies.....keep on shakin' and keep the medifaith!!!! :chef:
Yes I Can!!

ladybug
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby loriannk » April 7th, 2006, 3:50 pm

:goodluck:

Wow it has to be hard being a pastry chef. I don't think I could do it. I have to stay away from the fresh bakery at my grocery store. Just keep telling yourself you are worth it and YOU CAN DO IT!!

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » April 7th, 2006, 3:55 pm

Eight pounds is great, considering what you've had to deal with! And just think how much thinner you'll be when tasting time comes around again.

Good for you for sticking with it! That has to be so hard.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Shana » April 7th, 2006, 3:56 pm

Yikes!
I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to do medifast as a pastry chef - the HABIT of tasting is always there even when it isn't required while testing new recipes!
That said, I think you're doing great, and this next month is going to be even better!!!

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby sheila » April 7th, 2006, 4:16 pm

Hey Lady! Congrats on the 8 lb loss, thats nothing to sneeze at. It must be hard being a pastry chef! I test my own will power at least 1 time a week and bake brownies for the kids. But I know it would be much harder to ALWAYS be around it. I know you can do it though, especially after placing that big order, I mean this stuff aint exaclty cheap! Hang in there!
sheila
sheila

Postby Arklahoma » April 8th, 2006, 2:33 pm

I know that you probably already feel like a failure but focus on the + right now. Your second month will be great cuz we're all here for you.

:goodluck:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sheila » April 8th, 2006, 2:54 pm

Hang in there Lady, and love your ticker, by the way ;)
sheila
sheila

Postby Nancy » April 8th, 2006, 4:13 pm

Hi ya, Lady Bug ~

Here’s to your clean slate! A Clean slate is always better than a clean plate, I always say!

I agree with your outlay of the dough for the big order of Medifast – when the shelves are full, it helps to keep us from heading to the store or the drive-through.

You have some kinda will power to be a pastry chef and be on a weight loss program. They’d have to sew my trap shut…my belly, chins and shins looked like I had eaten my weight in yeast – I looked like the Pillsbury Dough Boy with darts in his shirt!

This is your month to thin, Lady Bug. We’re glad that you have decided to keep the flour from your chin and instead chug shakes this month. I know you can have a super weight loss month!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 8th, 2006, 7:20 pm

Great job on the 8lbs ladybug heck if i was in your shoes it would probably have been an 8lb gain.

Can't wait to see how you do this month

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to Come on in.