Quick question?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Quick question?

Postby angelgirl » April 2nd, 2006, 3:32 pm

I was wondering what condiments are allowed? I was hoping to be able to eat Ketchup with my protein... in moderation of course. Thanks!
angelgirl
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Loribug » April 2nd, 2006, 3:34 pm

Read your quick start guide, you are allowed ketchup but not very much, you'll have to look it up though, I'm at work and don't want to mislead you.
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » April 2nd, 2006, 3:35 pm

I'm pretty sure it's 1 Tsp of ketchup...it's not enough that I would bother...but it may tide you over in a pinch :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » April 2nd, 2006, 3:36 pm

There's also some decent sugar-free ketchup out there, which might buy you a little more than the allotted amount. Heinz 1-carb tastes best to me. Just like the real thing, but sweetened with Splenda.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Loribug » April 2nd, 2006, 3:37 pm

I've tried that too, its good in a pinch, seems alittle sweet to me though
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby angelgirl » April 2nd, 2006, 4:42 pm

Thanks everyone. I will try the sugar free one. I had about a tsp. today with my meat so it wasn't so dry. I appreciate every one of you who takes time to respond... it means a lot to me. I don't have any family except for my dad and he and I aren't that close so you guys and girls make me feel like i am part of this big family and I love it. Have a great evening everyone!
angelgirl
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Bonnie » April 3rd, 2006, 2:06 pm

I am glad you asked because when I first started I had barbecue sauce all over the top of my chicken and wondered why I craved sugar the rest of the day.

You can have 1-2 teaspoons of condiments such as ketchup, mustard or barbecue sauce. (sugar free is the best).

Since we are allowed broth (up to 2 cups a day) I add the powered Chicken Broth to the chicken soups, to steamed brocolli, and to meat I am steaming.
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Shana » April 3rd, 2006, 2:14 pm

I have a question about the mustard - I use dijon which is zero fat, carb, protein & calories per tsp - are we still limited on the use of items like this even though it has no nutritional value as opposed to Ketchup or bbq sauce which have calories & sugars?

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Marseilles » April 3rd, 2006, 2:31 pm

Mustard is one of those that you can use with reckless abandon, if I am not mistaken! I am teasing, of course, as with any of the condiments, it is very easy to overuse things and end up with some unwanted calories. For example, one tsp of mustard has a mere 3 calories and 56 mg of sodium, which doesnt seem like much. A cup of that same mustard is all of a sudden 195 calories, 19g of carbs and 2799 mg of sodium. Oops...not the way we wish to medifast. Granted, who in their right mind can eat a cup of mustard but I am sure you get my point. The portions of allowable things are very moderate for a reason. please be careful and enjoy condiments without any negative effects!

No mustard shakes for you!!!
Cheers....
-M
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Shana » April 3rd, 2006, 2:35 pm

Marseilles wrote:No mustard shakes for you!!!
Cheers....
-M

And here I was with dreams of a banana mustard shake *sigh* you've dashed all my dreams lol

Seriously though, thank you for the info!

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Marseilles » April 3rd, 2006, 2:40 pm

I pointed this site out on another post but I have found that triple dubya dot nutritiondata dot com can be a lifesaver. It is very thorough and accurate and can be a lifesaver when deciding upon condiments or which vegetable to have with your lean and green.

Im so sorry you cant enjoy your banana mustard shake, maybe in maintenance you can make the mustard hot cocoa you are dreaming of!

hehehehe

best wishes for your continued success!
-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.